Folou signed by the broncos

Great signing and for that price he will be worth every dollar.

There is no quality backs available apart from Luke Lewis/Rooney and ther being shopped around for $350K - $400K, so for those who think it is too much who would you rather, those 2 just mentioned, or an 18yo "monster" who will still grow and has loads more talent and potential.

I think Tee mentioned the value of the deal, that it would be spread out over the next 4 yrs, which makes sense. I honestly think he will not be paid more than Hodges.

On the other issue of the Coach and 2 potential players, I am certain we will get Bellamy and potentially Inglis and Smith.

If we get Inglis he can play FB and we can move Hunt into the 6 once Locky retires. Smith will be our hooker rotating with PJ, I don't see Ennis being resigned this year unless he has a super season.

This year has started so well and I am already looking forward to 09.

kimlo said:
Channel 9 commentator just said we can confirm that brisbane signed folau for 4 years at an amount close to 500 per year hm..........

400k is pretty close to 500k a year.

Hes without doubt a superb buy, but i don't know about being great value considering he is more expensive then hodges. I really can't see him out playing hodges.

Good buy
Not so good value
I'm not complaining, Competition for spots = Performance

Players we have lost were bought through our ranks.

Of course Micheals is not up to Izzie.That is a silly statement. [icon_non Just hope we don't lose those kids though and yet keeping them is going to be hard.
Shouldnt have been released until seasons end IMO.Disruption is bad.

Not a fan of paying that much. It's going to go straight to his head, and we're going to have a 4 year dud on our hands.

Prove me wrong, please.

I hope Michaels has 22 blinders this season, just to prove his worth, and the mistake I think the Broncos have made.

kimlo said:
Hes without doubt a superb buy, but i don't know about being great value considering he is more expensive then hodges. I really can't see him out playing hodges.

Good buy
Not so good value
I'm not complaining, Competition for spots = Performance

Don't believe what is reported when it comes to $$$$, he won't be paid more than Hodges!.

Do you know the meaning of value?

He is 18 and has shown his talent, which has been recognised by everyone in the league world. The kid will only get better when he fully matures.

It's not a mistake, But paying 400k for him i think is dead wrong, if Melbourne offered him 1mil for 3 years BRONCOS SHOULD OF OFFERED LESS NOT MORE! His family is here, His church his here, he grew up here all these things should trim $$$$$$ off his price. I mean we didn't need anoteher outside back, even though im happy we got him I think its a dead set insult to justin hodges that he got signed for more than him, I wonder what hodgo is thinking.

Again its probably a load of sh*t and he probs got offered 1.2mil for the 4 years.

kimlo said:
It's not a mistake, But paying 400k for him i think is dead wrong, if Melbourne offered him 1mil for 3 years BRONCOS SHOULD OF OFFERED LESS NOT MORE! His family is here, His church his here, he grew up here all these things should trim $$$$$$ off his price. I mean we didn't need anoteher outside back, even though im happy we got him I think its a dead set insult to justin hodges that he got signed for more than him, I wonder what hodgo is thinking.

Again its probably a load of sh*t and he probs got offered 1.2mil for the 4 years.

Like above. I'm sure Hodges has been around long enough to know not to believe the media.

The Rock said:
Sorry, don't want to sound rude or anything but if you seriously prefer Michaels over Folou then you have massive rocks in your head.

Nothing official yet. But I feel I have to take centre stage for an important point of business here. If we're gonna sign this kid, we need to learn his name.

Not Folou. Not Faulo. Not Falou.

It's F-O-L-A-U!!!

[icon_razz1

The Rock said:
Sorry, don't want to sound rude or anything but if you seriously prefer Michaels over Folou then you have massive rocks in your head.

Agreed 100% - though frankly I don't care if it sounds rude or not. Easy to see that Folau has loads more potential than Michaels will ever have and with the lack of genuine quality backs in the market these days he's a superb signing. Plenty of players will come along who are capable of offering what Michaels does (for the same rate too). Almost no players are capable of offering what Folau does for what's being offered. Folau over Michaels eight days of the week.

Don't really see the big deal tbh.

2. Boyd
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Michaels

Centre and wings change around so much as it is. Anyone notice the #3 in Ty Williams standing on our sideline for the whole second half on Friday night? Exactly.

But, as others have said, something has got to give - and I'm afraid this will put the final nail in the coffin of Kemp and probably Robinson too.

But regardless, that's footy. Last year we had the likes of Thorn, Civo, Carlaw and Tate on HUGE money. What do we have now? A VALUE-laden forward pack which looks close to the best in the compt, and a pretty slick backline. Ennis, Sims, Hannant, Marsh and Clinton weren't signed on millions.

The only way I'd be really excited about this signing would be if it was a straight swap for Carroll but I have a feeling that the contract will be worth more than that. I really hope that the figures being quoted aren't true because that's a lot of money to be throwing at a centre. I'll wait to see who stays and who goes before I get too excited about this.

Leo said:
The Rock said:

Agreed 100% - though frankly I don't care if it sounds rude or not. Easy to see that Folau has loads more potential than Michaels will ever have and with the lack of genuine quality backs in the market these days he's a superb signing. Plenty of players will come along who are capable of offering what Michaels does (for the same rate too). Almost no players are capable of offering what Folau does for what's being offered. Folau over Michaels eight days of the week.

Yep for sure.

Michaels is a decent player, Folau on the other hand is a cracking player. He played test football in his first season FFS.

Unread

Active Now

• Dash
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • whykickamoocow
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Broncorob
  • kman
  • lynx000
  • Fatboy
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Porthoz
  • davidp
  • Old Mate
  • Sproj
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.