POST GAME Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

Yeah, but he also has questionable decision making at times. Things could go terribly wrong.

Fair point for sure, hence having Allan waiting in the wings. But if it worked, IF it worked, just imagine how good he would be!

Not really the thread but who cares, next year for round 1, I'd seriously be going with:

1. Roberts
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Boyd
5. Kahu
6. Milf
7. KNik
8. Joffa
9. Thaiday (Remember, Macca will most likely be a few weeks out)
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. TPJ

14. JNik (with question marks on how long Macca is out, I actually think we NEED to sign JNik)
15. Fai
16. Lodge
17. Su'a

18. Allan (He'll get his chance, particularly if Roberts doesn't work out at FB)

I'm actually gonna miss seeing ben hunt on the team sheets. It really hit home just then seeing you name Thaiday at 9.

I'm actually gonna miss seeing ben hunt on the team sheets. It really hit home just then seeing you name Thaiday at 9.

You aren't wrong. For all his faults, no one can ever doubt his effort or commitment to the jumper, he gave 100% every single game.

Take the 1, 9 & 8 out of any team and they will struggle. It's a shame that our depth to cover fullback is in the halves, hopefully we won't mess with that again and will start Isaako at fullback. Mead in defence is what lead to our disastrous start, if we must move Kodi to fullback at least play him there for the 80 because he has the confidence to direct the boys.

Injuries have really killed our season when it boils down to it.

Just had a look at the replay.

I don't see anything in the 8th minute. He knocks Napa after he passes the football but there was no incident with Friend.

It was in the 7th minute when Broncos cleaned up the grubber from Pearce after Keary made the break.

Hunt had the ball and Friend was coming across, Blair sneakily stuck the foot out to trip him.

Blairtrip

With the screenshot, people could make an argument he wasn't tripping him. I just haven't got around to posting a video. When you do watch it on video, it's pretty undeniable that's what Blair was doing.

This is footage of the Blair incident.

I think the MRC got this one right.

giphy.gif

So he should be making the tackles the front miss. Good to know
Of course not, but one of the important fullback's jobs, especially at the Broncos, is to organise the defense, and ensure the line as a whole is positioned properly.

While we did have individuals missing tackles, the major flaw in our start was the positioning of the team as a whole, with holes opening everywhere, causing players to try to cover those holes with arm grabs, which almost always result in missed tackles.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.