10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I want to kick Bennett in the face for this monstrosity of a choice.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
As we saw last week, this is far from the final squad.

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
I hope your right and mass changes happening with Boyd, TPJ and Thiday to bench.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
You can add Mead to the list of awesomest Broncos of all time: Stu Kelly, Scott Minto, Steve Michaels, David Mead, Lachlan Maranta - he fits right in - what a back line!

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
You can add Mead to the list of awesomest Broncos of all time: Stu Kelly, Scott Minto, Steve Michaels, David Mead, Lachlan Maranta - he fits right in - what a back line!

Pearson is on that extended bench

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

You fuckin wot m8?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24139-1403041287-39.gif

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
There's no way Moylan can play now is there? I heard on a radio news bulletin that he hadn't been named, but he could still come into the side at some stage.....I thought that if they aren't in the 21, they can't play.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
There's no way Moylan can play now is there? I heard on a radio news bulletin that he hadn't been named, but he could still come into the side at some stage.....I thought that if they aren't in the 21, they can't play.

Need nrls approval if they were to try but only incase of an injury

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Need nrls approval if they were to try but only incase of an injury
I believe it also needs to be a player that isn't typically carried on the bench ie halfback, 5/8, fullback, etc.

So you can't lose a prop to "injury" and bring in a fullback who has suddenly recovered from an injury they still had 2 days ago

K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
If he's not named in the 21 man squad he can't play.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Matt Moylan could play.

It would require him getting dispensation from the NRL to be allowed to play. Usually the NRL reject it, but they have allowed just one club to bring in a player outside the 21. That was Cowboys in Round 23 after Te Maire Martin went down and the Cowboys replaced him with Kyle Laybutt, despite having cover for Te Maire Martin in the 21.

Considering Moylan is a star player and it's a finals game, the NRL could just be more willing to allow the Panthers to bring him in.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
59afae0dc2933 4079328 rl broncos 16 9 12614460

Wayne Bennett says he won’t pressure Darius Boyd to play injured

Tue 12 September, 2017

BRONCOS coach Wayne Bennett insists he won’t pressure Darius Boyd to play injured as the champion fullback races the clock to be fit for Friday night’s sudden-death final against Penrith.

Bennett admits he is not “overly confident” of having the services of Boyd, who was left out of the top 17, named on an extended bench for the knockout affair at Suncorp Stadium.

Pint-sized utility Kodi Nikorima was named at fullback, with Benji Marshall retaining the No. 7 jumper despite his erratic display in last week’s 24-22 finals loss to the Roosters.

But the Broncos received a ray of hope when their star skipper trained well, running with conviction for the first time since tweaking his hamstring against the Cowboys 13 days ago.

Boyd completed a series of sprints with forward Tevita Pangai Junior, who is also battling a hamstring problem, before defusing some high kicks in the most promising sign yet he will face the Panthers.

But Bennett was cautious on Tuesday night, saying Brisbane’s doctors will have the final say on whether Boyd returns to face Anthony Griffin’s Panthers at Suncorp Stadium.

D-Day for Boyd arrives tomorrow (Thursday), when Bennett asks the Maroons ace to complete a full session at the captain’s run that will emphatically determine whether he gets the green light.

“I’m confident, but not overly confident,” Bennett said.

“I’m sitting on the fence at the moment, although his progress has been good.

“I would love to have him back and if there is some risk involved and it’s minimal, then I will take that risk. But if it’s a stupid risk, I won’t take it.

“Darius hasn’t told me he is ready to play, but he hasn’t said he isn’t ready to play.

“I just don’t want to put pressure on Darius. If he’s not fit, I am not going to play him.”

Boyd has had an injection on his hamstring to expedite his recovery and Bennett admits the next 24 hours are crucial.

“It’s hard to put a percentage figure on it, but the doctors here are very good and I will listen to them,” he said.

“He has progressed quite well. I honestly can’t say today if he will play. We still have a few days to go and it will become more clearer at the captain’s run.

“He has to get through the ball work session on Thursday ... if he can’t do that then he won’t play.”

On Pangai Junior, Bennett added: “At this stage, Tevita is a chance of playing.”

Veteran forward Sam Thaiday said Boyd was having the around-the-clock treatment in a bid to take his place in the back field.
“The physios have been doing everything they can,” he said.

“Darius has been icing and in the physio room a fair bit.

“We can only prepare with what we’ve got at the moment.

“Darren Lockyer fractured his eye socket (in 2011) and we really missed him in that last final.

“At the moment Kodi Nikorima is playing fullback and Benji Marshall is playing halfback.”

Source: Courier Mail

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
So griffinator trying to mind game the mind game master

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
Lets pray to god he gets better in the next 24hrs for Fridays big game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Robboi_321
  • BroncosAlways
  • Swordfish
  • Redfern_1980
  • davidp
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Seibs
  • sooticus
  • teampjta
  • Spooky1013
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.