Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
1st Semi Final - Loser 2nd Qualifying Final v Winner 1st Elimination Final
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
Allianz Stadium, Moore Park, Friday 20 September 2013
NRL kickoff 7:45pm
Live TV: Channel 9 Referees: Shayne Hayne and Ashley Klein; Sideline Officials: Russell Turner and Nick Beashel; Video Referee: Bernard Sutton and Luke Phillips

MAN-LUteams.png

1. Brett Stewart 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Jamie Lyon 4. Steve Matai 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Brenton Lawrence 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Justin Horo 13. Glenn Stewart
Interchange: 14. Richie Fa'aoso 15. Jamie Buhrer 16. Tom Symonds 17. George Rose 19. Peta Hiku 20. James Hasson
CRO-LUteams.png

1. Michael Gordon 2. Sosaia Feki 3. Ben Pomeroy 4. Jonathan Wright 5. Beau Ryan 6. Luke Lewis 7. Jeff Robson 8. Andrew Fifita 9. John Morris 10. Sam Tagataese 11. Jayson Bukuya 12. Wade Graham 13. Paul Gallen (c)
Interchange: 14. Isaac De Gois 15. Chris Heighington 16. Bryce Gibbs 17. Anthony Tupou 18. Ben Ross
Official Match Hashtag: #NRLfinals #NRLmancro

2nd Semi Final - Loser 1st Qualifying Final v Winner 2nd Elimination Final
Melbourne Storm v Newcastle Knights
AAMI Park, Melbourne, Saturday 21 September 2013
NRL kickoff 7:45pm
Live TV: Channel 9
Referees: Ben Cummins and Gerard Sutton; Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Grant Atkins; Video Referee: Steve Clark and Luke Patten

MEL-LUteams.png

1. Billy Slater 2. Sisa Waqa 3. Will Chambers 4. Maurice Blair 5. Justin O'Neill 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Ryan Hinchcliffe
Interchange: 14. Jason Ryles 15. Tohu Harris 16. Jordan McLean 17. Kenneath Bromwich

NEW-LUteams.png

1. Darius Boyd 2. James McManus 4. Joey Leilua 3. Dane Gagai 5. Akuila Uate 6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Tyrone Roberts 8. David Fa'alogo 9. Danny Buderus 10. Willie Mason 11. Robbie Rochow 12. Beau Scott 13. Jeremy Smith
Interchange: 14. Matt Hilder 15. Chris Houston 16. Neville Costigan 17. Alex McKinnon
Official Match Hashtag: #NRLfinals #NRLmelnew

No Carney = No chance for Cronulla. May as well start thinking about Souths vs. Manly which should be an absolute ripper if past performances are anything to go by.

Melbourne in Melbourne should be too strong for the Knights.

Bring on Week 3

Tend to agree. No Carney has to mean Cronulla are seriously weakened so you would expect Manly to win well. Newcastle have a chance but Melbourne have the big game players playing on their favourite ground. Both challengers must start as major underdogs.

if it wasn't so damn expensive to get tickets in Melbourne I might have gone to the game. it will probably be the last chance to see Bedsey play rugby league. fitting too that it will be played against Smith

Manly & Storm, merely a formality.

if it wasn't so damn expensive to get tickets in Melbourne I might have gone to the game. it will probably be the last chance to see Bedsey play rugby league. fitting too that it will be played against Smith

Should get Hodgo down there to give him the #1/#2 sledge again :loool:

Last edited:
As has been said, Cronulla V Manly is just a formality without Carney. Even if he does play, he'll be on one leg anyway.

Storm V Knights however I'm not so confident about. Melbourne have seemed really off the pace and while the Knights aren't exactly setting the world on fire, they have momentum and the emotion factor ie: Buderus

If I was laying down some money though, I'd be putting it on Manly and Storm to win.

Should get Hodgo down there to give him the #1/#2 sledge again :loool:

at this stage of his career I don't think Buderus would mind going out as (arguably) the second greatest hooker behind Cam Smith.

as totally improbable as it seems, I'd love to see Newcastle go all the way this year

Never under-estimate a Bennett coached team in the finals.

Manly should defeat the Sharks but the Newcastle V Melbourne game will be interesting. The Storm look like there nearing the end of the line while Newcastle have a talented team on paper and won't lie down.

Manly @ Melbourne are $9 odds to both make the grand final. I'm tempted. If Manly have Brett Stewart fit they will make it IMO. Melbourne are still very dangerous.

Manly w/out Stewart vs Cronulla w/out Carney.

The dud of all matches.

Manly w/out Stewart vs Cronulla w/out Carney.

The dud of all matches.

it will be like watching two people attempt to bludgeon each other to death armed only with spoons.

Did Gallen just try and take a dive?

interesting that there was talk recently of Manly having the best backline in the game, given their difficulties in getting across the line for a lot of this season (against good opposition) ..

Chad Townsend is a good talent. Cronulla have a similar situation to what we had, he's the Ben Hunt and Robson is the Peter Wallace.

Mmm, sort of. The difference is, Robson is preferred because he compliments Carney's style of play.

Geez that was beautiful from DCE.

Last edited:

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Justwin
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • Spoon
  • Brocko
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Johnny92
  • HarryAllan7
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • davidp
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.