Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
19:50

Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still plenty of good seats on Ticketek.. I'll be disappointed if this isn't a sell out.
It's sold down to about 300-400 single seats. The problem with Suncorp is that you're not allowed to just stand anywhere, so people tend to avoid buying the single seats. Most of them might sell tomorrow.

I remember in 2017 they sold standing areas for Origin 3 and it was epic.

The "secret weapon" Brissy have this time is Walsh. Melbourne are going to do everything they can to take him out of the game (probably literally knowing them), Munster practically gave up the ghost to the media during the week, so the Broncs need a game plan that finds a way to prevent that, or at least mitigate their efforts enough that he can still weave his magic effectively enough to win.

The key to that is in the front row. Haas, Carrigan and Flegler need to just roll the dice with the refs and bring the aggression hard. Pound Melbourne up the middle so hard they're too shellshocked and desperate to halt them that Walsh becomes a secondary concern.
The game plan can be Reyno.

When Reece isn't there he has easily been able to take over games... panthers round 1, warriors this year when everyone was out, dolphins at the Gabba, dogs at Belmore. All wins all without Walsh, but we had Reynolds.

If storm are too busy looking out the back for Walsh, then Reynolds needs to call an audible and take the ball for himself.

I think storm's gameplan will be rushing up on Walsh before he gets the ball... so there will be room for Cobbo on kicks in behind or cutout rainbow balls. If the centre is rushing up then that will leave Capewell or Riki 1v1 against the half.

Hell let's get Payne out wide and see if they want to rush up with Payne on Reynolds outside shoulder.

Reynolds guaranteeing that he could get Patty a try if he kept playing second row... and bang he does everything but put the ball down for him. When Reynolds goes into ball playing mode he can do things at will.

If Reynolds takes over the attack and plays both sides storm won't know what to do and Walsh would then be popping up as support player anyway... eventually it won't be known if the ball is staying with Reynolds or going to Walsh, so they won't be able to cheat up on Reece and he'll have space to cut them.

A Reynolds master class can get us a win tomorrow.

I think if our attack is on their defence just plain and simple has not been good enough all year to handle some pretty average teams let alone us. If it gets into a grind and they have nailed their plan and it isnt going all our way it could be a very tight game.

This time tomorrow night, our fate will be known. **** I'm nervous, more so than any game 3 decider in recent memory.
I'll be enjoying the game at work, probably talking to myself in the game day thread, as it seems 90% of lucky people here will be at the actual game.
C'mon the Broncs, let's get it done. 🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞

Not even close.

1694089038317.png

I think if our attack is on their defence just plain and simple has not been good enough all year to handle some pretty average teams let alone us. If it gets into a grind and they have nailed their plan and it isnt going all our way it could be a very tight game.

I agree. The Storm have struggled against up tempo footy all year, even us despite being down one player for over a quarter of the game and Reyno going down injured. This should be a slaughter if we bring our A game and we will.

I agree. The Storm have struggled against up tempo footy all year, even us despite being down one player for over a quarter of the game and Reyno going down injured. This should be a slaughter if we bring our A game and we will.
We should have beaten them early this year. This team can destroy melbourne - that previous game though goes to show how bad things not really in your control can go against you. Patty's sinbin was comically poor, the way the ruck was policed was easily the worst game of league I've seen in recent memory.

We need the crowd tomorrow night. We need a fired up crowd absolutely giving it to the refs to make sure we can play our brand of footy and not get crushed into wreslemania. That will set the tone

We should have beaten them early this year. This team can destroy melbourne - that previous game though goes to show how bad things not really in your control can go against you. Patty's sinbin was comically poor, the way the ruck was policed was easily the worst game of league I've seen in recent memory.

We need the crowd tomorrow night. We need a fired up crowd absolutely giving it to the refs to make sure we can play our brand of footy and not get crushed into wreslemania. That will set the tone
Very good point Skathen Skathen
I think at times we can let the ref impart his bullshit without letting him know… I love the respectful, family atmosphere at Suncorp, however, we need to let him know if he ***** up! Need all of us there tomorrow night to help Mr Atkins see everything!

Clearly all the other teams should have shown respect for Souths by not making Reynolds an offer, therefore forcing him to take up their insulting offer.

It's working out great for them, though.

That heavily favours Storm.
disagree. if its wet and forwards go head to head...suits us. their potency is spine. a wet slog we win...a dry track we win..just better across the board

their edge cannot handle staggs and farnworth. they have bit players at 3 wide in defence. it will be a carve up

disagree. if its wet and forwards go head to head...suits us. their potency is spine. a wet slog we win...a dry track we win..just better across the board

If it's wet and it turns into a grind, Storm wrestle us out of the contest. They are excellent at strangling teams when they get them down in the trenches.

The way we beat them is playing the way we've been playing all year, uptempo style of footy.

I just don't like the fact that we're not going to get the chance to get one back on Reimis Smith.

The way he carried on after his try last week. It was fair game, he's perfectly entitled to do it but that didn't change the fact that I wanted to run out there and punch him in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.