First Test- Australia v Pakistan

I can sort of understand Cartwright for the ODIs, but cannot understand for the life of me in tests. 2 wickets @ 76 for the Sheffield Shield season says it all. As Gideon Haigh has said, even Maddinson would be a better bowling option.

I can sort of understand Cartwright for the ODIs, but cannot understand for the life of me in tests. 2 wickets @ 76 for the Sheffield Shield season says it all. As Gideon Haigh has said, even Maddinson would be a better bowling option.

Four from five FC games this year at 74.75

(Not that it changes your point at all.)

15 from 16 games at 41.93 in his career. His bowling has improved this year from survivable very medium pace to adequate medium pace. Test quality I am unsure. If they only want 10 overs- maybe but if something goes wrong and he needs to bowl 20 things are going to go badly.

Isn't it the point though that we need a batting all rounder, so we pick a batting all rounder? I am a massive fan as I have mentioned and even I am willing to say it is probably a season too early but I'm not complaining, he is a gun.

I personally think we're just trying to increase our quota of test players born outside of Australia.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Astro
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • NSW stables
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.