Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
I reckon he had 1 more
At least 2 the dude was the best five eighth in the NRL when retiring. Like Thurston when he retires end of next year, he will also retire as best 7. I think playing in the halves is a maturity 30+ is when they start to hit there peak but physically it gets tough on them.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
At least 2 the dude was the best five eighth in the NRL when retiring. Like Thurston when he retires end of next year, he will also retire as best 7. I think playing in the halves is a maturity 30+ is when they start to hit there peak but physically it gets tough on them.

Locky just had nothing left in the legs. Plus with the unplanned cheekbone fracture that meant rehab + another preseason had he not already announced his retirement.

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
Boyd has to play simple as that. Is Tevita back or is he going to be a pussy as well?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Boyd has to play simple as that. Is Tevita back or is he going to be a pussy as well?

If Boyd's hammy is still injured he will be a massive liability out there and will do us more harm than good

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
Try playing with a fucked hammy dude. Actually just try walking properly
It's 3 week injury, by the time this weeks game comes around it'll be 2.5 weeks. He should be able to play.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I actually think Boyd should play left centre for this game or come off the bench like tupou did against us. Just knowing he's there will help the team mentally but I don't think he will play great, he always takes a little while after injuries to get back into the rhythm of his game due to the style he plays. Him at left centre would decrease his fatigue (fatigue would increase the risk of re-injuring the hammy)

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
If Boyds not 100% no way he plays. If we beat the Panthers we'll definitely need him for Melbourne.

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
Tried playing a high pressure NRL final, in one of the most important positions on the field, with a low grade hamstring tear?

Get him to come off the bench then or get him to play centre.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Get him to come off the bench then or get him to play centre.

this is the same thing as the Milford to fullback argument that has been resurrected recently ... people need to get the thought of Boyd playing anywhere but fullback out of their heads, it just isn't going to happen.

besides if his hamstring isn't right he will be a liability at center anyway ... and he will risk doing more damage to it.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
For me even if Boyd is still missing this week I would prefer Kodi to go back to halfback. Milf has played his best this year with Kodi at half. Kodi at halfback seems to have a calming effect on the team.

I think Benji looks frantic, he is trying too hard to do everything and by trying to do everything he also impacts on Milfs game and involvement.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
For me even if Boyd is still missing this week I would prefer Kodi to go back to halfback. Milf has played his best this year with Kodi at half. Kodi at halfback seems to have a calming effect on the team.

I think Benji looks frantic, he is trying too hard to do everything and by trying to do everything he also impacts on Milfs game and involvement.

The problem with Benji (or Hunt) at half with Milford, is that he has it in his mind that he has to defer to these guys due to them being more experienced, whereas with Niko, he is the more experienced half and will take control.

Milford needs to change that mindset asap. he needs to hold the belief that regardless of who his halves partner is, he is the dominant half, and the team is his to control

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
If Boyd is injured then we need to start Kahu at fullback and Niko at halfback and run Benji off the bench to give Hunt a breather. Hunt cant continue to play 80 at hooker especially in finals games.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Broncos mail: Brisbane skipper Darius Boyd is no guarantee of returning to finals action next week. The fullback has a hamstring complaint. “We have to assume he is not coming back,” Wayne Bennett said of his No.1 after the Roosters loss. “We’ll get on with life and if he (Boyd) does come back, it’s a bonus.” Fellow hamstring casualty Tevita Pangai is more likely to return than Boyd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Ejbroncos
  • Robboi_321
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • Stix
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Gaz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.