PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Eels vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Are you talking about the coachs?
No the players. It was a Sunday game and surely they watched the other semifinals that weekend before their game and realised everyone was stepping up.

I reckon this will be a carve up.
Full house at Parramatta
We have...
Hooker for a half, fullback for a 5/8, 5/8 for fullback and a second rower for a centre.
Couple that with no game plan and group completely bereft of combinations another game where we are staring down the barrel.
Individually there have been some exceptional performances this year but this being a team sport individuals can't do it alone.
I have not witnessed one iota of synergy within the playing group this year and regardless of anyones opinion there is only one person responsible to create such an environment where it can occur. So thanks for nothing Anthony, only 4 more years, woooofuckinghoo!
If it wasn't so depressing it would be laughable.

Last edited:
Full house at Parramatta
We have...
Hooker for a half, fullback for a 5/8, 5/8 for fullback and a second rower for a centre.
Couple that with no game plan and group completely bereft of combinations another game where we are staring down the barrel.
Individually there have been some exceptional performances this year but this being a team sport individuals can't do it alone.
I have not witnessed one iota of synergy within the playing group this year and regardless of anyones opinion there is only one person responsible to create such an environment where it can occur. So thanks for nothing Anthony, only 4 more years, woooofuckinghoo!
Jumping the gun a little there mate.
I give us a chance IF we start well.

I'll just point out that 75 to 04 is 3 decades, not 2

Which makes your point all the better :)
but is it. Over two decades but not really three[emoji41] haha

Last edited:
Haha your right ofcourse. I did realise after i posted but couldn't be bothered fixing it.

Soufs have only won one comp from 72 - 14 which is just over 4 decades.
After last nights effort I think they are going to have to wait a little longer.

This is why I suggested it , I am planning for the worst! I'd make 3 changes, it's not like seibold doesn't like making silly changes
He is barely at ISC level , has had a couple of good games against poor opposition , Im sure he would have been given a start by now if the Broncos thought he was up to it .

Tim Mannah, where is he now??

Excerpts from the article.
While no official announcement has been made by either club, I get the sense a deal is coming. As a Parramatta fan, when I read this news I had feelings varying from disappointment to anger given that if the move is immediate Eels fans won't have the opportunity to properly farewell a former skipper.... He captained the Eels from 2013-2019...As sad as this parting is, I understand that footy is a business and that loyalty is becoming less and less common in our game...The Eels have had a really challenging - and at times - disappointing season. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...At all times, Tim tried his best on the field, but was deeply committed to his community off it as well, working tirelessly for causes close to his heart like Ronald McDonald House and always having time for fans.
Given how inconsistent the team has been, coach Brad Arthur has had to force his hand and in recent weeks some players (including Tim) have been dropped.

New captain, young halves and hooker. Parramatta Eels a team on the up, whatever the result - Seibold should have a chat with Arthur about the struggles of a rookie coach in charge of a once powerhouse club with the weight of expectation for success.

Tim Mannah, where is he now??

Excerpts from the article.
While no official announcement has been made by either club, I get the sense a deal is coming. As a Parramatta fan, when I read this news I had feelings varying from disappointment to anger given that if the move is immediate Eels fans won't have the opportunity to properly farewell a former skipper.... He captained the Eels from 2013-2019...As sad as this parting is, I understand that footy is a business and that loyalty is becoming less and less common in our game...The Eels have had a really challenging - and at times - disappointing season. The definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...At all times, Tim tried his best on the field, but was deeply committed to his community off it as well, working tirelessly for causes close to his heart like Ronald McDonald House and always having time for fans.
Given how inconsistent the team has been, coach Brad Arthur has had to force his hand and in recent weeks some players (including Tim) have been dropped.

New captain, young halves and hooker. Parramatta Eels a team on the up, whatever the result - Seibold should have a chat with Arthur about the struggles of a rookie coach in charge of a once powerhouse club with the weight of expectation for success.

Bit surprised at all that.
Guess it proves again whilst all clubs want loyalty from their players while they are with the club sometimes when push comes to shove long term loyalty and solid service by a player doesn’t always count for much.

Full house at Parramatta
We have...

zzzzzzzzzz

jk.

Quality rant 10/10 would read again.

Re the Tim Mannah thing, put yourself in a players shoes and read that article.... captain for five years not getting a proper send off, doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence. Compare it to Wests and Farrah, even though Farrah is a little tool, he was their little tool and they looked after him accordingly.

I’m all about dropping Boyd, get rid of him the guy sucks, but we can’t do it in the way Parra did. Especially considering how young and impressionable our squad is. Short term loss long term gains

Well said. I've been a Broncos supporter since the early 90's and I grew up in Sydney. I remember the days when every team and their fans hated us because we were simply way too good. I remember the days of excellence and the highest possible standards. Barely making the 8 back then would of been an absolute disaster. Today? It's accepted as successful.

I will never buy into that and in my opinion that is what is killing the club. I have no doubt Seibs and the organisation want to win and succeed but part of our winning culture has eroded because standards have dropped. We have excuses. "Oh, it's a young team, we are building, wait a few more years and we'll be great!" - there are no guarantees. We need to be successful now and also plan for the future. Why are the Roosters and Melbourne so good at this but we aren't? It's not that it's impossible it's because the people at the Broncos haven't got "it", whatever "it" is which is excellence, extremely high standards and a take no shit mentality.

Well said. I've been a Broncos supporter since the early 90's and I grew up in Sydney. I remember the days when every team and their fans hated us because we were simply way too good. I remember the days of excellence and the highest possible standards. Barely making the 8 back then would of been an absolute disaster. Today? It's accepted as successful.

I will never buy into that and in my opinion that is what is killing the club. I have no doubt Seibs and the organisation want to win and succeed but part of our winning culture has eroded because standards have dropped. We have excuses. "Oh, it's a young team, we are building, wait a few more years and we'll be great!" - there are no guarantees. We need to be successful now and also plan for the future. Why are the Roosters and Melbourne so good at this but we aren't? It's not that it's impossible it's because the people at the Broncos haven't got "it", whatever "it" is which is excellence, extremely high standards and a take no shit mentality.
[/QUOTE] If it was up to me ,this game would be the litmus test to determine who's on the roster for next year. With nothing to lose and everything to gain they should show us just how much of a Bronco they all want to be. How much pride they have ,how much belief ,and why this great club has given them the opportunity to be chosen to be elite NRL players . Each and every one of them have a chance to show us their quality. Even Jonathon Thurston has said that Milford needs to step up now and should be integral to their attack. They've made the finals ( I don't know how) ,but it all starts tomorrow ,to show us ,each other ,and their fans what excellence, high standards and a take no shit mentality really means , win or lose ,thats the Broncos I also remember .

We can win this, but its going to take a lot of discipline and defence.
To win, it is most important for us to start well. However our start is also where we could potentially come undone.
My biggest fear is that we start too aggressive upfront and with the large and vocal crowd they will persuade the refs, no doubt..
Lodge is my biggest worry giving away silly penalties purely on trying to bully/take it to their forwards. He plays with his heart on his sleeve, but sometimes can give away silly penalties and this is when our heads go down and mentally we cannot pick ourselves up.
If we start with a good intensity, and discipline we will win.
It's as simple as that for mine, Parra aren't the storm, Melbourne or roosters. They play a much simpler game, which we can shut down if we start well and retain their offloads.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • LittleDavey
  • Nerd
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Manofoneway
  • Jazza
  • NSW stables
  • simplythebest
  • Johnny92
  • Behold
  • Skyblues87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bish
  • mrslong
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.