Finals Week 1

Morgan will rightly get all the accolades, but -

-Taumalolo - 22 hit ups, 256m, 37 tackles. No missed tackles. And the monster of all tries to get them back in it.

Performance of the season, given the match it was.

Hard to underrate a current Dally M player of the year, but the guy is another level.

And by that stage Bolton had already infringed.

What are you unclear about?
You're allowed to have your hand on the ball when you tackle them (how else would you stop an offload?). They generally only penalise for it when it's a second motion to move onto the ball after the tackle is completed. Not sure what the case was in that tackle, but personally I'd rather err on the side of rewarding ball security.

-Taumalolo - 22 hit ups, 256m, 37 tackles. No missed tackles. And the monster of all tries to get them back in it.

Hard to underrate a current Dally M player of the year, but the guy is another level.

There's so many great lock forwards in the game - McGuire, Gal, Trbojevic, Finucane, Brown, Merrin, de Belin, Burgess, Mannering, Taukeiaho....

...and he's clear level above all of them. He's a genuine superstar of the game, easily Top 5 right now.

Sweet jebus 256m... 37 tackles.. that's better than the whole broncos pack combined.

Yes I'm exaggerating but still what an animal.

There was a period there when the Cowboys equalized that they couldn't get out of their end.

Then comes in Taumalolo. He was massive for them in those crucial stages with those big runs. Especially after the field goal when his runs allowed the Cowboys to get in good field position to put a good kick in and keep the Sharks away from field goal range. If only the defence was a little better on the edges.

But if the Cowboys didn't have him, they lose.

Michael Morgan will be the first immortal of park football, no doubt.

We probably need a Taumalolo appreciation thread - getting a bit out of hand.

No, he consistently performs like that, so he is a beast and deserves all the hype. Just imagine if they played him at second row and ran him exclusively on he fringes at the halves, that's even scarier.

We probably need a Taumalolo appreciation thread - getting a bit out of hand.

No, he consistently performs like that, so he is a beast and deserves all the hype. Just imagine if they played him at second row and ran him exclusively on he fringes at the halves, that's even scarier.

Originally that was how he was brought into grade but he just didn't have enough speed to get over the advantage line. It wasn't until Green moved him into the middle in 2014 that he found his feet.

I do think they should mix it up with him at times but they've got an embarrassment of riches, especially with Coen Hess coming through.

Originally that was how he was brought into grade but he just didn't have enough speed to get over the advantage line. It wasn't until Green moved him into the middle in 2014 that he found his feet.

I do think they should mix it up with him at times but they've got an embarrassment of riches, especially with Coen Hess coming through.

Throw in Scott returning next year and McLean going there as well, they are even SCARIER next year, not to mention they will be hellbent on sending JT out a winner. They will rightly be overwhelming favourites next year.

QLD has some absolute gun young halves with huge potential coming through in Milford, Taylor, Croft, Morgan and Munster. Who does NSW have besides Cleary and Moses? Moses gets more ball suckage than anyone and he's pobably worse than all the others mentioned.

Come on Dex, not even his biggest fan could have predicted he was capable of this.

I never made any predictions but I have always rated him far higher than some. He is my type of player, not the most talented but squeezes the most from what he has plus he is not a grub or sore loser.

HOW THE F****ING F**K DID TIM GLASBY NOT GET CHARGED FOR HIS CHICKEN WING!! For Christ sake he ripped the poor blokes bloody arm off!

Trying to find a video of it but I can't. It's a deadset rort that he wasn't charged. Does anyone have video of the Blair "trip"

Trying to find a video of it but I can't. It's a deadset rort that he wasn't charged. Does anyone have video of the Blair "trip"

I looked through the 8th minute and cannot find an instance where the offence could have even been possible.

The worst offence Blair committed in that period was taking Napa out late after the pass.

Unread

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Galah
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • bazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.