First Test- Australia v Pakistan

Yeah India is looking extremely strong, especially at home.

303 off 381 balls for Nair with 32x 4's & 4x 6's - In his 3rd test match.

If India could find two quality quicks, they'd dominate test cricket for the next 5-7 years. Their batting alone will keep them in games away from the sub-continent.

Waqar and Wasim say Hi.

Even with both of them and Imran they couldn't get a win here. Great fast bowlers no doubt but they couldn't take advantage of the conditions here.

Good if they do start enforcing follow ons, finally get over the Waugh years and the effect of THAT test in India.

I don't think it's the Kolkata game that causes us to not do it. It's rest and bowlers backing up twice. As it worked out this Test they bowled a huge effort anyway and following on might have saved that.

Starc was keen to, Smith said pitch it up.

Fair enough too but when you aren't getting guys out, even when you are, what's the harm with keeping it fresh through bumpers? I watched a lot of that second innings and it must have been many overs between the wicket taking bumper and the last one before it.

For India, I'm thinking:

1. Warner
2. Renshaw
3. Khawaja (I'm not sold on him against spin)
4. Smith
5. Handscomb
6. Head
7. Whiteman/Nevill
8. Agar
9. Starc
10. Hazlewood
11. Lyon

I'd go with SOK but just don't trust his durability these days.

HOLLAND!

He's out best spinner outside of Lyon.

27 wickets this year at 18, made his Test debut in Sri Lanka and has now backed it up four or more wickets four times this summer.

Terrific last year in the Final, and has only improved since then.

Yeah he will probably get the nod, I just don't rate him that highly and think Agar is a better option. The fact Agar can bat also helps, plus he has taken a 10-for this year already and when not injured, has been very impressive.

Holland is a better wicket tacker than Agar right now, that's for sure, but Agar is wayyyyyyyyy younger and has plenty more upside with the bat. Just depends which way we wanna go for the 2nd spinner, a sure thing or a bit of a gamble (a la Renshaw)

Is Holland a sure thing though? Taking wickets against mediocre Aussie domestic batsmen is a world away from India's very, very best on their pitches.

That isn't to say Agar will do any better but even if Holland is better, which is arguable, and Agar's batting is a massive advantage for his inclusion.

Dunno I think Agar's batting is still really developing, he's a less consistent Mitch Marsh, and that's saying something, he only has 2 first class tonnes and no runs at all in recent memory.

21, 5, 15, 35, 6, 33, 1, 47, 6 @ 18.77 are his scores this season in Shield / Matador

Agar is batting at 8 at the moment. They're either declaring or he's getting no time at the crease. He's very much a tail ender now.

He's no threat with the bat.

Even with both of them and Imran they couldn't get a win here. Great fast bowlers no doubt but they couldn't take advantage of the conditions here.
Also indicates that the Problem lies with their Batting technique. Bat way out in front of pads and little to no foot movement. Having said that, they did well in England. Next 2 tests will be interesting. Have they found their mojo? I'm not convinced by that 2nd innings on that pitch with the pink ball.

Allrounder Hilton Cartwright added to Australia’s squad for Boxing Day Test against Pakistan at the MCG.

@Sproj boner incoming

Edit: Was it you who loved Cartwright? I can't remember anymore, someone did..

Allrounder Hilton Cartwright added to Australia’s squad for Boxing Day Test against Pakistan at the MCG.

@Sproj boner incoming

Edit: Was it you who loved Cartwright? I can't remember anymore, someone did..

Yeah it's me. Probably slightly before his time but I'm keen for him to get the next two tests! He is a gun bat and his bowling is more than serviceable. I really rate him.

Some people are blowing up about the selection of Whiteman. I think he isn't a bad player and could be the all rounder we need.

Some people are blowing up about the selection of Whiteman. I think he isn't a bad player and could be the all rounder we need.

What? Whiteman is a keeper and hasn't been selected.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Jazza
  • Financeguy
  • mitch222
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Alec
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • whykickamoocow
  • Shane Tronc
  • Tim K
  • phoenix
  • Skathen
  • NSW stables
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.