Finals Week 2

So what was with the comment about the 'fans at a Justin Bieber concert'?

What exactly is wrong with that? I didn't single you out and I didn't have a go at you. My point is people seem to gush over other teams but when the Broncos do the same it's always "the opposition sucked"

Completion rates matter when you are losing the ball as often as we do.
We beat them 30-10 2 weeks ago when they had their season to play for (they should have been knocked out but the dragons choked). To say they are playing better then us shows how negative our fans are about our own team

Is that your argument for who has given the best performance in he finals series? A completion rate lol.... you're obviously set on the cowboys being an unbeatable force of nature who have defied the odds and continue to defy the laws of physics. Defence wins big games, and variety in attack doesn't hurt. Both areas that the broncos, storm and roosters (except the roosters in defence in their game) have been better then the cowboys then in their last games.

Look, I think most of the time I tend to agree with your comments and I would like to think that you would realise I don't intentionally provoke negative comments. Sorry if I did that but I just think that the Cows are worthy of credit for a very good performance tonight. No I do not think they are an 'unbeatable force of nature' and I'm not really sure how wanting to give them credit for a fantastic performance tonight leads to that conclusion? The Cows defence tonight was fantastic, they gave away tries from lucky ricochets and one bombed catch when the match was over. I'm not really sure how that ranks lower than the Roosters v Broncos snorefest of last week or the Broncos hanging on for dear life last night but to not drop a ball until the match is over in my opinion makes them stand out above either of our games or the Roosters one game. But I am not the sort who tries to start or continue arguments as I like you as a poster, so I will leave it there and apologise if I seemed rude.

Wonder how many punters that try on the buzzer screwed over for Cows by 13+. Prob not many

Ben Hunt kicks the ball into the Wallace
NOT PLAYED AT
'Woahhhhhh Sausage Skin Wallace, so tough, so brave....'

Mitchell Moses kicks the ball into Taumalolo
NOT PLAYED AT
'WTF!!! THAT WAS A CHARGE DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Moses can't do anything wrong.
Contrary to popular belief Moses doesn't walk on water.

What exactly is wrong with that? I didn't single you out and I didn't have a go at you. My point is people seem to gush over other teams but when the Broncos do the same it's always "the opposition sucked"

I don't believe I have ever said that and your response was a direct reply to my post. I think you can forgive me for assuming you were having a go at me with your sweeping generalisation? Anyway, if I offended you I apologise and as I mentioned, I am not the sort to start or continue arguments as I think you are no doubt aware. So I am happy to agree to disagree with you on this match and am simply happy to give credit to the Cows on a fantastic performance.

We beat them 30-10 2 weeks ago when they had their season to play for (they should have been knocked out but the dragons choked). To say they are playing better then us shows how negative our fans are about our own team
Are you talking about the Cows game? It was 20-10. Would have been more though if we received more penalties [emoji6]

On first view it appeared the Eels looked short of a gallop. In hindsight it's fair to say they threw everything at the Storm the week before and had nothing left to give. Meanwhile despite playing an extra ten minutes the Cowboys took a lot of belief out of their win against the Sharks.

The key for them was that try to Kyle Feldt. After that Radradra try they could have easily dropped their heads and let the Eels roll over them. Instead the Cowboys sucked it up, exploited the poor defence down the Eels right hand side and Feldt came up with a spectacular finish.

All of a sudden, the Eels lost one of their key players in Daniel Alvaro who has been one of the form front rowers of the competition and the Cowboys were all over them. The Will Smith try was a false dawn and when the second half started with that mistake from Jennings it set the tone for the Eels.

The Cowboys were relentless in that second half. Nothing flashy, just their forwards making in-roads, their halves coming up with an excellent kicking game and they made the most of their opportunities. When the Eels finally made their way down the field they just didn't respect the ball enough and didn't challenge the Cowboys enough in the air.

I thought the standard was definitely better than what we saw last night and the Cowboys continue to impress despite their season being written off all the way back in Round 9.

No one expected the Cowboys to win, and they did. Eels were the team many thought would make it through on that side of the finals, and they had nothing in attack. They embarassed us twice not long ago. So Cowboys were pretty impressive.

Look, I think most of the time I tend to agree with your comments and I would like to think that you would realise I don't intentionally provoke negative comments. Sorry if I did that but I just think that the Cows are worthy of credit for a very good performance tonight. No I do not think they are an 'unbeatable force of nature' and I'm not really sure how wanting to give them credit for a fantastic performance tonight leads to that conclusion? The Cows defence tonight was fantastic, they gave away tries from lucky ricochets and one bombed catch when the match was over. I'm not really sure how that ranks lower than the Roosters v Broncos snorefest of last week or the Broncos hanging on for dear life last night but to not drop a ball until the match is over in my opinion makes them stand out above either of our games or the Roosters one game. But I am not the sort who tries to start or continue arguments as I like you as a poster, so I will leave it there and apologise if I seemed rude.
Debate and discussion about different points of view is what these forums are about I think so in no way did I take it as rude! But appreciate this comment. Same here. It's just that as a fan of the broncos I get frustrated that the broncos don't get the credit of every other team in the comp. we had 4 of our top 17 out last night and finished with 1 guy on the bench but the papers will be writing about the braveness of the cowboys. We finished above the eels but they were the amazing side of the nrl that could beat the storm. We were tipped to miss the 8 by most tipsters this year yet we are 1 game from the gf. Our packs too small, our halves are shit, Brisbane gets so many advantages, the ref decisions helped the broncos. We were no chance to beat the roosters last week but nearly did with a terrible performance. A lot of the negative/no credit to the broncos from outside comes from the anti-Bennett media (he has won 1 coach of the year award but has won 7 times the amount of premierships as any other current coach), but it dissapoints me when our own fans (not you specifically) give such high praise for other teams but bag our team after an amazing win!

Cowboys look convincing and dominant in what they've been doing in the last 2 weeks. The broncos? Very unconvincing. The fans are realistic enough to see that.

Cowboys look convincing and dominant in what they've been doing in the last 2 weeks. The broncos? Very unconvincing. The fans are realistic enough to see that.

Yes, they knocked out last years premiers and this years favourites to take on the Storm. They are the real deal. I think they'll make the GF but lose...hopefully to us!

Are you talking about the Cows game? It was 20-10. Would have been more though if we received more penalties [emoji6]
Lol my bad. In my defence the 2 and 3 buttons are quite close together

We've got to remember this is the same Eels outfit that loss to the Newcastle Knights not that long ago.

They have these bad performances in them.

Ouch. What were the odds? Or do you not want to talk about it?
Had 50 on it at $26, the big loser though was a multi, brisbane 1-12, cats 36+ & cows 13+, that would've been a collect of around $1500.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Foordy
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Mustafur
  • Astro
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • Organix
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Browny
  • LittleDavey
  • ivanhungryjak
  • ezpz
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.