PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the stat on teams finishing 3rd on the ladder?

We're actually better off playing the Roosters down there.

With a fast dry track, their style of play could really hurt us. But down there, there isn't as much opportunity to play an expansive gameplan. It's more of a grind and I fancy our chances of winning in a grinding contest.

I'm not sure if anyone listens, but Gus has a weekly Podcast. He has been hammering the Broncos for quite a while. Actually predicted that Parra would give us a touch up.

Having said that, he also stated on the Podcast after Origin 1, that there was no way Qld could win the series, and he had dire concerns for the future of Qld Rugby League. Even after game 2, he continued to state that it was NSW time, and Qld couldn't win it.....
Gus likes to think he's a master at psychological manipulation... even after the blatant failure of so many years attempting it.

In 2015 Gus crapped on for weeks and weeks and weeks about how the Roosters were so far above every other team and would make the GF. Then we smacked them.

In 2015 Gus crapped on for weeks and weeks and weeks about how the Roosters were so far above every other team and would make the GF. Then we smacked them.

He had a massive sook after the Roosters lost to Melbourne as well. He was convinced Sydney were going to win but after they dished up an insipid half he blamed Melbourne's boring tactics and said they were ruining the spectacle of Rugby League. To further emphasize his point he then used the Broncos/Cowboys game (despite the Cowboys 'forcing' far more slower play the balls than Melbourne) against Melbourne. Instead of accepting Sydney's flaws he had to find somebody else to blame.

I still think he's right to be trepedatious about the Broncos. You don't lose by 50 points on the eve of the finals without having some weaknesses. However I wouldn't be so cocky about the Roosters. The Roosters could very well turn it on against the Broncos and beat them easily but they're just as patchy as Brisbane and can lose their heads if things don't go their way.

The Broncos kicking game has to be smart. Kick for the sidelines often, don't let Ferguson or Mitchell build up a head of steam.

Roosters were not impressive against the Titans today, Broncos are more than capable of beating them.

Gould says a lot of things.

He also wrote a big column after the Broncos demolition of the Tigers saying why Broncos will be premiers.

His whole point of that column was actually spot on. Broncos weren't going to lose unless they beat themselves, but it just shows how many times he changes his mind.

Only thing I'm worried about is Ferguson. He's a gun in the air and Oates has been suss with his hands.
Maybe Cordner on that left edge too.

He had a massive sook after the Roosters lost to Melbourne as well. He was convinced Sydney were going to win but after they dished up an insipid half he blamed Melbourne's boring tactics and said they were ruining the spectacle of Rugby League. To further emphasize his point he then used the Broncos/Cowboys game (despite the Cowboys 'forcing' far more slower play the balls than Melbourne) against Melbourne. Instead of accepting Sydney's flaws he had to find somebody else to blame.

I still think he's right to be trepedatious about the Broncos. You don't lose by 50 points on the eve of the finals without having some weaknesses. However I wouldn't be so cocky about the Roosters. The Roosters could very well turn it on against the Broncos and beat them easily but they're just as patchy as Brisbane and can lose their heads if things don't go their way.

The Broncos kicking game has to be smart. Kick for the sidelines often, don't let Ferguson or Mitchell build up a head of steam.

Will be a close and tight game imo. Could go either way.

Just a question - does the losing team have a home game the following week?

If we win do we get a home game ?

I think they had Week 3 in capital cities in the past before? Not sure about now.

Funny thing is Gus was crapping on the Broncos and now it looks like his precious panthers side could lose by more then 34 and get knocked out lol lol lol lol

Funny thing is Gus was crapping on the Broncos and now it looks like his precious panthers side could lose by more then 34 and get knocked out lol lol lol lol

Its 37, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• YeahNahMate
  • barker
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • jd87
  • pennywisealfie
  • Johnny92
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TimWhatley
  • NSW stables
  • broncos4life
  • Redfern_1980
  • Aldo
  • davidp
  • johnny plath
  • mrslong
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.