PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we run the formations parra run please. They create alot of space on the edges , would be great for roberts, kodi & Milford. Lots of bodies in motion too , would suit our mobile forwards.

Hopefully the Eels grub out against the Storm next week. A Pyrrhic victory for either side would be ideal.

Eels= pretenders.
So much second rate through that side
Edwards, takarangi, vave, Moses,full back and hooker, whatever their names are

Eels= pretenders.
So much second rate through that side
Edwards, takarangi, vave, Moses,full back and hooker, whatever their names are

Us having an dreadful off night made them look like the storm

Gus just said "you can play the game on Anzac parade or wherever the roosters will beat the broncos next week".

**** off Gus you arrogant smug twat

Last edited:
Gus just said "you can play the game on Anzac parade or wherever the roosters will beat the broncos next week".

**** off Gus you twat
Suncorp or that empty stadium the Roosters call home in Sydney, don't matter one bit.
Brisbane will dust Roosters, and easily.

Hope Oates practices his catching. He's been dropping quite a few since he's come back. Ferguson is quite good in the air too.

Suncorp or that empty stadium the Roosters call home in Sydney, don't matter one bit.
Brisbane will dust Roosters, and easily.

I just want Gus the fat piece of shit to eat his own words and have pie all over his face Friday night!!!!

Seems a silly statement by Gus. 50/50 game for mine.

Have we gone mad? Kahu has been terrible at fullback this year. And is now not only injury prone but actually nursing a groin injury which we can't stress further.

KNik has been quite good when filling in a couple of times. Bombs are slight worry but fullback usually isn't too isolated on bombs compared to wingers. Not seeing a huge loss in defence given Boyd's form last few months and much more dangerous in support. Also big plus having Benji start as long as he and Milf are given clear roles. Put 7 on Milfs back and tell him to own it.

More worried about TPJ loss. Maybe start Offa. Arrow to bench.

Btw need to start sending our captains to Cam Smith's law school for dealing with refs.

I think he will be fine there. I worry about Kodi with bombs.

Is this the same gus who tipped the roosters to beat the broncos in the 2015 prelim? And the panthers to win a premiership in 5 years about 10 years ago? And the same one who tipped the blues to dominate Queensland for years to come after the 1st game of this year?

Honestly, between him, matty johns, Tallis, andrew johns, rothfield, hooper, Kent and sterlo I reckon they've tipped 2-3 big games right in the last decade. And every "next big talent" turns into an also ran. I get most of them were good players or coaches but they put no thought into predictions, they just go off the game they are watching now and what they want to happen.

I've said it before but.... Australian rugby league media is at a sad-sad-sad level

Hopefully the Eels grub out against the Storm next week. A Pyrrhic victory for either side would be ideal.
Wow ...a pyrrhic victory ! Liking that fancy smancy english stuff ha ha

I think he will be fine there. I worry about Kodi with bombs.
Kodi is susceptible to dropping them when he actually tries to get to them on the full but he will not commit, if they are bearing down on him he will always go to try to wrap up the catcher, usually with little success. He is definitely a liability under the high ball and will get dozens thrown at him if picked there.

Can we run the formations parra run please. They create alot of space on the edges , would be great for roberts, kodi & Milford. Lots of bodies in motion too , would suit our mobile forwards.

Their first try to Jennings was pretty slick. Imagine if we created gaps and space like that for Roberts.. sweet jebus shut the gate.

We have scored 100 more points and had a much harder draw. I'll take our plays instead thanks very much. Without radradra their attack is not daunting at all, despite what happened with us...

My gut says to rest Boyd and TPJ. Keep the spine as consistent as possible and play Isaako at the back, Benji on the bench again and Arrow in for TPJ. No doubt Isaako is a risk but I'd still prefer a bigger bodied fullback than Niko.

Have only watched a handful of games with Isaako but he impresses me. The difference to starting our sets with an energetic Isaako hitting it up from the back compared to Niko being manhandled could be the difference trying to create momentum.

Even If Isaako can play only as solidly as his first performance in top grade a couple of months back I would be more than confident we can get the result against the Roosters.

Their first try to Jennings was pretty slick. Imagine if we created gaps and space like that for Roberts.. sweet jebus shut the gate.

Would be nice. Love the depth they play with, and all the bodies in motion. It creates options and doubt in the defenders minds .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Behold
  • Sproj
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • MrRobot
  • broncsgoat
  • Kev_Guz
  • bert_lifts
  • Gaz
  • lynx000
  • Mick_Hancock
  • phoenix
  • Purple Pills
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • inwyn
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.