Folou signed by the broncos

mick! said:
Don't really see the big deal tbh.

2. Boyd
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Michaels

Centre and wings change around so much as it is. Anyone notice the #3 in Ty Williams standing on our sideline for the whole second half on Friday night? Exactly.

But, as others have said, something has got to give - and I'm afraid this will put the final nail in the coffin of Kemp and probably Robinson too.

But regardless, that's footy. Last year we had the likes of Thorn, Civo, Carlaw and Tate on HUGE money. What do we have now? A VALUE-laden forward pack which looks close to the best in the compt, and a pretty slick backline. Ennis, Sims, Hannant, Marsh and Clinton weren't signed on millions.

He could have been standing anywhere Mick and it wouldnt really have mattered.Ty probably didnt even know icon_smile

ohyeah said:
Boyd and Michaels to the Gold Coast Titties.
I rate Michaels but i don't see him staying if Titties offer him the big $$$

1. Hunt
2. Tupou
3. Folou
4. Hodges
5. Beale

[icon_pray.

Beale is not a winger but would be a great Utility who can slot into the halves or hooker.

I like the rest of the backline.

Anyone have a list of the players off contract at the Broncos at the end of the year?

bfoord said:
Anyone have a list of the players off contract at the Broncos at the end of the year?

The players that I know of are Boyd, Ennis, Michaels, TC (retiring) and Moon.

I'm pretty sure michalels resigned last year for a further 2-3 years so his contract not finishing, besides him the rest will be going elsewhere i think.

kimlo said:
I'm pretty sure michalels resigned last year for a further 2-3 years so his contract not finishing, besides him the rest will be going elsewhere i think.

He'd get a release if he asked.

I think we should definately do all we can to retain Ennis. I really rate him and given an extended run without any injuries i think he will show us all what he can do on the footy field. i was also really impressed with him on Friday night

Don't see anything wrong with Michaels continuing to play in the centres with Folao on the wing eusa_think

Michaels is going great guns in the centres and I like the idea of Hodges and Israel on the same side.

bfoord said:
I think we should definately do all we can to retain Ennis. I really rate him and given an extended run without any injuries i think he will show us all what he can do on the footy field. i was also really impressed with him on Friday night

He has talent but he has had a wretched run of injuries at our club.

This year is his make or break year.

I don't. Hodges has passed the ball to his winger, what, once in the last 3 games?

guppy said:
I don't. Hodges has passed the ball to his winger, what, once in the last 3 games?

Except folau is not robinson, hodges doesn't pass to him cause hes not that confident in him, but when you have folau next to you, you'd try your luck more often than not,
IMO Folau sh*ts all overs Robinson

ALH said:
bfoord said:

The players that I know of are Boyd, Ennis, Michaels, TC (retiring) and Moon.

I also think that stagg and hannant are on that list aswell but i think hannant is close to signing.

ohyeah said:
kimlo said:
guppy said:

Except folau is not robinson, hodges doesn't pass to him cause hes not that confident in him, but when you have folau next to you, you'd try your luck more often than not,
IMO Folau sh*ts all overs Robinson

Really? WTF you post some bullshyt [icon_drun

Good to see you post was very helpful and helped to add to the debate.
Maybe you should read through a thread before hitting the last page and commenting on the last post.

Honestly at least I don't post things like

"It's a known fact around Red Hill that for the past 2 years Boyd kept on getting picked even when he was playing like rubbish was because Wayne is very close to his family. Boyd's family is going through some very difficult times. I guess Wayne felt he would only make things worst if he was to s..."

"Boyd is a very average player. He relies others to setup tries. You won't ever see him score a try from his own skill. Wingers these days need to have the ability to create something from nothing. And Boyd does not have this ability. Anyone can finish off tries that are setup for them. He is as..."

"Can Boyd kick goals? NO
I would have DeVere over Boyd any day of the week.
You missed the point. Boyd supposed to have this "footy brain" only because when players that are usually labeled that, are players that are rubbish in attack."

You must be very glad that the broncos signed folau as there is a genuine chance boyd might leave. Folau can kick goals too

Having Folau there will definitely give us another option in attack in the air! It's been a while since we've had someone whos very capable in the air (attack wise).

The Rock said:
Jebadude said:
Don't see anything wrong with Michaels continuing to play in the centres with Folao on the wing eusa_think

Michaels is going great guns in the centres and I like the idea of Hodges and Israel on the same side.

He'd be wasted I reckon. Falou is tall, strong and athletic - Needs to use these attributes to his advantage, and that ain't on the wing. While on the other hand, Michaels isn't necessarily the most naturally gifted player so he'd be well suited on the wing finishing off tries. In fact, I'd had Folou and Michaels on one side with Hodges and Boyd on the other.

Valid point mate for sure. I don't think he'd be wasted though. I think if he is given a similar role to what Tuqiri and Sailor had (coming in off the wing, helping the forwards etc) then we would benefit greatly from that. Especially his finishing power and his ability in the air, we'd score plenty of points I reckon. If he is named as a winger doesn't necessarily mean he would play a role like Boyd and Robinson do now.

Why not put him at lock seeing as TC is going, that way neither boyd nor micheals has to miss out and izzy would get a lot of the ball against tiring forwards. Defense would be a worry though i guess

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hurrijo
  • Lostboy
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.