PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NRL is very flexible when it comes to scheduling the games. For instance last year, 5th vs 8th opened the finals series, with the two Qualifying Finals being played on the Saturday.

So wheres it go here, who do we vs next week who has to loose or win for us to vs them?

Moga and Pearson together

clint_ew.gif

So wheres it go here, who do we vs next week who has to loose or win for us to vs them?

If we finish 3rd (most likely scenario), we play the Roosters at their home ground.

If Titans beat the Roosters by not too much, and Eels don't win by much, then we finish 2nd and Roosters 3rd (less likely). We play Roosters at Suncorp.

If Titans beat Roosters by a lot, and Eels beat the Rabbitohs by a lot, we finish 2nd, Eels 3rd, Roosters 4th (very unlikely). We play Eels at Suncorp.

Afterwards, in the most likely scenario, assuming we win, we have a week off for the Semis. Then we'll play most likely play the Eels in the Prelim Final, followed by the Storm in the Grand Final.

1. Isaako/Kahu
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Moga
5. Kahu/Pearson
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Thaiday
9. Hunt
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Marshall
15. Arrow
16. Ofahengaue
17. Ese'ese

I want to keep Marshall out of the halves. Our best chance of winning is if Milford is taking control as he thrives under that. When he isn't the one taking control, he goes into his shell and he is too inconsistent over the 80 minutes when he does that.
Isaako at fullback and that's mine team too if TPJ & Boyd is out. I actually think Boyd will play, TPJ won't...

Moga and Pearson together

clint_ew.gif

Pearson wouldn't actually be on the left. He is just named next to Moga because Roberts prefers the 3 jersey.

Isaako at fullback and that's mine team too if TPJ & Boyd is out. I actually think Boyd will play, TPJ won't...
lol, Issako. Do you really think Bennett would insert a second gamer in a spine position in a playoff game? Name me an instance where he has previously done that.

1. Isaako/Kahu
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Moga
5. Kahu/Pearson
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Thaiday
9. Hunt
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Marshall
15. Arrow
16. Ofahengaue
17. Ese'ese

I want to keep Marshall out of the halves. Our best chance of winning is if Milford is taking control as he thrives under that. When he isn't the one taking control, he goes into his shell and he is too inconsistent over the 80 minutes when he does that.
I'm not completely against the thinking and would like to see isaako get another run... but I'm unsure of his ball playing and I think Bennett will try and get benji into the team and this opens the door.

I just don't think we had any ball but when we did at least benji took a bit of control to get us downfield... I think the management was a bit off all game with our 5th tackle options and knik probably executed the best

Actually **** it kahu to fullback... Wing is another story would love to see isaako there as I think his physicality would make him a great winger he's just not played there enough.

If Boyd and Tevita are injured, we lose.
I'm sure it's not intentional and I mean no offence but I have never seen a positive post from you about your club...

I'm sure it's not intentional and I mean no offence but I have never seen a positive post from you about your club...
I see your point. Maybe i do come across as Mr negative lol but i just hold this team to high expectations and know what they are capable of and some of our losses this season have really disappointed me. I guess also, we tend to comment more when we lose.

lol, Issako. Do you really think Bennett would insert a second gamer in a spine position in a playoff game? Name me an instance where he has previously done that.
What other option do we have? He is safe at fb, knik at halfback helps keep continuity and helps milf shine who is in prime form, having Marshall on the bench is a safety net for the team. If we play niko there what happens if it's not working? Isaako won't play off the bench because it could be a total waste.

And btw, Bennett put Pearson on the wing (just as much pressure with the kicking games of teams these days) on the wing in the finals for his second nrl game in an ELIMINATION final.. so yes, Bennett may do it

Apologies in advance to all you OG posters, but I'll sure as shit be attending the roosters game should it be down here.

The problem with hamstring injuries is that you don't know whether you're coming back too early or not.

You can't really test whether they are 100% until you're under fatigue. So Boyd is taking a huge risk if he plays next week.

What other option do we have? He is safe at fb, knik at halfback helps keep continuity and helps milf shine who is in prime form, having Marshall on the bench is a safety net for the team. If we play niko there what happens if it's not working? Isaako won't play off the bench because it could be a total waste.

And btw, Bennett put Pearson on the wing (just as much pressure with the kicking games of teams these days) on the wing in the finals for his second nrl game in an ELIMINATION final.. so yes, Bennett may do it
He also debuted Alwyn Simpson on the wing in an elimination final in 2007 but that isn't a spine position. Issako won't even be considered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • thenry
  • broncsgoat
  • Santa
  • Rambstien
  • Broncs1459
  • Big Del
  • Wild Horse
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Pablo
  • Mr Fourex
  • The Don
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.