10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
If Boyd is right to play, will Niko go to Halfback and Benji to bench?

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
Yes, he will.

Word is Niko is playing halfback regardless. Marshall to the bench.

Thank god for that. Milford will hopefully come out of his shell again and play like he did first half of Broncos vs Cowboys.

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
The only concern with kahu to fb is his groin

Better off having isaako back there or mead which isnt really good

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
The only concern with kahu to fb is his groin

Better off having isaako back there or mead which isnt really good

Hasn't isaako mad monday'd already with his qcup side?

I reckon Wayne should have been unloading his wrath every week since that dragons game. Some of the guys have been taking the piss since the titans flogging.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Isaako is still training with the Broncos, he was a reserve last week.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the arrangement is that the reserves train all week with the Broncos until the squad is finalised and they all go their separate ways?

Donald Garner

Donald Garner

NRL Player
Feb 5, 2017
Big question for me is does Kahu play fullback with Nikorima playing halfback or does Mead play fullback.

Don't get me wrong I've been hating on Mead all year because of his dismal performances but I was impressed with his 20mins on Friday. We were getting belted and he defended well and most of all he ran it back like a freight train and tried to get out sets off to a good start. If Boyd doesn't play and Kahu's groin is 100% then give it to Mead. I think he showed enough in that position on Friday night!!

You could tell he was trying to make a statement out there and it worked if you ask me!

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Big question for me is does Kahu play fullback with Nikorima playing halfback or does Mead play fullback.
You could tell he was trying to make a statement out there and it worked if you ask me!

Yes and no. He was probably well aware he would only be playing 20 minutes so probably left it all out there.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
We were getting belted and he defended well

His positioning for the Cordner try was abysmal. If his positioning was better, he might have been able to slow him down enough for Oates to come in and stop him.

This is the problem with having players at fullback that aren't regular fullbacks. We need one there.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
The Cordner one is all Blair. I'm not sure how Boyd being there would have stopped it.
For some reason Mead was crawling towards Cordner after he made the break.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Like Nikorima's effort was any better on Mitchell

Nikorima slipped and wasn't able to get back to his feet in time.

Mead was just miles out of position and didn't make any effort to come across until Cordner was already running towards the line.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Nikorima slipped and wasn't able to get back to his feet in time.

Mead was just miles out of position and didn't make any effort to come across until Cordner was already running towards the line.
Well why did he slip then? If Nikorima was in the right position he wouldn't have slipped. You don't just slip over for no reason.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Mead was definitely at fault when Issac Liu side stepped him and nearly scored. Fortunately Blair made his first tackle of the night to stop it. Blair was at fault for the 2nd Cordner try. Can't blame Moga for Keary giving Milford a bath. And it was Roberts and Kodi's fault with the Mitchell try. It was Kodi who was crawling towards Mitchell, not Mead towards Cordner. My bad.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Well why did he slip then? If Nikorima was in the right position he wouldn't have slipped. You don't just slip over for no reason.

Nikorima's positioning for that particular play was fine.

The ball was moving to the left, so he has come across. Once the Roosters changed the direction of attack, Niko responded to it but he slipped. The grounds in Sydney have a lot of dew on them, which can make them slippery. Sometimes you don't slip, sometimes you do. He couldn't get to his feet in time so he has tried to ankle tap Mitchell.

Niko could have done better.

But Mead? What the **** was he doing? Where was he? He likely wouldn't have stopped the try by himself, but he could have slowed him down enough for others to come in to make an attempt at tackle. Glenn was close by, Oates was rushing across. His positioning on that particular play was rubbish.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Nikorima's positioning for that particular play was fine.

The ball was moving to the left, so he has come across. Once the Roosters changed the direction of attack, Niko responded to it but he slipped. The grounds in Sydney have a lot of dew on them, which can make them slippery. Sometimes you don't slip, sometimes you do. He couldn't get to his feet in time so he has tried to ankle tap Mitchell.

Niko could have done better.

But Mead? What the **** was he doing? Where was he? He likely wouldn't have stopped the try by himself, but he could have slowed him down enough for others to come in to make an attempt at tackle. Glenn was close by, Oates was rushing across. His positioning on that particular play was rubbish.
Well that at leasts explains why he slipped over.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Wouldn't have mattered anyways. He would have run over little Niko.
Well at the least Niko would've slowed him down for support to catch up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • davidp
  • Galco
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
  • Footy Fanatic
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.