Folau has no regrets - would say it all again

Status
Not open for further replies.
New testament too! Slavery and incest were totally cool in the bible right along with genocide! Great book, oh so moral. Best keep the discussion in the right thread though.😉
Just to be clear mate, i am an Atheist, i don't believe in any of this nonsense, but just because i dont believe in it, it doesn't give me the right to persecute the person who does.
This is the core of the Israel situation.
People like Unbreakable are doing their best to discredit me with nonsense because he seems to think i am defending Israels beliefs, apparently he is too simple to understand i am defending his rights to believe whatever he wants free of persecution.
I am all for civil conversation in regards to this, but he seems incapable of that so he is being ignored from here on out.

Sweet jezus would you **** off already?

It's as bad as saying you are going to hell for being black, or white, or a woman or whatever. It's bigotry. You have the right to bigotry. Employers have the right to not hire and promote bigots and their bigotry.

End.

The rest is religious apologists and their bullshit 'religious freedoms' - translation, the right to bigotry.

I think that pretty much sums up how ignorant you are about the topic, and how detached from modern society you are for that matter.
So you are saying, he is not free to talk about his religion in public?
You are completely missing the point, i can slow it right down and spell it out for you if that will make it easier?
Do i agree with Israels message? Hell no.
Do i agree that he should be able to talk about his religion, even if i don't agree with it? Hell yes.
Got it? you understand yet? or do i need to dumb it down for you even further?
You have spent more time attacking me on this topic, as though i am supporting Israels religion yet you fail to realize i am not religious at all, and my defense of Israel is strictly his freedom to believe in his chosen faith.
I am not going to explain this to you again, if you don't get it by now, you never will.
Anyway mate, you and i are incapable of civil conversation so i wont be replying to you from here on out. Feel free to continue your personal attacks because someone doesn't agree with you.

Last edited:
You are completely missing the point, i can slow it right down and spell it out for you if that will make it easier?
Do i agree that he should be able to talk about his religion, even if i don't agree with it? Hell yes.
You have spent more time attacking me on this topic, as though i am supporting Israels religion yet you fail to realize i am not religious at all, and my defense of Israel is strictly his freedom to believe in his chosen faith.
I am not going to explain this to you again, if you don't get it by now, you never will.
Anyway mate, you and i are incapable of civil conversation so i wont be replying to you from here on out. Feel free to continue your personal attacks because someone doesn't agree with you.
Do you understand Israel signed a contract saying he wouldn't do the exact thing that he did?

Do you understand Israel signed a contract saying he wouldn't do the exact thing that he did?
I do, and that is part of his case against the ARU. It is flat out illegal to try and enforce a contract that states you cannot continue employment if you publicly share your religious beliefs.
I am not certain if that is the way the contract is worded, i would be more inclined to believe the contract specifically mentions bringing the game into disrepute with offensive social media content.
However, deeming religious opinion "offensive content" is itself considered religious oppression and will play a part in his case.
Like i said earlier, the government is looking to bring in laws that clear up what constitutes free religious speech vs vilification against any other group, ie - homosexuals, drunks, adulterers etc.

Last edited:
I do, and that is part of his case against the ARU. It is flat out illegal to try and enforce a contract that states you cannot continue employment if you publicly share your religious beliefs.
I am not certain if that is the way the contract is worded, i would be more inclined to believe the contract specifically mentions bringing the game into disrepute with offensive social media content.
However, deeming religious opinion is itself considered religious oppression and will play a part in his case.
Like i said earlier, the government is looking to bring in laws that clear up what constitutes free religious speech vs vilification against any other group, ie - homosexuals, drunks, adulterers etc.
He signed it though, he hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Sweet jezus would you **** off already?

It's as bad as saying you are going to hell for being black, or white, or a woman or whatever. It's bigotry. You have the right to bigotry. Employers have the right to not hire and promote bigots and their bigotry.

End.

The rest is religious apologists and their bullshit 'religious freedoms' - translation, the right to bigotry.
SO BAN THE BIBLE! Because that is what the bible teaches, and Israel is following those teachings, not enforcing them, or inventing them, he is quoting scripture.
And honestly, you can **** right off if you are incapable of civil conversation.
I am keeping this civil, and have been personally attacked by two members now who are seemingly incapable of adult conversation.
ban the Quran while you are it, it also says that adulterers and homosexuals go to hell, but i dont see you getting all outraged over that huh!

Last edited:
I don't believe Midean when they say they aren't religious. Calling bullshit.

He signed it though, he hasn't got a leg to stand on.
Nope wrong. It would be no different to signing a contract that says you can maintain employment so long as you don't endorse homosexuality. The contract itself would be illegal, regardless of your signature.
This is why i believe Israel is taking this to court. Because the breach is based on his religious belief, thus religious discrimination.

Haven't had a single personal attack on you yet snowflake, it's called a disagreement. Might wanna stop playing the victim card mate, it's not a good look, haha. Makes you look mentally fragile.

I don't believe Midean when they say they aren't religious. Calling bullshit.
Believe what you like haha, i could care less what you think mate.
I believe in god as much as i believe in santa claus and the tooth fairy, but that is neither here nor there.

SO BAN THE BIBLE! Because that is what the bible teaches, and Israel is following those teachings, not enforcing them, or inventing them, he is quoting scripture.
And honestly, you can **** right off if you are incapable of civil conversation.
I am keeping this civil, and have been personally attacked by two members now who are seeming incapable of adult conversation.
ban the Quran while you are it, it also says that adulterers and homosexuals go to hell, but i dont see you getting all outraged over that huh!

Most sensible religious people IGNORE the bullshit in the bible, of which there is a **** ton. Israel cannot do it, not because he is 'practicing his beliefs' - because he is religious fundamentalist. He CAN'T keep it to himself, like a reasonable person does AT WORK - therefor he was fired.

If you want to run a business and have your employees alienating potential customers with religious bigotry, good luck to you. You can crap on about defending his right to 'free speech' or you can wake up to yourself and understand the distinction here.

Anyway, at the end of the day, the laws need to change to protect groups from vilification from people practicing free religious speech as the two do not go hand in hand based on the teachings of certain religions.
You cant preach your religion, if that religion vilifies a specific group, in this case homosexuals.
Perhaps the entire religious fraternity in Australia needs to be overhauled, because people are being taught this vitriolic hateful bullshit ever single Sunday, in every church across the country.

Most sensible religious people IGNORE the bullshit in the bible, of which there is a **** ton. Israel cannot do it, not because he is 'practicing his beliefs' - because he is religious fundamentalist. He CAN'T keep it to himself, like a reasonable person does AT WORK - therefor he was fired.

If you want to run a business and have your employees alienating potential customers with religious bigotry, good luck to you. You can crap on about defending his right to 'free speech' or you can wake up to yourself and understand the distinction here.
I completely understand the distinction.
And believe it or not, i hope the ARU wins the case.
Because as it stands, the laws are on Israels side at the moment in terms of free religious speech.
That needs to change.
[automerge]1571559606[/automerge]
This situation is not exclusive to Australian sport either.
And this dude won his case.
There is a reason this is in court.
Doesn't make it right, and laws need to change, but there it is.

Last edited:
I completely understand the distinction.
And believe it or not, i hope the ARU wins the case.
Because as it stands, the laws are on Israels side at the moment in terms of free religious speech.
That needs to change.
[automerge]1571559606[/automerge]
This situation is not exclusive to Australian sport either.

He won't win, but who knows? We have a religious nutjob for PM at the moment. I believe Israel has the right to say what he likes, I also believe Rugby Australia has the right to fire him for what could justifiably be defined as hate speech, as the distinction between homosexuals and the rest of the groups he attacked has already been made clear.
[automerge]1571559933[/automerge]
LOL, what?? Haven't you just spent the last 5 pages vehemently denying that Israel did anything wrong? WTF?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Foordy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brocko
  • Stix
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.