Finals Week 1

dude at least we made a game of it. The last time your team made the finals they were flogged 58-0 remember. :rofl :rofl

So much salt starting to come from Donkeys supporters that we even made it to the 8 - the same salt the Cowboys had to cop when they started getting a few up on ya over the past 7 or so years. Talk about entitled.
Look at the Tits getting al high and mighty due to their “1 in a row” finals appearance...

Lol. Club is a joke and always has been. Bring back the Chargers I say…

I know it matters for nothing but I feel like we would've won against either the Roosters or Parra, both teams were very ordinary I thought

It was being discussed the other week, the Titans don't really know how to use Fifita.

All of his tries are efforts where he knocks a couple blokes out of the way and his power gets it done, that's got to be a coaching thing. Any decent half would be trying to get him 1 on 1 with a smaller bloke.

Whatever they paid for him, they haven't made it worth while. Despite all the tries he has scored. Origin for example, was he even out there? He turns up in good ball area and you can't find him when his team needs a tough carry.

It was being discussed the other week, the Titans don't really know how to use Fifita.

All of his tries are efforts where he knocks a couple blokes out of the way and his power gets it done, that's got to be a coaching thing. Any decent half would be trying to get him 1 on 1 with a smaller bloke.

Whatever they paid for him, they haven't made it worth while. Despite all the tries he has scored. Origin for example, was he even out there? He turns up in good ball area and you can't find him when his team needs a tough carry.

It's almost like they paid massive money for a weapon but didn't have any money left in the cap to operate it. I'm shocked, that's not like the Titans at all.

The NRL have scheduled Melbourne’s prelim to clash with the AFL 2 Melbourne teams grand final. lolol.

The Simpsons Flute GIF

They love to shoot themselves in the foot don't they.

Rothfield reporting that after two weeks of insisting this game would go ahead as scheduled, the NRL have now shifted Melbourne's prelim to 4pm on Saturday, September 25

Annesley has claimed that Sam Walker's field go was legit because JWH and Radley weren't side-by-side next to the play the ball, therefore no block occurred. despite this image JWH and Radley are circled (Tedesco played the ball)

6f2c7cc1fe88fb218dc613aab130ea50

The NRL’s interpretation of the rule is: “If two or more players form a wall (side by side) next to the play-the-ball and don’t allow the opportunity for a defending player to move directly towards the player in possession, the referee will penalise for obstruction”.

Not that I particularly give a shit, since I can't stand either team ... but i will continue to laugh at Annesley clutching at straws when backing the refs "mistakes"

in fact I actually hope a major ref **** up decides the GF (preferably costing the Storm another premiership)

Annesley has claimed that Sam Walker's field go was legit because JWH and Radley weren't side-by-side next to the play the ball, therefore no block occurred. despite this image JWH and Radley are circled (Tedesco played the ball)

View attachment 15171

The NRL’s interpretation of the rule is: “If two or more players form a wall (side by side) next to the play-the-ball and don’t allow the opportunity for a defending player to move directly towards the player in possession, the referee will penalise for obstruction”.

Not that I particularly give a shit, since I can't stand either team ... but i will continue to laugh at Annesley clutching at straws when backing the refs "mistakes"

in fact I actually hope a major ref **** up decides the GF (preferably costing the Storm another premiership)
What do you mean, this is perfectly legitimate, no player is in possession of the ball therefore the defending player is completely unobstructed. He shouldn't be trying to run through the two players standing side by side who are clearly bigger than him, how silly.

People will grasp at any straws, won't they, just like the white man's third brown hand in a Broncos game in the not too distant past.

We need a sarcasm font...

View attachment 15171

You just know that the refs are gonna stuff up in favour of the storm right. 😤

View attachment 15171

Taking the absolute piss. These are the morons that are running the fucking game.

View attachment 15171

When they refer to a wall, they are talking about two or more players standing side by side with no gap in between them, hence the term wall, denying the defender a path to the kicker.

This picture doesn't show that. It shows two players standing to the side of the play the ball with a gap in between them big enough for a defender to run through. Which isn't illegal. That much has been made clear multiple times over the years.

Rein wasn't denied the opportunity to get to Walker. Verrills already had the ball in his hand and starting to pass before Rein even started taking off.

Notice how none of the Titans players were blowing up about it?

The people that think this is a penalty are clutching at straws and need a lesson in the rules of the game.

What the NRL need to do is update the rule to include a scenario like this and start penalizing that, as well. But at this current time, what they did is not illegal.

View attachment 15171

That's a joke

Now every team will set up a block with not enough of a gap for a player to get through without having to step one way or another which obviously will slow down the time in which they can make a play on the kick

Rein was denied a direct path and if he had have taken a dive he would have got the penalty.

He was denied a direct path because of JWH but not because of both JWH and Radley, that's the important part here. Being denied a direct path because of a single player is not a penalty under the current interpretation of the rule.

When they refer to a wall, they are talking about two or more players standing side by side with no gap in between them, hence the term wall, denying the defender a path to the kicker.

This picture doesn't show that. It shows two players standing to the side of the play the ball with a gap in between them big enough for a defender to run through. Which isn't illegal. That much has been made clear multiple times over the years.

Rein wasn't denied the opportunity to get to Walker. Verrills already had the ball in his hand and starting to pass before Rein even started taking off.

Notice how none of the Titans players were blowing up about it?

The people that think this is a penalty are clutching at straws and need a lesson in the rules of the game.

What the NRL need to do is update the rule to include a scenario like this and start penalizing that, as well. But at this current time, what they did is not illegal.
So because they weren't touching each other it's not side-by-side? There wasn't enough room for a person to run between them without having to push through, thus slowing him down and preventing any chance he had to stop the field goal.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mister Wright
  • Fitzy
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.