Folou signed by the broncos

Nobody not even the other guys in the team know what the other is on.I remember Lewis saying that if you did you would be getting pretty Sh***y if you found out one was on more than you and you thought you deserved more.Understandably so to.

i nice little townhouse apartment however probably hasnt gone astray. [icon_wink (thoughts of Orford)

Frank the Tank said:
Coxy said:
It is confirmed that Folau is NOT going to be the highest paid player at the club next year. At least Lockyer and Hodges are both higher paid. Possibly Hunt too.
Frank sure hopes that Hunt isn't getting paid more than Folau - he's one of the most overrated players in the game in Franks opinion.

Yeah, not too many people share Frank's opinion thankfully.

Hmmm, I'm waiting for JW to come in and defend Hunt's honour. I know he's a big fan.

Coxy said:
Yep, was just having a chat with the Broncos media man and he said the same thing about the term of the contract (2 years + 2 year option). They never speak about salaries.

I guarantee it's less than $400000 a year, and more likely between $250K and $300K.

He's going to be quite a bit less than he could've got at the Storm then if that's the case.

Patten? [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Did Frank make that assessment of Bowen with his blistering performance on Friday night?

Blistering, mainly because the bloke stood still so much his feet would've surely gotten blisters from rubbing on the same part of his boots.

Hunt is the No.1 FB in our game.

Why? safe under the high ball, runs the ball back hard to gain valuable metres, great vision in attack and defense and positional play is exceptional.

Watching Foxnews just now with Belcher.
All seem to be drooling over what the Broncs have to offer in their team next year. icon_smile

Waldron is not a happy chappy though ey even though he says no man is bigger than the team and they will recruit just as well as what Izzie is.
Stirring the pot for the game this weekend with his comments though on our team and club.No love lost at all even if Bruno is trying to be very cool.
He is already on about interest in our cap next year and how the kids who are with us must be feeling [eusa_naugh

Frank the Tank said:
[quote="mick!":h7vilon9]Did Frank make that assessment of Bowen with his blistering performance on Friday night?

Blistering, mainly because the bloke stood still so much his feet would've surely gotten blisters from rubbing on the same part of his boots.
No, Frank was very disappointed in Bowens M.I.A showing on Friday night. But surely you are not going to try and say that Hunt is better than Bowen? Have you watched any Rugby League in the last 3 years? Matt Bowen has won games for the Cowboys - and Queensland - more times than Hunt has winked at himself in the mirror - and that's a lot.[/quote:h7vilon9]

Mal doesn't understand why Frank speaks the way he does.

Frank the Tank said:
[quote="mick!":3srsd92l]Did Frank make that assessment of Bowen with his blistering performance on Friday night?

No, Frank was very disappointed in Bowens M.I.A showing on Friday night. But surely you are not going to try and say that Hunt is better than Bowen? Have you watched any Rugby League in the last 3 years? Matt Bowen has won games for the Cowboys - and Queensland - more times than Hunt has winked at himself in the mirror - and that's a lot.[/quote:3srsd92l]

Bowen has played more OUTSTANDING MotM performances where he has pulled something from nowhere to win the game.

He has also dropped more bombs and missed more tackles.

Bowen is undoubtedly one of the most dymanic attacking players in the game.

But mick! likes consistency from his team, and Hunt is one of the safest, most consistent fullbacks and players going around.

With next year's team set to boast Locky, Hodges and Folau, mick! doesn't think the Broncos particularly require another attacking dynamo to pull off miracle plays.

I agree with mick when he talks about a team that is going to have hodges folou lockyer and even wallace in their backline and then u throw in hunt who's individual attacking flair may not be at the same level as some other fullbacks but defensivly he's world class. Plus running off lockyer wallace hodges or folou I dont think he'll have to worry too much about his individual attacking ability and he doesnt seem to have a problem finding the tryline. So id take hunt over any fullback in the game!!

Frank the Tank said:
Disagree all you want, Frank doesn't care. Anyone whos been watching Rugby League for as long as Frank has knows that overall Matt Bowen is the far superior player.

Yeah, the Queensland and Australian selectors are utter morons. What do they know about picking winning teams anyway? Also, Matty has been so super dooper effective whenever he has played origin. Just remember that time he fooled that hopeless Mason into running straight past him to score under the sticks?

One of the things for me that makes Hunt stand out (apart from his play making skills etc) is the way he is always talking/yelling on the field (team moral and spirit i like to call it).

I know it's te job of a FB to talk to the team because they can see everything, but he exceeds that IMO. And really you can notice it when he's not there, alot of the time he's the first players to go up to a player that has made an error and giving him a tap and turning to the team with a "1 set" call. Also often first to an injured player (either on his own team or the opposition), and i've seen him on more then one occasion wait in backplay with an opposition until a trainer comes. I notice Hodges is starting to do it now aswell.... Probly doesn't affect his market value and how much his contracts are worth, but it's definatly a valuable characteristic, and i think there was a bit of talk that was one of the appealing factors for his selection in Origin and the Aussie team.

Bingo, wally. KH has leadership qualities that few fullbacks possess. It's why he's earmarked to move closer to the action in coming years. Though I'm not convinced he has the skills to be in the halves. And while he's so strong under the high ball, why move him?

Hunt has learnt from the best organising the defensive line from the back. It was my biggest concern when Lockyer moved to 5/8.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Manifesto
  • ChewThePhatt
  • heartly87
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • whykickamoocow
  • IceWorks
  • LGH
  • broncotville
  • Fozz
  • Spooky1013
  • cento
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.