vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone confirm if mead has trained at fullback at all this week?? If not he better not be a last minute call up

Can anyone confirm if mead has trained at fullback at all this week?? If not he better not be a last minute call up
Wayne said in the presser that Kodi will DEFINITELY be starting at fullback.

Media here wanking over Penrith. Griffin's 11-2 record on Bennett (I blame Newy for that stat) and the only mention we get is the Boyd injury.

Here's hoping Penrith choke under the favourites tag.

Very windy outside.

Hopefully, it dies down tomorrow. I don't have a lot of confidence in Niko if this breeze keeps up.

59927b6f86b6c benhunt 1280 59927b0335db7

Ben Hunt facing the imminent and emotional end to his Brisbane Broncos career

September 14, 2017

QUEENSLAND Origin star Ben Hunt admits he will struggle to contain his emotions when the curtain finally falls on his NRL career at the Broncos.

The Brisbane utility enters Friday night’s sudden-death semi-final against Penrith at Suncorp Stadium acutely aware that defeat would signal the end to a remarkable 14-year tenure at the only club he has known.

It is a tribute to Hunt’s natural talent that he remains one of the youngest players ever signed by the Broncos.

He wasn’t even a teenager when legendary Brisbane scout, the late Cyril Connell, handed Hunt a scholarship at a Broncos under-12s development camp in central Queensland in January 2003.

Hunt had plans to retire as a Bronco, but when NRL rivals Dragons gazumped Brisbane with a massive five-year, $6 million offer, it was a contract the Maroons ace couldn’t refuse.

The 27-year-old plays his 186th game for Brisbane and while he hopes to go out with a premiership farewell in three weeks, he accepts every game could be his last in Broncos colours.

“I keep thinking about it — that it could be all over,” said Hunt, who will play halfback at the Dragons next season.

“I don’t think I’ve gotten too emotional yet and I won’t before or during this game, but I know I haven’t got many games left now.

“When it finally comes to an end, I might get a bit emotional and I’ll look around the ground and take it all in.”

Hunt has played a key role in the past six weeks, filling in at hooker for the injured Andrew McCullough, and admits the Broncos need to lift after last week’s 24-22 finals loss to the Roosters.

“It was probably a bit of a wake-up call,” he said.

“We knew in the back of our minds last week that we had a second chance and we didn’t really get overly hungry to win that game. But there’s no second chances now.

“Playing hooker, I can really appreciate what ‘Macca’ (McCullough) brought to the team. Our effort at training this week has been at a higher intensity and hopefully we can beat the Panthers and keep our season alive.”

Source: Courier Mail

I'm expecting a big game from him.

His last ever game at Suncorp in Broncos colours.

Hunt has played a key role in the past six weeks, filling in at hooker for the injured Andrew McCullough, and admits the Broncos need to lift after last week’s 24-22 finals loss to the Roosters.

“It was probably a bit of a wake-up call,” he said.
They've needed to lift for the last 6 weeks not just after the Roosters game. I hope I'm terribly wrong and I hate to be a negative Nancy but I get the feeling this team has peaked and is on the way down. I hope to God they prove me wrong.

I hope Hunt kills it.

He uh..sort of owes us.

Since sharks season done
Jack Bird to fb
Milf and niko halves
And benji bench

Which serves us better tonight - a slow, grinding win or a carve up?

I'm not sure if we can win a grind with Melbourne next week if we win tonight, I think we'll have to come out guns blazing and just shock them.

I'm not sure if we can win a grind with Melbourne next week if we win tonight, I think we'll have to come out guns blazing and just shock them.
What serves us best is high completion rate coupled with high intensity in attack and defence.

Whether that results in a blow out or grind doesn't matter. It's all attitude with this team and it's been poor for a while

What serves us best is high completion rate coupled with high intensity in attack and defence.

Whether that results in a blow out or grind doesn't matter. It's all attitude with this team and it's been poor for a while

I suppose that's what it all comes down to, cutting out the errors that we've had the last few weeks. Does that mean we have to be more conservative to facilitate that goal?

I suppose that's what it all comes down to, cutting out the errors that we've had the last few weeks. Does that mean we have to be more conservative to facilitate that goal?
Being conservative to cut out the errors will turn it into Griffin ball. It may beat a poor panthers side but it doesn't help our attack should we come up against Melbourne and try and play the same style.

Need to start playing how we want to play and that's when the ball is moving and we're able to control it. If we can't do that anymore we may as well pack for Hawaii

Any win where we defend well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • TimWhatley
  • Porthoz
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • broncsgoat
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Browny
  • Cavalo
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.