Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
19:50

Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the loss of Palasia and Flegler, we only really have Willison that can replace them at the moment. Taupau is getting older, and will definitely miss a few games with stupid suspensions every now and there.

We're getting Baker don't forget.

With the loss of Palasia and Flegler, we only really have Willison that can replace them at the moment. Taupau is getting older, and will definitely miss a few games with stupid suspensions every now and there.

If you assume Jensen to start, we'd have Hetherington, Baker, Tapau, Piakura, Willison, and possibly Te Kura, for the three bench spots besides the fourteen.

Well you know I don't need much prompting for a list:

1. Walsh
2. Arthars
3. Staggs
4. Cobbo
5. Mariner
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Jensen/Baker
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Mozer
15. Hetherington
16. Willison/Oates
17. Oates/Piakura

You could run with something like this.
I like it. I reckon that could be a good team in 2024, except with Smoothy off the bench to start the season and Mozer slowly given game time here and there until he is ready for regular first grade.

I like it. I reckon that could be a good team in 2024, except with Smoothy off the bench to start the season and Mozer slowly given game time here and there until he is ready for regular first grade.

Small sample last night, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Mozer take that bench role fairly early next season. Definitely didn't look out of place at all.

We're getting Baker don't forget.
True, but I don't really rate him that highly yet based on his form at the Roosters. Definitely can do a job though and I have no doubt he will become a better player being around Carrigan, Haas, etc.

If you assume Jensen to start, we'd have Hetherington, Baker, Tapau, Piakura, Willison, and possibly Te Kura, for the three bench spots besides the fourteen.
I wouldn't mind the following, with the 17 spot being rotated a bit to let Willison have a rest whenever required.

14. Smoothy
15. Hetherington
16. Piakura
17. Willison/Oates/Taupau/Baker

I expect Walters to continue getting better with his fitness, and so even in some games it may even be an option to have him play 80mins and go the four forward bench. I suppose it would be a game by game thing though, and would depend on whether or not Walters is actually able to play 80mins without his level dropping.

I wouldn't mind the following, with the 17 spot being rotated a bit to let Willison have a rest whenever required.

14. Smoothy
15. Hetherington
16. Piakura
17. Willison/Oates/Taupau/Baker

I expect Walters to continue getting better with his fitness, and so even in some games it may even be an option to have him play 80mins and go the four forward bench. I suppose it would be a game by game thing though, and would depend on whether or not Walters is actually able to play 80mins without his level dropping.
Kevvie would need to be extra careful though as he is not ready yet. Any coach worth his salt would immediately target Billy if the bench had four forwards sitting on it knowing full well that Kevvie intended to play him for the full 80. That said, I think Hethrington is capable of giving him a breather if need be.

Kevvie would need to be extra careful though as he is not ready yet. Any coach worth his salt would immediately target Billy if the bench had four forwards sitting on it knowing full well that Kevvie intended to play him for the full 80. That said, I think Hethrington is capable of giving him a breather if need be.
Correct. I would also have Smoothy as 18th man so that we can activate him in the event of foul play, but as you mentioned, Hetherington could do a job there to give Walters a breather, especially defensively.

Walters will need to learn how to manage himself so that he can stay strong for 80mins. Don't expend too much energy when not required.

If Arthars played the house down last night, I could get on board with it too but he was at best just as bad as Oates was, arguably worse. And I am not one who is precious about Oates, I want him replaced by Mariner. I just think in a head to head with Arthars, Oates comfortably wins. Arthars has been great all year but Oates has an extra level he can go to IF he is fit and firing that Arthars can't.
I barely noticed either of them. Other than Sailor, the entire backline was thoroughly forgettable. We looked slower right across the park. The difference with Oates is he's unsigned next season so he had more to prove. Same with Pereira.

well that's a huge surprise to me but won't argue! just be a little more careful brendan.

Piakura FREE TO PLAY. How good!
Three "first offences." Lucky he can roll them into one.

ScreenScreenshot 2023 09 01 at 12 36 04 Judiciary Report Piakura hit with three charges Horsbu

Extremely lucky with that. Just shows what a lottery the MRC is once again.

Saves a potential difficulty for that last bench spot too with X Man likely gone for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Thelmus
  • GCBRONCO
  • bert_lifts
  • Fozz
  • Astro
  • johnny plath
  • Culhwch
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • mystico
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.