PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're a much better chance of beating them in the GF than any other game. See 2006 vs every other bloody year.

Yeah but look at 2006s forward pack. It was a monster representative pack. Throw in some backs in their prime, Lockyer, berrigan and hodges etc and you have all the tools to beat the storm in a gf. Where as our current team I feel we'd need to play at our absolute peak to beat the current storm.

I think we're a much better chance of beating them in the GF than any other game. See 2006 vs every other bloody year.

We had the experience over them. Cronk, Smith, Slater, they weren't as good as they are today and they weren't anywhere near as experienced as us which made a massive difference in how the game played out.

Even in the coaching staff we had far more experience.

We knew what to do in those crucial moments of the game, Storm didn't.

Experience matters in big games, just ask Parra.

The Storm are going to be challenged physically by the Eels grubs and whoever they play in the prelim if they make it that far. It wouldn't surprise if their two games before the gf broke down into out and out grubfests.

I see no need to risk Boyd or TPJ considering we have a game up our sleeve. We're going to need some size on the edges though, to contest any kicks that come to the corners.

I can handle losing a GF again, somebody loses every year, fact of life. Just not in the same fashion as '15.

Losing 2 in 3 years is pretty fucked up though

Losing 2 in 3 years is pretty fucked up though

Agreed, but just making 2 in 3 years is pretty impressive. I'd much rather make it and lose than not even have a chance of winning it. Also, a loss to any other side in a grand final is far more palatable than going down to the cows.

Zane Tetevano is out. He is facing a minimum 3 game suspension.

That helps the Broncos. He provided good impact off the bench for the Roosters.

Then there were the 1994-1996 era sides that would find ways to fall apart at the business end of the seasons which IMO were far more frustrating because these sides possessed far more talent then the current 2015-2017 era side.

We play Friday night.

6 day turnaround for the Roosters.

Our best is better than the Roosters best.

Boyd is out, Nikorima will play Fullback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• porouian
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Culhwch
  • Hurrijo
  • Redux
  • Gaz
  • broncos4life
  • Howie
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • YeahNahMate
  • Redfern_1980
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.