Folou signed by the broncos

Lachy said:
4 year, 1.6 Million deal.

Nice little chunk of the cap there. But jesus, what a hell of a backline. I dread 2009 for any team!

We have very creative accountants so the cap impact will be spread over those years hehehehe

Gee I hope Folau is committed to the Broncos. Everything I'm reading just says "I signed to be closer to my family". I hope he also has a desire to fit in with the Broncos, and not just take home a big pay cheque and be close to mummy.

I don't think that'll be a huge problem Coxy.

He's spent the past six months lauding the success and professionalism of the Storm, publicly stating that would be the reason he re-signs and doesn't move to any other club.

While being with family etc. is always great, you can be sure he wouldn't move to a hell hole that he despised just to be near there, especially given the tight-knit and powerful community within the Storm.

Didn't Hodges state the same when he asked to be released from the Rooters.

The effect of being close to family can't be valued, but it will make him more settled and happy.

ALH said:

The effect of being close to family can't be valued, but it will make him more settled and happy.

Little bit different for Hodges back then. He wasn't happy at the Roosters, and wasn't getting on either.

Does Coxy, Mick, Jeb, Lachy etc. remember the trial in Toowoomba where we gave him absolute hell, and his family were there. Egg on our faces I think [icon_razz1

Nashy said:
ALH said:

Little bit different for Hodges back then. He wasn't happy at the Roosters, and wasn't getting on either.

Does Coxy, Mick, Jeb, Lachy etc. remember the trial in Toowoomba where we gave him absolute hell, and his family were there. Egg on our faces I think [icon_razz1

Not at all. He was a wanker then, and he'd admit it.

I still wear it as a badge of honour that I so got under his skin that he gave me the finger! [icon_lol1.

Fair enough then [icon_lol1.

His family was near us giving us hell as well weren't they?

Nashy said:

Yeah, I think they trotted out the same old tired line "what team do you play for?". Like to criticise a league player you have to BE a league player. Bah!

Coxy said:
Nashy said:

Yeah, I think they trotted out the same old tired line "what team do you play for?". Like to criticise a league player you have to BE a league player. Bah!

Classis stuff.

Now he has Captained our club, great turnaround and he is the best centre in the game, not that clown Gaz.

Back on Folau we will get to see our investment on Friday, can't wait. He was their most dangerous player on Sat.

On another issue Inglis looks like he has done plenty of eating/drinking over the off season.

Shoulder injuries make it hard to do a lot of stuff. He could have done (and I imagine did) a lot of running and cycling in the offseason, but still, no match fitness.

It'll take him a few weeks to get back into form. Hopefully at LEAST 1 more week anyway [icon_lol1.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/sp ... 63347.html

Brisbane Broncos CEO Bruno Cullen says the prized signing of boom centre Israel Folau will not open the floodgates for further raids on star Melbourne Storm players.

Cullen this morning also denied reports that Folau's contract was worth $1.6 million over four years, saying it was "considerably less" and structured as a two-year deal with a two-year option in Folau's favour.

Cullen this morning also denied reports that Folau's contract was worth $1.6 million over four years, saying it was "considerably less" and structured as a two-year deal with a two-year option in Folau's favour.

The deal allows the 18-year-old to renegotiate his contract after his first two years in Brisbane in the likely situation that his value increases further.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/no ... 66854.html

i thought the reports of Folaus contract may have been inaccurate (especially the one saying it was $2million for 4 years)

EDIT: doh you got in before me [icon_razz1

Yep, was just having a chat with the Broncos media man and he said the same thing about the term of the contract (2 years + 2 year option). They never speak about salaries.

I guarantee it's less than $400000 a year, and more likely between $250K and $300K.

Loving the Michaels > Folau call. Absolutely hilarious.

Coxy said:
Yep, was just having a chat with the Broncos media man and he said the same thing about the term of the contract (2 years + 2 year option). They never speak about salaries.

I guarantee it's less than $400000 a year, and more likely between $250K and $300K.

thats what i expected it would be

It is confirmed that Folau is NOT going to be the highest paid player at the club next year. At least Lockyer and Hodges are both higher paid. Possibly Hunt too.

OK, now I'm genuinely happy, and won't whinge anymore. icon_thumbs_u

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  • Foordy
  • cento
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.