POST GAME Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

We aren't good enough. Roosters aren't good enough. It's a Parra/Storm year. Seriously though if we are to be any chance it's better we lost, we need the extra game to try and build momentum. Just so disappointed with the completion like in the Parra game. No second half penalties for us but that's finals footy. Also pretty pissed we get called up for one slightly forward and one backwards pass but Friend gets away with over half a dozen from dummy-half. I think the better team won.....just.

**** it, we didn't deserve to be in it until the very end but only lost by 2. Hopefully, no injuries out of the game and Boyd and co are back next week. We'll beat whoever we play in the semi's.

Cannot wait to not see Marshall next week. 270+ NRL games 32 years of age down two points you put in 3 stupid kicks early in sets in attacking position. Moga needs to **** off.. if Reed doesn't come out of retirement we won't win a premiership with the left side defence. Storm will tear us to shreds.

We are 11-1 with knik starting at 7 and 5-8 when he doesn't.

He lets milf play his natural game, brings roberts into the game with good quick early ball.

Meanwhile bunj with bone headed knock ons and stupid penalties. Mead wtf? Milf in a shell. Hunt only opening up late in the game.

START YOUR BEST FUCKING PLAYERS, BENNETT

Refs gave us nothing, rooters got away with everything (tunnel balllll).

And I call pitch doctoring, the grass was a foot long which would suit taller players, which they had all over us.

The Broncos just had far too many disruptions leading into the contest and you could tell they were shot to ribbons. You can't have an edge of Milford and Marshall and expect both sides to hold up defensively. In truth Sydney should have won by more but through their own inability and some desperate defence from the Broncos they only managed to win in the dying minutes.

It was a mixed performance and while I was disappointed with the errors from our senior players there were some great performances out there. Josh McGuire was outstanding tonight and in a side that was beaten physically he kept us in it.. 15 runs, 34 tackles, 0 mistakes, 0 missed tackles it was great.

And really I can't fault the effort from the boys. They should have been flogged tonight and they just about stole a victory.

We are 11-1 with knik starting at 7 and 5-8 when he doesn't.

He lets milf play his natural game, brings roberts into the game with good quick early ball.

Meanwhile bunj with bone headed knock ons and stupid penalties. Mead wtf? Milf in a shell. Hunt only opening up late in the game.

START YOUR BEST FUCKING PLAYERS, BENNETT
Mead was pretty good at the start of the game. I think that Mead starting at fullback was actually always going to happen.

Marshall should do counting practice this week
That was embarrassing from our senior half that is supposed to have all the experience

**** it, we didn't deserve to be in it until the very end but only lost by 2. Hopefully, no injuries out of the game and Boyd and co are back next week. We'll beat whoever we play in the semi's.

We can't really use the only lost by x amount cover up anymore. We're not going for for and against. Giving them a 14 point head start in a finals game is so poor. Gotta be switched on from the start.

I don't mind that loss as much as what I thought I would. I didn't expect us to win, still hoped though. Still roosters don't scare me in the slightest. Our top game destroys theirs. People were saying benji needed to start ahead of knik but tonight showed he isn't an 80 minute player anymore. The fact we got beat by 2 with a terrible first 40, soft penalties and with 2 of our vital players to come back shows we can win this (and the roosters can't). Blair needs to be benched though. His first stints are terrible 9 times out of 10, his 2nd stints aren't bad normally. I would start ofa or ese ese with Thaiday. Moga will get targeted now and he has had a whole season to fix his deficiencies so I don't see him fixing them now, problem is, it's too late to change him now.

One of the worst games of football I've seen this club play. The worst finals game I've seen us play. Pathetic. Insipid. Disgraceful.

worse than week one of 2007 when we were demolished 40-0 by the Storm?

Glad we lost as I felt if we won and got the week off then we would just fall apart in the next game. At least by playing the next game, it will improve combinations.

That defence on Mitchell was disgraceful. He had no business getting through immediately after we score points

We will win next week with Boyd in the team, and Nikorima at halfback.

I don't want to offend Nigel Vagana here but our islander boys were playing like they were wearing Warriors jerseys tonight. Pitiful efforts from blokes like Milford, Blair, Moga and Ese'ese.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • bb_gun
  • Hurrijo
  • Skyblues87
  • Astro
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncoFan94
  • Howie
  • cento
  • Kev_Guz
  • Robboi_321
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Santa
  • mystico
  • heartly87
  • Dee
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.