International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Tevita pangai jr fy41vyj41nvi1ar8hgvj2mrmp

Tevita Panga Jr considering choosing NSW Blues over Tonga

November 2, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
He will be great for Qld in Origin. The bloke is quality, but he is so ill disciplined and gives away so many dumb penalties Queensland are bound to benefit.

Must admit, I'm starting to grow tired of the bloke if it's true. Don't have an issue with him chasing playing origin or chasing big money contracts, but he is starting to sound a bit like a football mercanary. He needs to keep his mouth shut a bit more and let his football do the talking.

He will be great for Qld in Origin. The bloke is quality, but he is so ill disciplined and gives away so many dumb penalties Queensland are bound to benefit.

Must admit, I'm starting to grow tired of the bloke if it's true. Don't have an issue with him chasing playing origin or chasing big money contracts, but he is starting to sound a bit like a football mercanary. He needs to keep his mouth shut a bit more and let his football do the talking.

We’re all feeling that a bit I think. Journo’s love to spin but if he doesn’t say anything, he can’t be (mis)quoted.

Agreed on the penalties thing too. He needs to cut that shit before it costs his team an important game.

He needs to have a long hard think about what kind of player/person he wants to be. Someone who chases the dollar, bounces around the league on a whim and does dumb shit on the field, or a well liked, iconic-for-this-generation player that was the best he could be. Doesn’t even have to be for just our club either.

I couldn’t agree more, I must say I was starting to worry I was the only one that is starting to think this.

Don’t get me wrong, he is a great player and I really like him but the shine is starting to come off tbh. He seems to be very easily lead and every week it is something different. One week he is a proud Tonga, the next Freddy has him thinking about playing for NSW. One week his “a Bronco for life” the next he came here for Wayne and will have to do what is best for him.

I’m just a bit over it.

I’d rather joe offa everyday of the week. Seems a lot more grounded and humble. Tpj also has a long way to go before he should ever be mentioned in the same sentence as Jason taumalolo

If he was waiting for November 1st to sign a contract and it was being hyped for months, why wasn't it announced on the 1st? Same goes for Oates? Has he signed or not?

If he was waiting for November 1st to sign a contract and it was being hyped for months, why wasn't it announced on the 1st? Same goes for Oates? Has he signed or not?

New management probably gotta negotiate now.

Probably better for us if he does play for nsw. Assuming that's an extra 90k a year, money may not play as much of a role.

Eh, as a fan I agree but trying to be objective I don’t see the issue at all. A lot of people make good money off of these young vlokes destroying their bodies and risking their brain cells during their 20s and then as soon as any of them aren’t up to scratch they are thrown on the scrap heap. Everyone will talk up loyalty but so does every hr in every heartless company in Australia.

So if guys like TPJ or Sonny Bill want to to milk the system for every cent they can before retiring then good for them. They’re the smart ones. It’s funny how clubs are expected to be cut throat and completely self serving to achieve success but if players have that mentality they are hated for it.

Eh, as a fan I agree but trying to be objective I don’t see the issue at all. A lot of people make good money off of these young vlokes destroying their bodies and risking their brain cells during their 20s and then as soon as any of them aren’t up to scratch they are thrown on the scrap heap. Everyone will talk up loyalty but so does every hr in every heartless company in Australia.

So if guys like TPJ or Sonny Bill want to to milk the system for every cent they can before retiring then good for them. They’re the smart ones. It’s funny how clubs are expected to be cut throat and completely self serving to achieve success but if players have that mentality they are hated for it.

I think with him currently its what he is saying rather than what he might do. He seems to come across as one thing then its like he backflips. Could be as well i just remember some articles wrong. I've always had the impression he likes to come across as a loyal person. Like i said before though, i dont have any issue with any player doing whats best financially for themselves.

He is in America at the moment. He said publicly he will sign once he is back.

Last edited:
but he hasn't said it 659 times yet ... so people don't believe him
He's all over the place at the moment so he's hard to trust. What's Corey's excuse?

I think with him currently its what he is saying rather than what he might do. He seems to come across as one thing then its like he backflips. Could be as well i just remember some articles wrong. I've always had the impression he likes to come across as a loyal person. Like i said before though, i dont have any issue with any player doing whats best financially for themselves.

Yeah it would probably be better from a personal PR stand point for him to say less.

He's all over the place at the moment so he's hard to trust. What's Corey's excuse?

how about it is hard to negotiate a contract in 2.5 days ... there is more to it than just an overall $$$ figure and length

how about it is hard to negotiate a contract in 2.5 days ... there is more to it than just an overall $$$ figure and length
You'd think it would already have been put forward if they've both agreed to stay already

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • Lurker
  • Jedhead
  • bert_lifts
  • Rambstien
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • Astro
  • Mustafur
  • bazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Manifesto
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.