Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
TimWhatley

TimWhatley

QCup Player
Dec 1, 2019
Also helps that they tend to get penalised earlier but then just keep going off their line too quick knowing the ref will put the whistle away if they keep on doing it, which they always do.

Remember Anysalad? 'The better teams have the ball more and so are penalised less' - it is just funny that earlier in the year, despite us being above the Storm as we have been all year, we ended up with three players in the bin for (insert crackdown reason here) and on the end of an 8-1 penalty count despite us being one of the better disciplined teams in the comp all year.

The ref should be there to adjudicate fairly, not directly impact a result due to mismanagement. Funnily enough, said ref got binned the following week.
Are you suggesting a bias against us? Personally I think it's just hard being a ref and the system that the NRL has given them sets them up for failure. That's why there's so many howlers each week. I'm guessing storm get trained to push the boundaries of the ref and we should be doing the same thing.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
some more good quality journalism, lol

Reporter: So Kotoni, did you have to be talked into having a rest or did you enjoy having the week off?
Staggs: ahh, I had no choice, I got suspended so ...

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Are you suggesting a bias against us? Personally I think it's just hard being a ref and the system that the NRL has given them sets them up for failure. That's why there's so many howlers each week. I'm guessing storm get trained to push the boundaries of the ref and we should be doing the same thing.

I'm suggesting that neither game this year should be read to much into. Despite being absolutely smashed by the ref in the first game, there is no denying this, even the NRL have admitted this happened by dropping the ref, we still could have won that game. We also lost Reynolds early to injury and still were in it until the last minute. I am saying that if the game is adjudicated fairly, we will smash them. I have been saying this for weeks.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I will be watching from home because my cat Rosie knows if the broncos will win or not she walked away last week before the match started that is how I knew we were going to lose

Lets put that fucken cat in a headlock this week ...eh?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I am genuinely interested to see how we go against the Scum with our current full compliment all staying on field for 80 minutes. When we played in the regular season the first time, Reynolds went off at the 15th minute and didn't come back. The Scum got ridden hard by the refs that night as well with 2 Broncos sin bins.

All we need is the refs to give us a fair go, and even half properly police the ruck. If that actually happens for once, I think we have too much speed and flair for them.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I will be watching from home because my cat Rosie knows if the broncos will win or not she walked away last week before the match started that is how I knew we were going to lose

You and your cat will be asleep at half-time, just like the last 2 games.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Hey she has watched all the other matches excluding last weeks
Yes......thats why she mustn't be allowed to leave the lounge room for any reason.
Control that fucken animal Kate.

angry homer simpson GIF

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Interesting to hear all the commentary around the finals in the media today. Basically:

- Panthers will win the whole thing unchallenged
- Storm, Knights and Roosters are locks for prelims
- Broncs, Warriors have done well to make this far but won’t go further
- Sharks and Raiders should forfeit

KateBroncos1812

KateBroncos1812

NRL Player
Jul 28, 2023
Yes......thats why she mustn't be allowed to leave the lounge room for any reason.
Control that fucken animal Kate.

angry homer simpson GIF
Rosie and I watch the broncos in my room because my mum hates it when the broncos play she is pretty sore from winning back to back wooden spoons pretty obvious which NRL team goes for

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Interesting to hear all the commentary around the finals in the media today. Basically:

- Panthers will win the whole thing unchallenged
- Storm, Knights and Roosters are locks for prelims
- Broncs, Warriors have done well to make this far but won’t go further
- Sharks and Raiders should forfeit

Really? I haven't heard that about us tbh. Everything around us has been how we really need to beat Melbourne just to get the monkey off our back and if we do, the only team that could handle us is Penrith. Which is pretty spot on IMO. The rest I've heard all day as well though. I can't believe how lightly everyone is taking the Warriors and how much they're blowing their loads over the ***** and Melbourne. Melbourne are very beatable and the Chooks have just started to string a few games together so "....ermagherd ermagherd ya know how they can go on a run". The Knights, as good as they've been, are one head knock away from bowing out for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.