Finals Week 2

For representative teams?

Not yet...not when our centre stocks are so low that it would mean J. Moz & Jennings would have to cover.

Inglis is definitely a better fullback, but Pete is right, do we really want Jorris playing for Australia?

Your both right damn it !!

The lack of marquee centre talent in the NRL is becoming quite confronting.

****, the thought of Morris or Jennings playing for Australia makes me really depressed. it actually makes me wish that Jamie Lyon and Blake Ferguson were available, even though that last statement makes me feel quite unclean.

It's a shame it took GI so long to move out of Melbourne. He would have been an absolute joy to watch from fullback when he had all his speed - some of that footage from 2005 in the Qld Cup was absolutely jaw dropping.

He's a better fullback than Slater but just like it was when he was at Melbourne, the best option is to play him elsewhere.

IF the team was being selected on form then Gagai would be one centre for sure.

IF the team was being selected on form then Gagai would be one centre for sure.

I don't think Gagai has been that much better than other centres in the NRL. i also wouldn't be pumping his tires too much after last night - all the good stuff he did in attack is pretty much negated by him getting trampled in defence.

I did say that assuming we were talking about Inglis playing fullback so I'm not sure who the two centres who rank above him (and are available) on form are.
Chambers yeah, Jennings, not for mine, Morris, not for mine, are there many others? If all our centres were available then no way but as of right now he couldn't be too far off.

I did say that assuming we were talking about Inglis playing fullback so I'm not sure who the two centres who rank above him (and are available) on form are.

oh, I missed that i guess. but I still wouldn't take Gagai even if Inglis is out of the equation. i'd take Chambers, Tate, Jennings and Hayne ahead of Gagai.

I think Gagai has plenty of potential but I honestly don't see much difference between him and Josh Morris or Jennings right now. all of them are attacking weapons and weak defenders. I'd still put Jennings ahead right now.

I would rank available centres this way:

Inglis
Tate
Chambers
Jennings
Gagai
Jorris

oh, I missed that i guess. but I still wouldn't take Gagai even if Inglis is out of the equation. i'd take Chambers, Tate, Jennings and Hayne ahead of Gagai.

I think Gagai has plenty of potential but I honestly don't see much difference between him and Josh Morris or Jennings right now. all of them are attacking weapons and weak defenders. I'd still put Jennings ahead right now.

Forgot Hayne in the mix for centre spots. Would do a fine job. He's fullback for the PM's XIII, but considering playing for Fiji if he misses the top Australian squad.

and with melbournes exit from the finals, im done with the NRL for the year. wont be watching any matches next week, and probably wont even bother with the grand final after how terrible this finals series has been, especially the reffing.

see ya in 2014 NRL, with even less enthusiasm and support towards your product than i had this year.

I would rank available centres this way:

Inglis
Tate
Chambers
Jennings
Gagai
Jorris
Jorris better than Jennings imo.
Jennings just has pure speed, I wouldn't call him a destructive runner, he's not overly strong, he's alright defensively but not brilliant, I wouldn't say he's great at putting away his outside man either.

and with melbournes exit from the finals, im done with the NRL for the year. wont be watching any matches next week, and probably wont even bother with the grand final after how terrible this finals series has been, especially the reffing.

see ya in 2014 NRL, with even less enthusiasm and support towards your product than i had this year.
your loss, reffing aside the games have been quality.

your loss, reffing aside the games have been quality.
not really. not at all, actually.

i dont call games decided by or hugely interfered by referees "quality". theres really only been about 1 game so far not marred by idiotic refereeing, and in nearly every match the decisions have significantly impacted the outcome. close != quality. close when referees are choosing who wins definitely != quality. it equals shit.

Both games last week were very entertaining to watch and I had no problems with the refs.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Mustafur
  • Culhwch
  • Skyblues87
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncoFan94
  • Skathen
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • MrMoore
  • Bronx48
  • NSW stables
  • Harry Sack
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • HVbronco
  • Xzei
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.