PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have scored 100 more points and had a much harder draw. I'll take our plays instead thanks very much. Without radradra their attack is not daunting at all, despite what happened with us...

It's very similar to the storm with a lot bodies in motion , how many points have they scored. We could be better creating more space and feeding the likes of roberts , with early ball and space . If you're happy not to better yourself than thats fine ,but i want a team that wants to be the best not 2nd or 3rd .

It's very similar to the storm with a lot bodies in motion , how many points have they scored. We could be better creating more space and feeding the likes of roberts , with early ball and space . If you're happy not to better yourself than thats fine ,but i want a team that wants to be the best not 2nd or 3rd .
So do I. But our style suits our team. And we were using Roberts better then he has ever been used 1 month ago. The coaching staff or team haven't forgotten how too, they've just focused on other areas coming in to the finals and will try to reinvigorate Roberts in the finals

where the f**k is this rubbish about milf going missing when he plays with benji coming from? He's only human for Christ sake the Cowboys had 61% possession and 69% territory on the back of 5 penalties and 5 forced drop outs in the second half. We were also forced to make 53 more tackles then them in them in the 2nd half. Tell me how milf went missing when he never really had a chance to be the star people expect from every touch of the ball.

I think if benji partners milf in the halves they'll combine well together and if niko is forced to play fullback Kahu places himself in position to take the pressure bombs. Also don't think pangai has had the impact recently that he's had earlier in the year so the addition of arrow to the squad isn't a massive loss if that's who takes his spot.

where the f**k is this rubbish about milf going missing when he plays with benji coming from? He's only human for Christ sake the Cowboys had 61% possession and 69% territory on the back of 5 penalties and 5 forced drop outs in the second half. We were also forced to make 53 more tackles then them in them in the 2nd half. Tell me how milf went missing when he never really had a chance to be the star people expect from every touch of the ball.

I think if benji partners milf in the halves they'll combine well together and if niko is forced to play fullback Kahu places himself in position to take the pressure bombs. Also don't think pangai has had the impact recently that he's had earlier in the year so the addition of arrow to the squad isn't a massive loss if that's who takes his spot.

If anything it's good that Benji comes on and isn't afraid to do what's needed - which is keep the halves from panicked options when calm completed sets is what is called for. Winning the territory battle isn't Milf's strongest area (although he is improving) and I'm happy for Benji to do most of the field position kicking. Milf is our most dangerous support player, so if we had more possession that half Milf probably would have carved up on the back of Benji running it. Milf had a great game overall and I'm just relieved his shoulder is holding up and not limiting his confidence to be brilliant.

We can switch around in attack, as long as we defend as a unit like we did against the Cows. If Niko is at fullback, agreed he will need more support defensively. In any scenario (if Boyd doesn't play) the fullback and wingers will have to combine to diffuse the Roosters aerial attack.

Gus just said "you can play the game on Anzac parade or wherever the roosters will beat the broncos next week".

**** off Gus you arrogant smug twat

I'm not sure if anyone listens, but Gus has a weekly Podcast. He has been hammering the Broncos for quite a while. Actually predicted that Parra would give us a touch up.

Having said that, he also stated on the Podcast after Origin 1, that there was no way Qld could win the series, and he had dire concerns for the future of Qld Rugby League. Even after game 2, he continued to state that it was NSW time, and Qld couldn't win it.....

Gould's reason for us is that he feels there is something not quite right about the Broncos, it is a gut feel, he's mentioned it a few times throughout the last few weeks when commentating and now it seems to taken him over in his usual tangential ranting manner.

The only reason Milford looked like he went missing was because Marshall was taking the long kicks and we were in our half all second half. Milford still set up a line break for Ese and could of scored from it if he had more skill.

So do I. But our style suits our team. And we were using Roberts better then he has ever been used 1 month ago. The coaching staff or team haven't forgotten how too, they've just focused on other areas coming in to the finals and will try to reinvigorate Roberts in the finals

We will see, but i still think he would cause major headaches if given more depth and time. The eels provide great space for Jennings and would like to see us do the same for roberts.

One thing I'd instruct our fullback to do is after taking a high ball is to slow down the play the ball, even feign a slight injury every now and then ! My reasoning is quite simple and it comes from noticing the metres gained from the first 3-4 tackles after the kick down field.

Having a fast play the ball actually favours the defence in a huge way. They have a straight line and we invariably only have one player to pass the ball to so it is a truly simple job for the defence to contain. We barely make more than 5 metres a hitup and after 3 or 4 of them we finally have enough players onside to have options and big bodies running hard. That means we get one tackle to gain some field position.

When you compare that to say a tap start our guys, like most hitups makes 9- 10 metres a tackle. We should take our time with the first kick return and the second one too with an instruction to the forwards to sprint back onside instead of ambling down the field waiting for ineffectual hitups to put them onside. It would be new and a novel approach but I have absolutely no doubt it would be a great gain and instead of kicking on the fifth from behind our 40 we'd be kicking from theirs and winning a territorial battle we would otherwise be losing .

I want to see Milford carve up the Roosters like he did in the 2015 Prelim in the hope that we see this headline in the papers.

Hungry Milf devours *****.

He could very well do that in the form he is in.

I want to see Blair and Thaiday stick it to Hargreaves and co.

One thing I'd instruct our fullback to do is after taking a high ball is to slow down the play the ball, even feign a slight injury every now and then ! My reasoning is quite simple and it comes from noticing the metres gained from the first 3-4 tackles after the kick down field.

Having a fast play the ball actually favours the defence in a huge way. They have a straight line and we invariably only have one player to pass the ball to so it is a truly simple job for the defence to contain. We barely make more than 5 metres a hitup and after 3 or 4 of them we finally have enough players onside to have options and big bodies running hard. That means we get one tackle to gain some field position.

When you compare that to say a tap start our guys, like most hitups makes 9- 10 metres a tackle. We should take our time with the first kick return and the second one too with an instruction to the forwards to sprint back onside instead of ambling down the field waiting for ineffectual hitups to put them onside. It would be new and a novel approach but I have absolutely no doubt it would be a great gain and instead of kicking on the fifth from behind our 40 we'd be kicking from theirs and winning a territorial battle we would otherwise be losing .

It's a good plan. I just wish there were coaches and players brave enough to think outside the box like this but I guess they're the pros and know what they're doing. Apparently.

Maybe there should be a thread for plays and tactics by bhq members. Hopefully it might leak to the actual broncos one day.

Gould's reason for us is that he feels there is something not quite right about the Broncos, it is a gut feel, he's mentioned it a few times throughout the last few weeks when commentating and now it seems to taken him over in his usual tangential ranting manner.
He's not wrong though... For me there is something not clicking. I'm not saying we can't put it all together now and win the comp, just that something is still off.
I do know I would rather play the cows at home and desperate in the week before the finals than a busted arse Titans outfit.
That game the other night should have put our boys back on track defensively.

I want to see Milford carve up the Roosters like he did in the 2015 Prelim in the hope that we see this headline in the papers.

Hungry Milf devours *****.

Holy ****, I just had a heart attack. I thought my browsing history had been leaked for a second.

Anyone watching the roosters? They have been terrible so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Gaz
  • lynx000
  • Behold
  • bert_lifts
  • Mick_Hancock
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • phoenix
  • Purple Pills
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • inwyn
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • Johnny92
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.