Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Prelim Final #1
Cronulla Sharks vs North Queensland Cowboys
Allianz Stadium, Friday 23 September 2016
Kick Off 7:55pm

1420518027.png

1. Ben Barba 2. Sosaia Feki 3. Jack Bird 4. Ricky Leutele 5. Valentine Holmes 6. James Maloney 7. Chad Townsend 8. Andrew Fifita 9. Michael Ennis 10. Matt Prior 11. Luke Lewis 12. Wade Graham 13. Paul Gallen
Interchange: 14. Gerard Beale 15. Chris Heighington 16. Kurt Capewell 17. Jayson Bukuya 18. Sam Tagataese
1420530280.png

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Kane Linnett 5. Javid Bowen 6. Michael Morgan 7. Johnathan Thurston 8. Matthew Scott 9. Jake Granville 10. James Tamou 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Coen Hess 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. John Asiata 16. Scott Bolton 17. Ben Hannant
Prelim Final #2
Melbourne Storm vs Canberra Raiders
AAMI Park, Saturday 24 September 2016
Kick Off 7:40pm

1420555342.png

1. Cameron Munster 2. Suliasi Vunivalu 3. Will Chambers 4. Cheyse Blair 5. Marika Koroibete 6. Blake Green 7. Cooper Cronk 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Tim Glasby 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Tohu Harris 13. Dale Finucane
Interchange: 14. Kenneath Bromwich 15. Christian Welch 16. Jordan McLean 17. Ben Hampton 20. Matthew White 21. Felise Kaufusi
1420535536.png

1. Jack Wighton 2. Edrick Lee 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Jordan Rapana 6. Blake Austin 7. Aidan Sezer 8. Junior Paulo 9. Josh Hodgson 10. Shannon Boyd 11. Josh Papalii 12. Elliot Whitehead 13. Iosia Soliola
Interchange: 14. Kurt Baptiste 15. Luke Bateman 16. Paul Vaughan 17. Joseph Tapine

It isn't too long now before we'll finally have our 2016 Grand Final make-up.

I've said all along that this year feels different to me and that you have to expect the unexpected. Anyone who thought the Broncos were on their way to redemption clearly wasn't paying close enough attention and that goes all the way back to the early stages of the season.

That's why I get the feeling the grand final will be made up of two teams who didn't even qualify for the prelims last year.

That's right, Cronulla v Canberra on the grandest stage of them all in a fresh match-up that I'm sure will make Paul Kent happy one way or another.

I've got Cronulla disposing of North Queensland. I thought the Cowboys pulled out something special last Friday to defeat their rivals in-front of their incredibly loyal fanbase. It was an emotional victory for them, but I can't see how they'll be able to bounce back from it. They were running on empty against Brisbane, I can't see them refuelling in time for the Sharks who found their confidence at the nation's capital and welcome back two key players in Wade Graham and Paul Gallen. Barring a complete and utter choke, Cronulla should qualify for their first NRL Grand Final since 1997 and first unified grand final since the 70s. It's been a long time between drinks.

Then on Saturday, I'm tipping a boil-over here. Despite ticking all the boxes, Melbourne have never really convinced me this year and I'm just reminded too much of 2011 where by rights they should have won a premiership. If any side was to beat them, it's the Raiders and they go into this game knowing what needs to be done. My only cause for concern here is the health of Hodgson and Austin. Both did enough to get through the Penrith game, but against experienced and crafty opposition, I expect them to be really tested (fairly or unfairly).

Honestly, I hope Canberra win it.

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for them. If I wasn't a Broncos supporter, I would be a Canberra supporter.

I don't like Ricky Stuart, but I do like the Canberra Raiders and I think they deserve a premiership.

They have really turned a corner this year and built a side that can be a genuine contender for years to come. They are on the up after so many years of misery and it would be nice to see them rewarded for that.

I think if Canberra make it to the GF [MENTION=8215]Morkel[/MENTION] should have another Grand Final get together to celebrate it...

Last edited:
I'm right behind the Raiders. **** all the other teams.

Want Sharks or Raiders to win, I'll be happy with either of those teams.

Actually, if the Sharks win it, it would sum up the nrl to a T. In a season where the Essendon has sat out due to suspension effectively, the weak as always NRL's version is effectively two wins from winning the whole thing. Just so poetic.

I'm on the Storm. It makes me sick to my stomach, but the fallout of them winning seems far more favourable than any other remaining side taking it, plus I rate Smith as potentially the GOAT. Just imagine the GH if the Raiders won...

I'm on the Storm. It makes me sick to my stomach, but the fallout of them winning seems far more favourable than any other remaining side taking it, plus I rate Smith as potentially the GOAT. Just imagine the GH if the Raiders won...

Just imagine Morkel if Ricky won a premiership

Two of the greatest tv shows of all time there!!!

Why do people even go on GH?

I would love to see a Raider vs Sharks GF. Very unexpected and hopefully very entertaining.

Can't see both the Storm and Cowboys losing though. I think one of them is going through.

I hope Cowgirls loose but if I was the coach id put KP back in the side this week again he proved useful against us last week.

If Winterstein is fit, you gotta pick him I think. Ponga needs a good offseason + some non-KFC bulking first to be a regular IMO.

Active Now

• Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.