Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Extremely lucky with that. Just shows what a lottery the MRC is once again.

Saves a potential difficulty for that last bench spot too with X Man likely gone for the year.
Side picks itself with only two (no chance) wildcards that I can see. If Mariner is fit, I'd have him in for Oates. Did Mozer do enough last night to oust Smoothy? I don't think so, but the tweak is there. Jensen/Palasia flip a coin.

1. Walsh
2. Oates <- Mariner?
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Flegler
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Smoothy < - Mozer?
15. Piakura
16. Hetherington
17. Jensen/Palasia

18. Sailor/Arthars/Mariner

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
From NRL.com:

"Piakura faces fines for two Careless High Tackle charges and a Dangerous Contact charge but will be available for selection in week one of the finals."
Season 3 Thank You GIF by The Office

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Tell you what though, Piaks hits pretty hard in general. I reckon having him, Flegs, Hetherington and Carrigan out there would put some fear into opposition packs. Then out wider you've got Staggs as well who pulls off some bell ringers. We are a very scary proposition for other teams to come up against.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
The second one should never have even been on report. People get tackled on suspicion all the time and it's never more than a penalty.
It only was because that Sua guy is a cat. When running he looks great but seems too weak to last in the NRL.

Finbar

Finbar

QCup Player
May 21, 2018
Tell you what though, Piaks hits pretty hard in general. I reckon having him, Flegs, Hetherington and Carrigan out there would put some fear into opposition packs. Then out wider you've got Staggs as well who pulls off some bell ringers. We are a very scary proposition for other teams to come up against.
Mam's been smashing blokes all year too.

Big Del

Big Del

NRL Captain
Apr 22, 2017

Jordan Riki and Staggs both have that ball and all sling you into the ground and then land on top of you thing that might not look as spectacular . But I regularly see opposition worse for wear after getting worked over in one .

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Jordan Riki and Staggs both have that ball and all sling you into the ground and then land on top of you thing that might not look as spectacular . But I regularly see opposition worse for wear after getting worked over in one .
Yeah Hodges used to do that too.

Hopefully Piakura got it out of his system because his third incident last night could easily have been a sin bin based on the precedent this year.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
The second one should never have even been on report. People get tackled on suspicion all the time and it's never more than a penalty.

Stay down = report 99% of the time. Won't argue the penalty, but if Faalogo pops up they don't think twice.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Hang on, people are saying Oates was poor last night? Because he looked slow?

He ran for almost 200m, and almost 100m of that was PCM. In a night where we got absolutely bashed, made 0 errors, and also saved a try.

Are people basing their judgement purely on how quick he was running, or am I missing something?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Hang on, people are saying Oates was poor last night? Because he looked slow?

He ran for almost 200m, and almost 100m of that was PCM. In a night where we got absolutely bashed, made 0 errors, and also saved a try.

Are people basing their judgement purely on how quick he was running, or am I missing something?
Watch these tries:

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
2 tries from last night where Storm busted through the middle, and then a missed tackle from Oates several years ago on JAC?
Last one was a mispaste, but you get the idea. He looked behind the play all night. They all did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • KickHaas
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.