Finals Week 3

That game was awesome. Nothing but respect for the Cowboys at this point. What they've done, and how they have been playing is awesome.

I still fucking hate them, but **** the Storm.

We need to remember the satisfying thing is that one of these teams need to lose next week. Another piece of trivia: Has a team in the NRL era had back to back GF losses?

The Roosters.

2003-2004.

Only team in the NRL era to make 3 consecutive GF's legally.

Cowboys lose JT get to grand final. Broncos lose Macca season over. Enough said
I don't think anyone was saying McCullough was more important than Thurston, but I am willing to run with it.

I don't think there's been a gutsier finals campaign since the '98 Bulldogs. The Cowboys just play until the 80th minute, don't allow mistakes to faze them and just back the talent they have to get the ball over the line.

Just a shame that neither Scott nor JT are fit for this clash. This could have been the greatest Grand Final of all-time. I still think it will be really close, but Melbourne will take it out.

On the other hand, how sucky would it have been for one of these unheralded depth players to grind their team to the GF only to miss the game because Thurston or Scott make a miracle recovery.

I don't think anyone was saying McCullough was more important than Thurston, but I am willing to run with it.

The point is cowboys can cover one of the greatest ever in Thurston. The broncos can't cover an average hooker in McCullough.

2015 - Broncos vs Cowboys

Broncos win - Wayne delivers 1 last premiership to the Broncos after his return
Cowboys win - First ever Premiership

2016 - Sharks vs Storm

Sharks win - First ever Premiership
Storm win - The big 3 deliver 1 last premiership for the Storm

2017 - Storm vs Cowboys

Cowboys win - The Cowboys win after barely making the 8, without their best 2 players

NRL are just hedging their bets every fucking year, no matter which way it goes, they get a "fairy tale" and plenty of attention in the news cycle. Rigged as ****, don't care what anyone says.

He never plays the ball correctly, you say this like you're just learning it? [emoji6]

That's the joke. He does that cheap shit every week to the point that that's all he knows what to do.

On the other hand, how sucky would it have been for one of these unheralded depth players to grind their team to the GF only to miss the game because Thurston or Scott make a miracle recovery.

Sure but it IS Thurston or Scott we are talking about.

When I say 'fit' for the final, I'm talking about them having the necessary games under their belt to be right.

Look at Boyd. He was right to play last night, but was he fit?

2015 - Broncos vs Cowboys

Broncos win - Wayne delivers 1 last premiership to the Broncos after his return
Cowboys win - First ever Premiership

2016 - Sharks vs Storm

Sharks win - First ever Premiership

2017 - Storm vs Cowboys

Cowboys win - The Cowboys win after barely making the 8, without their best 2 players

NRL are just hedging their bets every fucking year, no matter which way it goes, they get a "fairy tale" and plenty of attention in the news cycle. Rigged as ****, don't care what anyone says.

Completely. That's why these things like Captains Challenge will never happen, or if it does it'll be watered down. The NRL don't want the games decided by the players or the rules being followed. They want to be able to play puppet masters.

When I say 'fit' for the final, I'm talking about them having the necessary games under their belt to be right.

Look at Boyd. He was right to play last night, but was he fit?

Boyd was in no way right to play but I get what you're saying.

The point is cowboys can cover one of the greatest ever in Thurston. The broncos can't cover an average hooker in McCullough.

They signed TMM mid season. That’d be like us signing a highly rated young hooker like Brandon Smith immediately after Macca went down.

I love our new grey 2017 away jersey!

NQ17AJS1A-FRONT.jpg

How many metres did Price average per game in 2007? I remember he had a few 300+ games. Just wonder if Taumalolo has surpassed it this year, that was one of the all time dominant seasons too.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Bish
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • Mister Wright
  • Jedhead
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.