First Test- Australia v New Zealand at the 'Gabba.

Australia clearly in a nice position but I am not writing these two off as having an impact.

Williamson's last 10 Test digs; 192, 54, 31*, 242*, 132, 27, 0, 52*.

Williamson and Watling also put on the biggest 6th wicket partnership ever in January with 365.

Williamson is world class. He looks fantastic. I'd be happy to put him on top of the pile of the young batsmen in world cricket.

Can't believe Australia didn't take these batters to England instead of Watson , Clarke , Rogers

Rogers scored 480 runs in the Ashes. I think he gave value! Khawaja was on crutches and in the middle of 12 months off. Burns is still a bit of a mystery. Clarke and Watson on form should have been dropped but they had no one to replace them and dropping the captain is a big call.

Did he? Where? I didn't see or hear that.

And 24 hours ago? So your telling me that Warner made the exact same comment as mine before a ball had been bowled, even though my comment was criticising the ridiculous captaincy decisions McCallum made throughout the first day.

Ermahgerd you guys, Warner is psychic!

Honestly that is ridiculous. You do know that 'Gabba wasn't the first Test ever? Mccallum has done the same things before. Warner said this the other day.

Warner remains clearly displeased with McCullum, who has introduced what effectively is a no-sledging policy within the Black Caps.
"I don't understand how a current cricket captain decides to play this brand of cricket on the field, which is Mr Nice Guys, then all of a sudden think he can comment on the way an Ashes series is panned out," Warner said on Tuesday.

"For one, he has never played in an Ashes series, and two, he doesn't know what it's like to play in an Ashes series. It's what we do out there. We play against England, we play an Ashes series. He should actually just watch the game and try and work out what they have to do to try and beat us instead of commenting on it.

"At the end of the day, you are not playing for the spirit of cricket award. You are playing for a series. For us, our goal is to win the series," he said.

Last edited:
Honestly that is ridiculous. You do know that 'Gabba wasn't the first Test ever? Mccallum has done the same things before. Warner said this the other day.

Warner remains clearly displeased with McCullum, who has introduced what effectively is a no-sledging policy within the Black Caps.
"I don't understand how a current cricket captain decides to play this brand of cricket on the field, which is Mr Nice Guys, then all of a sudden think he can comment on the way an Ashes series is panned out," Warner said on Tuesday.

"For one, he has never played in an Ashes series, and two, he doesn't know what it's like to play in an Ashes series. It's what we do out there. We play against England, we play an Ashes series. He should actually just watch the game and try and work out what they have to do to try and beat us instead of commenting on it.

"At the end of the day, you are not playing for the spirit of cricket award. You are playing for a series. For us, our goal is to win the series," he said.

Look I'm not getting into this with you, because we all knows what happens in these things.

My point is I didn't read what Warner had said and I didn't copy him. My comment was based around I think it is ridiculous this bullshit that McCallum carries on with and if you are going to butt into things that are not your business you should make sure your own shit doesn't stink.

Look I'm not getting into this with you, because we all knows what happens in these things.

My point is I didn't read what Warner had said and I didn't copy him. My comment was based around I think it is ridiculous this bullshit that McCallum carries on with and if you are going to butt into things that are not your business you should make sure your own shit doesn't stink.

I was being humorous; I don't honestly think you plagerised Warner.If you were going to copy someone's opinion I doubt it would be Warner.

I think as an international captain, he has every right to comment on international cricket. He has more right than every other journo, fan and punter around the world and they're all having a say every day.

Australia batting again with a 239 run lead.

A devastating last session from the Aussies. Superb bowling from all of our main bowlers. Mitch and Mitch with 2 a piece and Hazlewood got the first wicket. In a strong position now. My bet for the draw @$5 is all but gone now.

you can still hope for rain

The best young bats are - Smith, Root, Williamson, Latham, Kohli, de Kock are the best young bats in world cricket in that 27-under age bracket.

C'mon Burns! Really hoping he gets his ton.

This has just been 2 hours of non stop highlights sensational batting by Warner and Burns.

Would love Burns to score his ton today.

Burnsey!!!!

Maiden test century congrats mate

Stoked for the young man. Not the greatest opponent today but it is the way he has done it that impresses me the most today.

The best young bats are - Smith, Root, Williamson, Latham, Kohli, de Kock are the best young bats in world cricket in that 27-under age bracket.

Latham and de Kock are well behind the other 4 IMO.

Joe Burns stats across his first 6 test innings -

Average - 57.66
Strike-Rate - 78.63
50's - 3
100's - 1

A small sample size, but very promising, hopefully he gets all 6 tests this Summer to cement his spot.

Joe Burns stats across his first 6 test innings -

Average - 57.66
Strike-Rate - 78.63
50's - 3
100's - 1

A small sample size, but very promising, hopefully he gets all 6 tests this Summer to cement his spot.

You would think his efforts at the Gabba have given him the summer as our opener. Hopefully he scores more runs this summer so his position never gets questioned.

Williamson has brought up his 50, Kiwis making us work hard.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Shane Tronc
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Morkel
  • thenry
  • Manofoneway
  • Brotherdu
  • jarro65
  • Foordy
  • Morepudding
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Kev_Guz
  • Lurker
  • Browny
  • Justwin
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.