PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
As good as our outside backs are our depth is shithouse. Thought Pearson looked the goods on his debut, but has stunk it up since then whenever given an opportunity. And Mead was supposed to be the safe, experienced, seasoned player that was going to push for a run on position...pfft.
I'm hoping 1 of the other young blokes coming through will have the goods.

If mead is picked on the bench then jeez what a waste of interchange.

If mead is picked on the bench then jeez what a waste of interchange.

Don't think Mead will play unless he is run on mate. Glen can cover centre if need be and one of the centres can push to wing if we have an outside back injury.

Likewise with Hunt if we have a half go down with injury, Thaiday, glen or arrow can go to hooker and cover that position for Hunt to play 6 or 7 if there is an injury. For mine if Mead plays he stars so Kahu can play fullback and Kodi stays 7. I hope for our sake Mead doesn't play though. He has stunk it up all year.

Looking forward to seeing how Marshall and Milford combine to be honest. If they play well togeather I got a feeling that we might stick with that combination if Boyd comes back and Kodi starts on the bench.

Marshall was the press conference this morning.

I think we can beat the Roosters comfortably. Milford was outstanding against the Cowboys. He just needs to get those silly early kicks out of his game.

He did it a couple of times. Kicked on the third or fourth tackle and got no result. In fact, it just put us under pressure.

If he gets that out of his game or just leave it to Marshall I can't see us losing.

One thing that I was thinking about the last few days is how it's really only been one or two player changes that have decided the majority of our recent games.

The Titans were buggered, so let's write that game off. But against the Eels in our earlier game a decisive factor was Oates out and Pearson in with his ice-skates. Against the Sharks, Bird was out and Moga totally schooled Capewell. And then again against the Eels we had a winger out, this time Kahu, with Mead getting torn a new one.

What does this mean? For one, I hope Kahu plays. But with Boyd out, the Roosters will be able to do plenty of homework on Nikorima, who was fine in last week's second half but potentially only because it was not planned. Flip the coin though and maybe we can exploit Manu or Ferguson with Tupou being out? Aubusson, being a back-rower, shouldn't get bumped off Moga as easily as others have, but again he's out of position and open to being caught out.

Moga is fast too with a nice in and away. Fridays the day to use it, I'd say.

Tetevano is challenging the grading of his charge at the joke they call the judiciary

FW1Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• JayTeeM
  • Galah
  • Xzei
  • Tim K
  • BroncoFan94
  • FACTHUNT
  • Strop
  • Confidor
  • Hoof Hearted
  • PETERN
  • johnyE
  • Jazza
  • broncoscope
  • Bongo
  • Jedhead
  • bb_gun
  • YeahNahMate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BRC088
  • Stix
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.