PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sydney will likely welcome back Tupou, Napa and Guerra for this clash.

Signs are looking good early for Sydney.

Our best is better than the Roosters best.

Easily so because our best is comfortably better than everyone else's best except Melbourne. The problem is, the difference between our best and worst is bigger than anyone else left in the comp.

Not going to lie - Boyd is a huge loss.

Jimmy Smith on Triple M,
"Does anyone else think it's fair that Broncos get an eight day turnaround and Roosters only get six?"

Winner gets the week off. Loser plays winner of manly and Penrith!

Jimmy Smith on Triple M,
"Does anyone else think it's fair that Broncos get an eight day turnaround and Roosters only get six?"
Because everyone totally knew it would be Roosters vs Broncos in week 1 of the finals when the "draw" was finalised.... As a side note does anyone think it's fair that Roosters played at home this week while we travelled to Townsville? Now we travel again while they stay at home. Totally unfair.

Does anyone else think it's fair that Jimmy Smith is employed when a pot plant would provide a more valuable contribution?

I actually value Smith's opinion but this cracked me up.

When it comes to the Roosters, you can take his opinion with a grain of salt.

Su'a and arrow the likely additions with benji to halfback?

That 100k purchase of benji has suddenly become a master stroke from old Wayne!

I would put Nikorima at the back, and Arrow in for TPJ. Whether he goes on the bench, I'm not sure. I would consider starting McGuire in the 8, Arrow back to lock, and Thaiday on the bench. The rotation of Thaiday, Ese'Ese and Ofahengaue isn't losing much to what we've had at full strength.

Nikorima at FB is literally my only concern going into this game. I'm strangely confident about it considering our injuries

Would absolutely love Benji the 100k player to tear it up

Nikorima at FB is literally my only concern going into this game. I'm strangely confident about it considering our injuries
Niko is a much better FB than HB IMO. He played in that position for the majority of his NYC career. The open spaces suit his running game and whilst he won't play the same sort of role that Darbs does, he does pose a lethal threat at the back. As far as bombs go, he can defuse them as well as anyone. Target him at their peril, he won't let anyone down. I certainly don't rate him as a HB but he will certainly do the job in his inherited position.

My only concern with Niko at the back is that he isn't a good leaper. If they get him one-on-one with Mitchell, Tupou or Ferguson, he will come off second best.

Apart from that, with the extra room to move he could be more lethal with his running game.

You know the worst thing about the Tetevano charge?

If that Titans player doesn't go off, or he goes off for a HIA and passes, Tetevano plays this week.

Why should injury determine the severity of the charge? The worst case scenario should always be taken into consideration.

Was it dangerous regardless of whether the player gets knocked out or not? Yes it was. It was a shoulder to the fucking head.

How about this one boys

Put 20 bucks down on:

Brissy 1 to 12
Manly 13+
Sharks 1 to 12
Melbourne 1 to 12

2 grand payout

I think you will lose on Storm and Sharks.

Eels aren't going to trouble Melbourne in the least and at their home ground with what they have to play for and take into consideration that the Eels win against the Broncos overshadowed the big flaws in their game and made them look better than what they were, it should be a pretty comfortable win for Melbourne.

As for Cowboys, it seems to me they will go out like the Broncos in 2007. Perhaps not the same scoreline, but close to a big one. Cowboys were getting by on effort alone, to keep their finals streak alive. I have serious doubts about whether they will put in as much as they have been for the past month or so. They are on their last legs, they have made the finals, not much else to play for. They know they are no chance of a premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kman
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Hurrijo
  • winslow_wong
  • Lurker
  • johnny plath
  • YeahNahMate
  • barker
  • Financeguy
  • BruiserMk1
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • mitch222
  • Rookie Alan
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Redfern_1980
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.