Finals Week 2

I just enjoyed a game where one side realized that passing the ball from the start to finish is how you win a game, and, in this case, with their relentless attack and defense, how you beat a team whose stars are no longer the force they were when they were younger. In short, Newcastle were just way too fast for the Storm, outflanking them easily

Fantastic game, plan beautifully executed, with great, hard defence. The Roosters will be in for a seriously hard time.

Are the Storm now Federeresque? End of the road?

I like Tyrone Roberts, reminds me of Sam Williams last year, really standing up when it counts.

I wonder whether Roberts will follow the same path then ... be inexplicably dropped for an extended period and then sign with St Merge

Another high quality game. Bennett's game plan worked to perfection as Newcastle got a head start and always seemed to control the tempo and flow of the game while Melbourne looked like they were on their last legs. Very happy with the result as we (the Roosters) won't be meeting the Storm but every finals opponent is tough and we will need to be on our game if we are to win.

Don't understand why the Storm fans were booing Mckinnon clearly was a head-clash but the majority are Victorians who need to read the rule-book so what do you expect.

GOTCHA STORM always enjoy watching Melbourne lose

Wayne Bennett masterclass and what surprised me most was the gameplan for something different. Suck it Melbourne.

Fans will boo at anything that goes "against" their team. I'm just glad the refs didn't give into it.

NRL 2013 Finals Week 2 Highlights: Storm V Knights - YouTube

Footage of the head clash.

Honestly, I can see Smith's point. McKinnon leads with the shoulder and while it was the head clash that did the damage Melbourne were unlucky not to receive the penalty. Still, I'm glad the referees didn't go overboard and send McKinnon off.

The worst call was the obvious interference on Slater from Buderus late in the match. Penalty every day of the week and would have given Cameron Smith a shot from right infront, 30m out.

A shame, because the referees had a great game otherwise.

Don't understand why the Storm fans were booing Mckinnon clearly was a head-clash but the majority are Victorians who need to read the rule-book so what do you expect.

Go to a Newcastle game in Newcastle, they would boo their grandparents. (if they knew who their grandparents were.) :001_tt2:

NRL 2013 Finals Week 2 Highlights: Storm V Knights - YouTube

Footage of the head clash.

Honestly, I can see Smith's point. McKinnon leads with the shoulder and while it was the head clash that did the damage Melbourne were unlucky not to receive the penalty. Still, I'm glad the referees didn't go overboard and send McKinnon off.

The worst call was the obvious interference on Slater from Buderus late in the match. Penalty every day of the week and would have given Cameron Smith a shot from right infront, 30m out.

A shame, because the referees had a great game otherwise.

I'd take it a step further BP and ask, would the head clash have happened if not for the shoulder charge? One of the reasons they introduced the shoulder charge rule was because of the the potential for them to go wrong.
I remember when they were being soft on head contact after an arm deflected off the ball. Back then grubs like Mario Fenech used to swing at the ball to get away with some pretty bad high shots, hence the change to the rules.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar rule adjustment for this type of thing.

I thought McKinnon made (a feeble) attempt at wrapping his arms around the Storm guy. i'm happy for that to not be classified as a shoulder charge

I thought it looked bad and thought we would see a send off. Till I saw the replay. Leilua carrying on like a tool was a bad look though.

I thought it looked bad and thought we would see a send off. Till I saw the replay. Leilua carrying on like a tool was a bad look though.

I thought it was silly that the big boos were reserved for McKinnon rather than Leilua. Leilua was an absolute tool. such an idiotic, disrespectful thing to do; especially since the Melbourne player was actually badly injured (broke his jaw I believe ?)

I missed the game as I was out last night so can someone please let me know what Leilua did?

PS. I was actually one of the fools that thought the Storm would dominate the Knights, I guess it goes to show that you can never underestimate finals football...or maybe it's Bennett that should never be underestimated...

I missed the game as I was out last night so can someone please let me know what Leilua did?

PS. I was actually one of the fools that thought the Storm would dominate the Knights, I guess it goes to show that you can never underestimate finals football...or maybe it's Bennett that should never be underestimated...
After a head clash with McKinnon. Leilua stood over a semiconscious Bromwich and taunted him.

Last edited:
I don't think the Storm spine is at the end of the road yet, they just need a break from all the footy they've been playing.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Tim K
  • PETERN
  • Alec
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Harry Sack
  • Manofoneway
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.