PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only concern with Niko at the back is that he isn't a good leaper. If they get him one-on-one with Mitchell, Tupou or Ferguson, he will come off second best.

Apart from that, with the extra room to move he could be more lethal with his running game.
Boyd would probably come off second best as well, but there is no reason why Niko should come one-on-one with any of those guys anyway. He shouldn't be contesting bombs on the edges.

Kahu and Oates will have to deal with them, but we need to be well aware of second phase generated from tap backs from any of those guys.

My big concern is whether Kodi will be able to organise our defense, which is Boyd's strength.

On the other hand, I can see Niko wreak havoc in attack if we keep up our free flowing footy style.

My only concern with Niko at the back is that he isn't a good leaper. If they get him one-on-one with Mitchell, Tupou or Ferguson, he will come off second best.

Apart from that, with the extra room to move he could be more lethal with his running game.

It's unlikely he'll have to catch bombs against wingers unless the roosters set up that way and have their wingers come in field.

How often do you see Boyd leaping for a bomb? The only bombs niko will have to practice catching are those big mid field spiralling torpedoes with pressure bearing down on him

I'm not that worried with the roosters. Of all the teams they worry me the least. We contain their big fellas, JWH, Nappa etc up the middle and simple d for the outside backs and we are on our way. Niko at the back will do a fine job and Benji run on half will be fantastic for game management, kicking game and settling the team down. Suncorp prelim would be unreal, let's make it happen fellas!!

Issako was really good yesterday when Souths needed him, his runs on the right really ignited Souths' comeback. Wasn't enough and he's now on Mad Monday but I liked the way he took it on himself to correct the 16-0 hole.

I take it that since he is on mad Monday that he is no chance of being named this week 1910.....?

Just dictate terms ffs

Marshall was at the Tigers game last night watching his younger brother also he just announced his wife is pregnant. Hopefully things on the field turn out as well as they have been off it for him!

I'd love for him to come out and destroy the roosters on Friday night! That would be amazing!!!!

Sounds like Su'A will be on the bench according to Chris Garry as he can cover the centres.

Match winning flick pass to jimmy the jet... fucking goosebumps.
If by watch winning you mean in the 30th minute when we've already piled on 36 points :wink:

You know the worst thing about the Tetevano charge?

If that Titans player doesn't go off, or he goes off for a HIA and passes, Tetevano plays this week.

Why should injury determine the severity of the charge? The worst case scenario should always be taken into consideration.

Was it dangerous regardless of whether the player gets knocked out or not? Yes it was. It was a shoulder to the fucking head.
Try telling that to Roosters fans. Most of them seem to think he has nothing to answer for.

Someone elsewhere mentioned how Matterson pushed a Titans player on top of the injured one too. Dirty *****

Someone elsewhere mentioned how Matterson pushed a Titans player on top of the injured one too. Dirty ****s
Yeah, he landed on the player and the trainer trying to tend to him.

Someone elsewhere mentioned how Matterson pushed a Titans player on top of the injured one too. Dirty ****s
This was the worst part about the whole thing.

He only pushed the bloke over because he ran in like he was going to throw them. Bit of an overreaction

How about this one boys

Put 20 bucks down on:

Brissy 1 to 12
Manly 13+
Sharks 1 to 12
Melbourne 1 to 12

2 grand payout
I threw 20 on this too, why the **** not. We could be rich IBM, rich!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • upthebroncs
  • YeahNahMate
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redfern_1980
  • kman
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
  • johnny plath
  • barker
  • Financeguy
  • BruiserMk1
  • mitch222
  • Rookie Alan
  • Sproj
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.