PRE-GAME Finals week 3 - Storm vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the pain of split loyalty couples, I've got it tonight. Me the massive Broncs fan, she the Storm fan. I'm quietly confident I'll be the happier one tonight. ;)

It gets no bigger then this. This is it. I'm incredibly nervous so i can't imagine what the players are feeling.

They have to control their nerves, stay ultra focused and go out there with absolutely no respect for the Storm and get the job done. The players, coaches and us fans are going to have to go through hell tonight to overcome this Melbourne outfit. How bad do we want this? Are we hungry? Tonight all will be revealed.

Things are going to go against us. Melbourne will be attacking us at every opportunity from all over the park. We have to rattle them, get in their faces, dig into them for the ENTIRE match. We must keep the scores level at around the 30 minute mark, then we can get them but if they score first within 10 minutes, it's over.

This is truly our grand final right here. Emotions will be running out of control tonight. Hell and pain and fatigue is waiting for us. Backs against the wall. Nobody believes we'll even give the Storm a contest. I believe. I really do. Who's with me?

P.S. it's our turn to knock the Storm out. I'll never ever forget that '08 final, that was heart breaking. The 2015 GF was worse. Surely our luck has to change but you make your own luck. No excuses. Let's fucking do it!

Having Oates (if he lasts the game) makes a huge difference for us tonight, last few games Vunivalu has had no competition on that wing, tonight he is up against one of the very best who can give him a taste of his own medicine. I reckon the Broncs need to legally cheapshot him at every opportunity because the flying knees thing (plus other things) shows he can get rattled quite easily.

I reckon we are the one team the Storm knows can beat them if we turn up and they won't be caught off guard.

We must keep the scores level at around the 30 minute mark, then we can get them but if they score first within 10 minutes, it's over.

Yep they will be fresh after the week off and come out hard an fast early to try and blow us away and then strangle us with their defense, we will need to hang in there, we don't want to be chasing points against the Storm.

Reactions: Dee
Having Oates (if he lasts the game) makes a huge difference for us tonight, last few games Vunivalu has had no competition on that wing, tonight he is up against one of the very best who can give him a taste of his own medicine. I reckon the Broncs need to legally cheapshot him at every opportunity because the flying knees thing (plus other things) shows he can get rattled quite easily.

I reckon we are the one team the Storm knows can beat them if we turn up and they won't be caught off guard.

No Mead or Pearson on the wing tonight or Niko thank god, and whos in your avatar?

Tactic 1. Storm are always offside on their line and lightning to jump off it. 3rd or 4th tackle, pass it one left (making Slater go that way), then switch back to Milford or Nikorima on the right to grubber in behind the Storm's left edge (the forwards will be slower to turn) for an inward-running Roberts. It's been done before, at least a grubber for Roberts closer to the middle than he'd normally be. But taking Slater out is a must, and they won't expect it if it's not on the last.

Pass it on to Wayne. I'll think of some more.

Tactic 1. Storm are always offside on their line and lightning to jump off it. 3rd or 4th tackle, pass it one left (making Slater go that way), then switch back to Milford or Nikorima on the right to grubber in behind the Storm's left edge (the forwards will be slower to turn) for an inward-running Roberts. It's been done before, at least a grubber for Roberts closer to the middle than he'd normally be. But taking Slater out is a must, and they won't expect it if it's not on the last.

Pass it on to Wayne. I'll think of some more.
I really fucking hope Milford and Nikorima have a few trick shots for this game. Surely they would? Though I haven't seen many trick shot plays this season from us.

We need to watch out for Addo-Carr moving to the opposite side of the field. He's done it quite often and it usually leads to something.

I really fucking hope Milford and Nikorima have a few trick shots for this game. Surely they would? Though I haven't seen many trick shot plays this season from us.

Agree. If the Storm had no weaknesses, they'd have won by 30 points every game this year. They are beatable. Once they are bamboozled once they can get shell-shocked so if we break them once we need to keep the tempo up. It's high risk / high reward but it's the only way.

I think if we're to win tonight we need to go in with an all attack mentality

We know we can't grind out a win against these cheating *****, the ref will be against us after all this bs offside crap we've been copping all week and the storm are good enough to keep us locked down our own end rd 3 this year and 11 drop outs in 2015.

This team isn't good enough to defend like 2015 so we need the mindset that whatever they score we'll score more like the 05 tigers mindset (I know stupid wording but you get the gist). Can't get in front by 10 and try and defend... get in front by 10 and look to get out 16, 22, 40... **** the ***** no let up!!!!

I think someone earlier in the week maybe Sammy mentioned that we like to move the ball against them to disrupt their structures. To me that indicates our plan for the week has been attack and to attack from everywhere at anytime.

I don't even care about the GF all that much I just want to ruin these pricks and all this fucking love they receive despite every effort to ruin the game. If we don't win I hope we **** them up that much that they get trounced next week

GettyImages 665239718

James Roberts has opened up about resurrecting his career

September 22, 2017

BRONCOS weapon James Roberts has opened up about resurrecting his career at Brisbane as he chases NRL finals redemption.

Roberts, along with winger Jordan Kaho, will be charged with shutting down Storm speedster Josh Addo-Carr in tonight’s blockbuster preliminary final against Melbourne at AAMI Park.

This is the deepest in a season Roberts has ever been during a seven-year NRL career which has had its share of ups and downs.

Roberts, 24, made his NRL debut for South Sydney in 2011 before being punted by the Rabbitohs and picked up by Penrith.

He made six appearances for the Panthers in 2013 before being sacked, again for disciplinary reasons, and headed to the Gold Coast Titans in 2014.

After 36 games across two seasons at the Titans, Roberts walked out the door following a contract bungle and arrived at Red Hill in preparation for the 2016 season.

Roberts did not miss a game for the Broncos last year until a moment of madness cost him a spot in an epic elimination final against the Cowboys.

In week one of the finals against the Titans, Roberts lashed out and kicked Gold Coast forward Ryan Simpkins, earning a one-match suspension.

He watched on television as Brisbane’s season came to a heartbreaking end in an extra-time thriller in Townsville and has been left wondering ever since whether he could have made a difference.

Roberts has only missed one match this season and said he felt at home at Brisbane after inking a four-year contract extension.

“I’m very happy at the club,” he said.

“I re-signed for another four years. That’s an indication how good the club is and how I feel about the club.

“Obviously it is (a show of faith). Hopefully I am repaying it.”

Roberts spent his first season at the Broncos last year finetuning his defence under the tutelage of Wayne Bennett.

He scored nine tries in 25 matches last year and has doubled his return to 18 in 25 games this season.

Along with fellow centre Tautau Moga (26 games), Roberts has been a constant in a backline that’s been rocked by injuries throughout the year.

And he said the Broncos deserved all the success they could get if they are able to knock off Melbourne and qualify for the grand final.

“I’ve enjoyed this year,” he said.

“We went a bit quiet but we’re slowly finding some form. It hasn’t really sunk in (that I’m playing a preliminary final).

“The boys have tried really hard. We’ve put a lot of effort in this year. The boys deserve everything we get.

“We grow in confidence when we defend well. Hopefully we can do that and give them a good game.”

Source: Courier Mail

Tactic 2. If we do manage to Push the Storm down their end, swap Roberts with Boyd for the defensive set. Boyd is perfectly capable of defending in the line as we saw in Origin, and it means that Roberts will be there for when they have to go for a clearing kick. Channelling the '06 team, Roberts would be deadly at the back returning kicks against a staggered defence, and even if he doesn't get through he has lightning play-the-balls so the Oates and Moga punch will then have us deep in their half by the 3rd tackle.

Need to channel their inner Mick Ennis. Harass the big three with semi late hits and generally rough them up.

Shit Ben Hannant is talking about elbows and biting them

I'm all on board the rough them up approach but everyone should remember how that went for the blues in game 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Jason Simmons
  • Pablo
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Astro
  • Hurrijo
  • Stix
  • FACTHUNT
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.