PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kahu has been awful anytime he's played fullback this season.

I don't think he's capable of playing there unless he trains for it like he did in the lead up to the 2015 season. It's just too much of a transition for his body to handle.

- Nikorima is to small for fullback, Pearce will target him all day long.
- Benji in the halves, means Milford goes missing
- Milford thrives with Nikorima in the halves
- Kahu is safe and has a passing game he will serve fullback and has done it before.

Who fills in the wing spot? Mead can't hack first grade. Pearson didn't make the most of his chances either. And both of them would be marking up against tupou? That's scarier than niko catching bombs at fb.

Who fills in the wing spot? Mead can't hack first grade. Pearson didn't make the most of his chances either. And both of them would be marking up against tupou? That's scarier than niko catching bombs at fb.
I'd put Pearson there, the kid one bad game. Broncoshq just made him a scapegoat that's all.

And both of them would be marking up against tupou?

Ferguson.

Tupou plays on the other side of the field and is out for the season.

EDIT: Um, actually my mistake! Pearson would be partnered with Roberts, meaning he'd be marking Mitchell. I was just so used to seeing Pearson play on the left, carry on.

Last edited:
Splitting hairs.
The point still stands - he hasn't had a good game in first grade in 2017.

He has been fine in his other games apart from the eels one, and he has been good in ISC

Ferguson.

Tupou plays on the other side of the field and is out for the season.

EDIT: Um, actually my mistake! Pearson would be partnered with Roberts, meaning he'd be marking Mitchell. I was just so used to seeing Pearson play on the left, carry on.

I didnt realise Tupou was out. Mitchell isnt playing wing is he?

If Marshall makes Milford go missing, then the problem is Milford and he needs to harden the **** up. I'd def go with Kodi at fullback if Boyd is out. I thought we looked a lot more sturctured with Marshall in the halves too in the limited time we had the ball.

He has been fine in his other games apart from the eels one, and he has been good in ISC
I'm sorry, but I disagree.
I can't comment on his ISC form - but that's not what is being discussed, so it's not really relevant.

Mitchell isnt playing wing is he?
Yep, has been for the past couple of weeks.

He loves backing himself down the sideline, hopefully we can lure him out there and push him over.

I'm sorry, but I disagree.
I can't comment on his ISC form - but that's not what is being discussed, so it's not really relevant.

I dont get why people apologise when they disagree, you arent sorry at all!:biggrin:

His form for Redcliffe would be relevant. If he wasnt playing well for them, he wouldnt have got a look in for us.

I dont get why people apologise when they disagree, you arent sorry at all!:biggrin:

His form for Redcliffe would be relevant. If he wasnt playing well for them, he wouldnt have got a look in for us.
Damn you and your mystic powers; you saw straight through my insincere apology!

I didnt realise Tupou was out. Mitchell isnt playing wing is he?

He is playing wing with Matterson at centre.

It hasn't really been a success, Matterson being the main reason for that as he isn't used to playing centre.

But Tupou is expected back for this game.

So when are we likely to get an update on the Boyd and Pangi injuries??

So when are we likely to get an update on the Boyd and Pangi injuries??
James Hooper on FoxSports reckons neither will play next week.

Both have grade 1 hamstring strains... no tears.

I'd put Pearson there, the kid one bad game. Broncoshq just made him a scapegoat that's all.

Wasn't just one bad game. And the skates game was unforgivable for a professional. Incompetence and outright stupidity which can't risk right now. Not to play again this season. Looks like a natural winger so hope he wishes up and comes good next year.

For me, Kahu has to be fullback. My worry is wing. Mead im not convinced by, and while i do rate Pearson, who i think is getting a lot of undeserved stick mainly based on his show against the eels, im not convinced he will have the confidence in his own game currently. That really only leaves us with Issako and Opacic as other options. I think Issako is probably better suited to wing out of the two of them, but id be worried about his defence against tupou, and despite Opacic playing a fair bit of wing in the 20's, and he does know how to get the ball over the try line, i dont think he is quite fast enough.

Have we gone mad? Kahu has been terrible at fullback this year. And is now not only injury prone but actually nursing a groin injury which we can't stress further.

KNik has been quite good when filling in a couple of times. Bombs are slight worry but fullback usually isn't too isolated on bombs compared to wingers. Not seeing a huge loss in defence given Boyd's form last few months and much more dangerous in support. Also big plus having Benji start as long as he and Milf are given clear roles. Put 7 on Milfs back and tell him to own it.

More worried about TPJ loss. Maybe start Offa. Arrow to bench.

Btw need to start sending our captains to Cam Smith's law school for dealing with refs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • thenry
  • bert_lifts
  • Hurrijo
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Santa
  • Rambstien
  • Broncs1459
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.