PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf why Mead

I think Wayne might have Mead in as cover in case Kodi stinks it up at fullback.

If that happens, Kahu to fullback with Mead onto the wing and Kodi back to the bench.

Either way, i think we have better wing options than Mead.

Wtf why Mead

What the hell. How is he going to be used? . Is he only there as a backup incase an injury occurs to a back? So if there's no injuries he sits on the bench the whole game. This is madness

Prefer Scarlett on the bench. Another option I prefer is Nikorima in the halves, Benji back to the bench and Isaako at fullback

I think Wayne might have Mead in as cover in case Kodi stinks it up at fullback.

If that happens, Kahu to fullback with Mead onto the wing and Kodi back to the bench.

Either way, i think we have better wing options than Mead.

Yeah but then mead stinks it up on the wing when he comes on. You don't replace stink with stink. He is so slow now too.

Can't say I'm happy with that bench. To me having Mead on the bench basically says to Kodi that we don't trust you enough.

Although who else do we go with. Bennent certainly isn't going to give Su'a or anyone much game time anyway so I suppose having Mead on the bench makes no difference. Just wish we had a Pangi was fit still. If that was the case I don't think we would have seen Mead near the side

Can't say I'm happy with that bench. To me having Mead on the bench basically says to Kodi that we don't trust you enough.

Although who else do we go with. Bennent certainly isn't going to give Su'a or anyone much game time anyway so I suppose having Mead on the bench makes no difference. Just wish we had a Pangi was fit still. If that was the case I don't think we would have seen Mead near the side

But if kodi goes alright then mead is a waste and we're essentially playing with 16 players. You get 17 at your disposal, best utilising them all somehow.

Another huge bonus for us is Tupou wasn't named in the side. From what I've seen him and Ferguson are the only two threats at the back in terms of starting their sets off well. If we can really jam up on Ferguson and contain him on the first and second tackle we will go a long way to winning the yardage battle.

Also the bench the roosters named doesn't strike me down with fear. I rate the forwards on our bench more so hopefully that's a area we can capatilise on too!

But if kodi goes alright then mead is a waste and we're essentially playing with 16 players. You get 17 at your disposal, best utilising them all somehow.

Mate even when we were getting flogged by parra Su'a got like 10mins on the field at best and that was after Pangi went off injured. I just can't see Bennett using him or anyone else anyway so why not have the cover for an injury to a back.

Another huge bonus for us is Tupou wasn't named in the side. From what I've seen him and Ferguson are the only two threats at the back in terms of starting their sets off well. If we can really jam up on Ferguson and contain him on the first and second tackle we will go a long way to winning the yardage battle.

Also the bench the roosters named doesn't strike me down with fear. I rate the forwards on our bench more so hopefully that's a area we can capatilise on too!
Tupou was named in the 21 ... bank on him playing

Why the **** is Mead on the bench!! Literally offers nothing off the bench. Might aswell put Su'a at least he can play in the forwards and centre. **** sake

And yet he was signed by Bennett so obviously Mead does offer something otherwise why would Bennett want him?!!

But in all seriousness, Mead is there for cover. Nothing more.

Surely Wayne is just playing mind games naming mead on the bench. You don't name a bloke in fullback for a qualifying final and name someone as his cover "just incase" he's shit. The bloke is either good enough or he doesn't get named there. Mead drops off and su'a starts.

If we have an injury to our halves or outside backs then we just make do with what we can hope it gets us through. If not then we have next week. It's ultimately a 16 man squad otherwise.

Allows cover for the entire back line really. He looked like a dinosaur in a tar pit last game. Possibly he was injured but whatever, he was slow as ****.

Surely Wayne is just playing mind games naming mead on the bench. You don't name a bloke in fullback for a qualifying final and name someone as his cover "just incase" he's shit. The bloke is either good enough or he doesn't get named there. Mead drops off and su'a starts.

If we have an injury to our halves or outside backs then we just make do with what we can hope it gets us through. If not then we have next week. It's ultimately a 16 man squad otherwise.

Kahu still has groin issues. Milford is one bad shoulder injury away from his season being ended.

What if one of those gets injured?

Teams really only need 16 players anyway. The extra is just there for a bit of game time. The forwards at this stage of the season are all match fit and fit enough to play big minutes. We can afford to carry a back on the bench.

Fai going for shoulder surgery was bad timing. I think if we had a quality middle man it would be worth adding a fourth forward. Mead was good off the bench earlier this year so I can understand why Bennett chose him but mead was so bad last game he played he needs an early off season to make up for it in my opinion. I would have picked opacic if we needed a cover-type player, or Sua. Both can play centre or back row, opacic can also play wing well. If Sua came on shift moga to wing if a winger is injured or niko goes down with kahu to fullback.

I just get the feeling something will change before the game. I'm not sure what but I get the feeling Bennett has a certain style in mind to play the roosters. They have a lot of slow defenders (they lay around after the tackle and are slow from marker eg JWH, Napa, the bench forwards especially), he may be thinking quick feet in the ruck and lots of inside balls, which are 2 of our strengths already when we choose to use them.

Mate even when we were getting flogged by parra Su'a got like 10mins on the field at best and that was after Pangi went off injured. I just can't see Bennett using him or anyone else anyway so why not have the cover for an injury to a back.
This is the way I see it as well. Most teams back row and lock all play big minutes nowadays, for us all of them could play 80 along with macca. Bennett is just giving moose a 20min spell, but he's a beast and can easily play 80.

So for us we'd have the two bench props playing 30-40mins each, a second rower (arrow in this case) getting 20mins... and a 4th guy there for what exactly??

Bennett has stated earlier in the year he likes to carry a utility especially with HIA the way it is. If a winger comes off or you think he might need to come off (Winterstein last week) at least you have a back to slot in with minimal disruption.

If Knik went down with injury and you say have sua as that 4th spot. You'd be looking at Kahu to fullback, Moga/Roberts to the wing and Sua in the centers. Sua might be able to do a job but you lose the offensive threat of a Moga or Roberts in the centers and greatly weaken your defence on the wing.

What would happen if a half or hooker went down? Under the current arrangement Knik to hooker/half, Kahu 1, mead 5 but what does that look like with sua? Maybe Sammy moving or huge disruption to the backline to get sua into the centers.

With our team you can afford to play a 3 man bench as most of our team can play long minutes if needed. Hell Arrow, Sammy, Blair and Offa can all play big minutes if needed.

Have you seen Bennett teams over the last several years ... he nearly always names a back on the bench. Usually an outside back at that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • azza.79
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • upthebroncs
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • johnny plath
  • Redfern_1980
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.