PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
He also debuted Alwyn Simpson on the wing in an elimination final in 2007 but that isn't a spine position. Issako won't even be considered.
I think he will pick knik too because he often just picks his best 17 then finds a spot for them regardless. Isaako isn't a great ball player but he is our 2nd best fullback when you consider what's going to happen in a finals game (kick pressure, last line of defence). But Bennett obviously isn't a fan of his ball playing.
He will be consider... otherwise he would never have played first grade this season at fullback

I think he will pick knik too because he often just picks his best 17 then finds a spot for them regardless. Isaako isn't a great ball player but he is our 2nd best fullback when you consider what's going to happen in a finals game (kick pressure, last line of defence). But Bennett obviously isn't a fan of his ball playing.
I think he will be consider...
I think Issako is a good player and he may play a role in the future but he is just too green to be given that sort of responsibility. I think you're right, it will be 1 Niko 7 Benji. Darbs is long odds on playing next week.

If boyd is out then I would put Benji at the back. Isn't that where he has been playing in the intrust super cup? It would also allow Milford to be the more dominant half as well improve his combo with Niko. I would rest TPJ as he has only come back from a hamstring injury and bring in Arrow.

If boyd is out then I would put Benji at the back. Isn't that where he has been playing in the intrust super cup? It would also allow Milford to be the more dominant half as well improve his combo with Niko. I would rest TPJ as he has only come back from a hamstring injury and bring in Arrow.

I dunno about in defense but in attack he could be a gun at fb.

He can play the sweep as good as anyone and I don't think he will stutter everytime he gets it out the back and kill the play

He would also sniff around the ruck for half chances - it's been a while since we had someone do that..

If he had any notions about playing Benji at FB, he would have made the straight swap at HT rather than disrupting the halves. He only played 3 ISC games anyways and whilst he starred in that role in a second tier comp, he is much more suited in the halves at the top level.

The result isn't a huge deal, provided we play good footy.

Home final in week two if we don't get up.

1. Kahu
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Moga
5. Pearson
6. Milford
7. Nikorima
8. Thaiday
9. Hunt
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Marshall
15. Arrow
16. Ofahengaue
17. Ese'ese

lol, Issako. Do you really think Bennett would insert a second gamer in a spine position in a playoff game? Name me an instance where he has previously done that.

absolutely agree.

Should Boyd be out he'll either go with Kahu or Nikorima

For me, Kahu has to be fullback. My worry is wing. Mead im not convinced by, and while i do rate Pearson, who i think is getting a lot of undeserved stick mainly based on his show against the eels, im not convinced he will have the confidence in his own game currently. That really only leaves us with Issako and Opacic as other options. I think Issako is probably better suited to wing out of the two of them, but id be worried about his defence against tupou, and despite Opacic playing a fair bit of wing in the 20's, and he does know how to get the ball over the try line, i dont think he is quite fast enough.

The ice queen should get first crack assuming he remembers his boots this time

KNik should be fullback if Boyd is out, he has a bit of experience there, allows us to play Marshall in the halves as well and I don't believe Milf went into his shell so much as he didn't really have any opportunities last night in the second half, I hope so anyway. This is one part of his combo with KNik that is often overlooked, the fact KNik frees up Milf to be what Milf can be and look at the results of how good that is.

I have a feeling you will see the EXACT same side out there next week as last night.

while i do rate Pearson, who i think is getting a lot of undeserved stick mainly based on his show against the eels, im not convinced he will have the confidence in his own game currently.
He no doubt has potential, but he's been awful in first grade this year. Absolute howler his last game, game before that he couldn't stay on his feet for more than 2 steps. His confidence is shot, he will be a liability. Needs the off-season to get his head right and maybe come back more composed.

Same for a normally super-reliable Mead. I don't think either of them are handling the pressure that comes with being a Bronco. I certainly couldn't. I mean, I have no ability whatsoever either, but if I did - I'd still be rubbish under the pressure.

Reactions: Dee
Pearson didn't have the best game against Canterbury either. The only contribution I can recall is bombing a sitter of a try.

1. Kodi Nikorima
6. Anthony Milford
7. Benji Marshall
9. Ben Hunt

14. Jai Arrow

Makes all the sense in the world to me. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that and Darius Boyd can allow Brisbane to retain their combinations but it wouldn't be the end of the world either if that's the way the Broncos had to line up.

If Pangai Jr is also out, then Su'A claims the vacant bench spot.

- Nikorima is to small for fullback, Pearce will target him all day long.
- Benji in the halves, means Milford goes missing
- Milford thrives with Nikorima in the halves
- Kahu is safe and has a passing game he will serve fullback and has done it before.

If we signed Greg Eastwood again we could play him on the wing - he played well there against the Warriors at a pinch. Setup the winning, length of the field try if I remember correctly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Mr Fourex
  • Hurrijo
  • thenry
  • Santa
  • Rambstien
  • Broncs1459
  • Big Del
  • Wild Horse
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Pablo
  • The Don
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.