OFFICIAL First Ever Spoon

I thought I'd care a lot more about this but frankly, i'm just kinda shrugging my shoulders and going yeah but we deserved it?

great thing to have on your resume tho for Seibold/White/Morris etc.

One wooden spoon after decades. Constantly playing final football. I hate you bunch and I love watching you lose.

BUT. I say that out of envy. You just have a young squad that will end up killing it. Look at the pennies right now - it takes time for the young guns to develop.

Unless they are mentally screwed after this season, some may never come good now.

Just read that Boyd did a gender reveal after the game and the players were all laughing and celebrating
They really don’t give a **** do they
This needs to be rammed down their throat big time in the off season about actually giving a **** whether you win or lose
Yeah fancy celebrating a mate having a kid.

On the bright side.... if you ever wanted a jersey but thought they cost to much , or you need one to burn for a cleansing ritual..... 2020 will be your year to get one..... bargain bins will be overflowing

Last edited:
Broncos FB page have just uploaded a video: "Our captain Alex Glenn talks openly and honestly about the 2020 season".
Whilst I feel for Glenn and the scrutiny that he has had to endure as a result of the season from hell, he seems to blame COVID-19 for the decline of this footy team, talking about feeling like a prisoner with the restrictions around NRL players.
I get it, but he does realise that EVERY other team in the NRL faced exactly the same, if not worse protocols, doesn't he?
QLD teams actually had the more relaxed protocols compared to a lot of other teams.
Look at the Warriors, who are stuck in a different country, not sleeping in their own beds and unable to see their families for months.
Look at Melbourne, they have relocated to a different state and again unable to sleep in their own beds.

I feel like this club from top down has used the COVID-19 excuse for this shocking season, when in-fact they actually had it better then a lot of other clubs/teams did.
Melbourne are a genuine premiership threat. I have no doubt that they would love to be able to go back to their own home after training, after each game, like the Broncos players can, but they cannot. They're using it as a bonding tool, rather than an easy get out. Thats is because their coach, CEO and board know that there is no point in crying and using it as an excuse. Every club has these "bubble" restrictions.

Again, massive cultural issues at this club and another tick to bringing Kevvie in and going hard for Donaghy and Bellamy.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are a lot of players in this team that look to have this chip on their shoulder and think that they're superior then what they really are.
This club and this team need a genuine wake up call and unfortunately, I don't think the spoon that they won last night will wake them up.
I can picture all 30 players, coaching staff and board members at Red Hill this morning patting each other on the back and saying COVID-19 really did a number on us this year.

It's just not good enough.

Oh so delusional. Let's not even consider a one team city with all the benefits that come with that. The favourable FTA coverage and consistent weekly games. Even as wooden spooners you continued to get favourable prime time coverage and all the commercial brand advantages that creates. How about the dodgy "thoroughbreds" organisation arranging TPAs (at an arm length of course... lol)? How about the advantages when it comes to bringing in a Matt Lodge? While other teams get hamstrung with charged players barred for years due to criminal charges, low and behold, Matt Lodge gets the good old eye to eye treatment from HQ and no need for any barred time.

I'm actually surprised that it was even questioned regarding the advantages the Broncos enjoy. It was an eye opener.
Cut the bullshit. Who do you support?

Unless they are mentally screwed after this season, some may never come good now.
Yeah, for sure, and particularly for Carrigan with the c beside his name for most of the games.

Think about it, you clearly dislike the Brisbane Broncos, yet you find the time to sign up on their supporters forum to write long winded messages bagging them out and going back and forth with our supporters?

I'm glad my club the Brisbane Broncos has impacted you that much because quite frankly, your embarrassing yourself. Thanks for the laughs lol

Now, go on.
Oh so delusional. Let's not even consider a one team city with all the benefits that come with that. The favourable FTA coverage and consistent weekly games. Even as wooden spooners you continued to get favourable prime time coverage and all the commercial brand advantages that creates. How about the dodgy "thoroughbreds" organisation arranging TPAs (at an arm length of course... lol)? How about the advantages when it comes to bringing in a Matt Lodge? While other teams get hamstrung with charged players barred for years due to criminal charges, low and behold, Matt Lodge gets the good old eye to eye treatment from HQ and no need for any barred time.

I'm actually surprised that it was even questioned regarding the advantages the Broncos enjoy. It was an eye opener.

Broncos FB page have just uploaded a video: "Our captain Alex Glenn talks openly and honestly about the 2020 season".
Whilst I feel for Glenn and the scrutiny that he has had to endure as a result of the season from hell, he seems to blame COVID-19 for the decline of this footy team, talking about feeling like a prisoner with the restrictions around NRL players.
I get it, but he does realise that EVERY other team in the NRL faced exactly the same, if not worse protocols, doesn't he?
QLD teams actually had the more relaxed protocols compared to a lot of other teams.
Look at the Warriors, who are stuck in a different country, not sleeping in their own beds and unable to see their families for months.
Look at Melbourne, they have relocated to a different state and again unable to sleep in their own beds.

I feel like this club from top down has used the COVID-19 excuse for this shocking season, when in-fact they actually had it better then a lot of other clubs/teams did.
Melbourne are a genuine premiership threat. I have no doubt that they would love to be able to go back to their own home after training, after each game, like the Broncos players can, but they cannot. They're using it as a bonding tool, rather than an easy get out. Thats is because their coach, CEO and board know that there is no point in crying and using it as an excuse. Every club has these "bubble" restrictions.

Again, massive cultural issues at this club and another tick to bringing Kevvie in and going hard for Donaghy and Bellamy.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are a lot of players in this team that look to have this chip on their shoulder and think that they're superior then what they really are.
This club and this team need a genuine wake up call and unfortunately, I don't think the spoon that they won last night will wake them up.
I can picture all 30 players, coaching staff and board members at Red Hill this morning patting each other on the back and saying COVID-19 really did a number on us this year.

It's just not good enough.

I haven’t watched it because just by the thumbnail it looks like exactly what it is - a manufactured lip service to the fans

Loving it. can't get enough of this privileged over-inflated donkeys collecting a well-deserved spoon. You happily soaked up all the privileges and advantages for decades. Well, guess what, with all that privilege comes the pain of failing with those advantages. Suck it up, princess. The veneer of excellence is shattered. Wait until that second Brizzy team steps in....
Not sure what these privileges and advantages were. The privilege of being awarded the fewest penalties of all teams, year after year? Of going 15 years at the judiciary without a single downgraded charge? The privilege of attracting record crowds at shit club venues without a share of the gate and the same shit clubs not drawing flies in QLD?

Unless you say we shouldn't have moved Bennett on at all. He should still be here in some capacity....
I say we should have listened to WBs plan which of course means honouring his contract and extending that contract by his requested year. He'd be transferring in to his Coaching Directors role as soon as we played our last game which likely would be next week...

Not sure what these privileges and advantages were. The privilege of being awarded the fewest penalties of all teams, year after year? Of going 15 years at the judiciary without a single downgraded charge? The privilege of attracting record crowds at shit club venues without a share of the gate and the same shit clubs not drawing flies in QLD?

As well as the deserved privilege built on a great culture, great coaching, and great performances by great players. Privilege not peptides, roids, and rorts by clubs in privileged NSW whining that they just couldn't cut it on their (lack of) merit.

why not do it away from the fans eye
They have just won the wooden spoon and lost 17 of their last 18 games and now they just rub this in the fans faces carrying on like this
Just another kick in the guts to the fans who are no doubt coping shit left right and centre already
There was like 30 people in the crowd.

why not do it away from the fans eye
They have just won the wooden spoon and lost 17 of their last 18 games and now they just rub this in the fans faces carrying on like this
Just another kick in the guts to the fans who are no doubt coping shit left right and centre already
I actually enjoy watching it. There is more to life than a game, I’m not sure who first said this, and if you’re getting your feelings hurt by people teasing you maybe you need to harden up a bit.

Cut the bullshit. Who do you support?

Too embarrassed to say I reckon, or still hung over on peptides, roids and rorts whining about not cutting it on merit.

Self entitled flog

Last edited:

Active Now

• Midean
  • winslow_wong
  • Battler
  • broncos4life
  • Skathen
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncsgoat
  • KateBroncos1812
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • MrMoore
  • The Don
  • Fozz
  • ezpz
  • Dash
  • jd87
  • Galah
  • Horseheadsup
  • Broncos Maestro
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.