Folou signed by the broncos

Indeed I do. It's the only good thing Bowen's ever done in Origin.

And he was playing on the wing.

But I do agree with Frank about selectors being idiots. They continually pick Matt Cooper, Matt King and Luke Bailey for rep honours.

Bowen in 2007 > Hunt > Bowen in anything but 2007.

It's pretty obvious IMO. At his best though (2007), Bowen is probably better than Hunt. But there is no doubt that they are the two best fullbacks in the world right now.

Coxy said:
Nashy said:
ALH said:
Didn't Hodges state the same when he asked to be released from the Rooters.

The effect of being close to family can't be valued, but it will make him more settled and happy.

Little bit different for Hodges back then. He wasn't happy at the Roosters, and wasn't getting on either.

Does Coxy, Mick, Jeb, Lachy etc. remember the trial in Toowoomba where we gave him absolute hell, and his family were there. Egg on our faces I think [icon_razz1

Not at all. He was a wanker then, and he'd admit it.

I still wear it as a badge of honour that I so got under his skin that he gave me the finger! [icon_lol1.

Frawley's a Rockstar [icon_wink

Frank the Tank said:
If any of you guys don't have the Cowboys Season DVDs for the last few years, Frank suggests you go get them - then there will be no doubt left in your mind over who is better.

To be fair Frank, why don't you just go and watch every minuet of every game that both players have played. While your there compare Bowens first 4 season's to Hunt's...

If your going to rabbit on with all this mumbo-jumbo, keep in mind the ages of the 2 players, when they debuted and how long they have both been playing the game (Bowen 2001, Hunt 2004) Bowen is like 26, Hunt is 21... Also keep in mind heights, build and weights of both players (these are contributing factors in how they move, Bowen is smaller and lighter then Hunt and alot faster).

End of the day Bowen has the experience over Hunt and his strengths are different to Hunt's. And i'd like to see how Bowen would of coped as a 17 year old playing Big Boys League. I'd love to be able to compare Bowen's first 4 seasons's to Hunt's. Remember Hunt scored 15 tries in his first season, and was a natural leader back in those days (probly a bit faster back then, played a fair bit lighter aswell).

Lachy said:
Coxy said:
Nashy said:
ALH said:
Didn't Hodges state the same when he asked to be released from the Rooters.

The effect of being close to family can't be valued, but it will make him more settled and happy.

Little bit different for Hodges back then. He wasn't happy at the Roosters, and wasn't getting on either.

Does Coxy, Mick, Jeb, Lachy etc. remember the trial in Toowoomba where we gave him absolute hell, and his family were there. Egg on our faces I think [icon_razz1

Not at all. He was a wanker then, and he'd admit it.

I still wear it as a badge of honour that I so got under his skin that he gave me the finger! [icon_lol1.

Frawley's a Rockstar [icon_wink

[icon_lol1.

Frank the Tank said:
If any of you guys don't have the Cowboys Season DVDs for the last few years, Frank suggests you go get them - then there will be no doubt left in your mind over who is better.

Why would a Bronco fan want a cowboys season review DVD?? The only use I would have for it is to start a fire. Wake up buddy your wrong, Bowen has far more weaknesses in his game than Hunt will ever have. One good run a game doesn't make a player good.

Well it's getting ugly. Waldron was on ch 7 news tonight alledging several Broncos players would have their noses out of joint that Folou has taken up much of the remaining salary cap and that apparently we have issues. He's really handling this poorly IMO. How coincidental we meet them this friday night. I give us a real chance of winning down there.

The Storm are rattled and we'll probably never meet them at a better time than we will this week. They're ripe for the picking.

anyone else cringe listening to the *** ball blow-in waldron insinuating the Broncos would have cap troubles knowing rightly that the broncos offered falou less than them, and then he goes and says there would be unrest at the broncos with players wandering how much of their contracts will be going to falou & that we would find out on SATURDAY! the stupid blow-in doesnt even know what day the games on.....

I can't believe the Storm. Sure they raised him and what not but hell that's football, it'd be a bit boring if players had to stay with the club that they began through, it'd only make it cheaper on the clubs cause they wouldn' have to offer much to keep them.

But he's basically saying that we're going to go over our cap (which is going to spark investigations into the Broncos over the next couple season's). And that there is going to be player unrest because about 6 broncos will be thinking Folau has taken part of their next contract.

Storm offered him $1mill for 3 seasons.. Bruno's saying it was alot less then the reported $1.6mill being reported. So we haven't offered him much more, if any then what the storm did.

It's not our fault thatthey had a feeder club in QLD, hence taking their young prodigies away from their families. And it's a big thing for an 18y.o to be that far away from his family, and for him his Church that he grew up with.
And gee it's not the Broncos fault they've worked hard and maintained a good name for themselves, and players want to play for us.

I say we stick the CEO's in a jumper send em out and let them go at each other.... Bruno ftw!!

Saw this all on Foxsports today.Waldron is really P***d and Bruno is playing it real cool.No love lost is what Storm CEO said today.
He is trying to unsettle our kids with his talk of them maybe not being there next year cos Izzie will have taken all the money.Love the Cap bit that he threw in to.

Understandable that's for sure and many Storm and Bronc hater fans are saying stick the kid in the Qld Cup :shock: .
All very nasty
Another thing to come up is that Bruno has arranged all this to come out to unsettle the Storm before the game.Belcher said it was rubbish cos if anything it was good cos now the Storm can move on and the kid will probably give it even more trying to prove a point.

I reckon Smiths wife would be into him now wanting to come back to Qld.I know how I felt when people got transferred back and we didnt when in the same type of situation.Poor Cam will be copping hell [icon_evillaugh

svWALDRON_narrowweb__300x455,0.jpg
35083375.JPG

many Storm and Bronc hater fans are saying stick the kid in the Qld Cup

Thats quite ironic isnt it considering the storm the Broncos copped when they did the same with hodges.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [eusa_clap.gi

Bronc haters come out with some real beauties in the feedback of Newspapers GC. [icon_confu

Does Frank the Tank think Brian Waldron has a point, being a Cowboys fan and all?

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been raised at all, I had a quick scan through the pages and did not see it, but when does Folou "have" to do his 2 year mission thingy as part of being a mormon ?

I thought they were supposed to do it fairly early in their adult life???

Cheers,
Guzza

guzza said:
Hi all,

Not sure if this has been raised at all, I had a quick scan through the pages and did not see it, but when does Folou "have" to do his 2 year mission thingy as part of being a mormon ?

I thought they were supposed to do it fairly early in their adult life???

Cheers,
Guzza

Religious leaders close to Israel Folau's family have good news for the Brisbane Broncos - and bad news for football teams at Mormon missions around the world.

A Mormon spokesman says there will be no pressure on Brisbane's star signing to put his football career on hold and fulfil a two-year mission for his church.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/mi ... 13286.html

Yeah i think he decided not to do it a little while ago.

His church leader in Brisbane was on the news last night and said that going to his church and being apart of it and showing his faith was a mission in itself or something like that.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MrRobot
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.