Folou signed by the broncos

This makes no sense. Will be great to see folau in a Broncos jersey, but at what cost to the club, how do we get our players to sign for less if we are going to blow close to reports of $500,000 a year on one player. There is more to this than meets the eye, i think. Bellamy is coming in 2010.

The kid did what his family asked of him.They want their boy home.
I can see the talk already about us buying a premiership just like Manly tried to do and the Chooks still do.

One guy fair enough.Bellamy does not light my fire nor do I wish to have half the Storm come with him.Stormin Broncs? [icon_thumbs_do

If we do this and it looks like it's in the wind then this isn't the Broncs I came through with :cry: I love the team we have and the players we have watched make it through the ranks to become who we are today.
This stinks of Bruno and I am pleased WB wont be at our club to cop the flack.

My prediction is that Locky won't play next year . [eusa_eh

Also if we are going to be paying him 500k a season, then when his contract expires there is absolutely no way we will be able to give him an increase. eusa_think

UMM!Get it right Rocky.One is fine I did say but the writing is there that there is a few more on the way.(Sounds like a war [icon_evillaugh

We are not paying him 500k a season. 2mill was the first guess, and news.com said 1.6 mill. So I'll say its closer to the later.

So he is probably on 350 the first year, 400 the second year 450 the 3rd year and 400k the last year. or something like that.

Either way its a lot of money. icon_thumbs_u

Does anyone actually know the value of Folaus contract? i've read reports that it was $1.2million over 4 years and others that it was 1.6million over 4 and finnaly some that say its 2million over 4. eusa_think

The Rock said:
Kee said:
The kid did what his family asked of him.They want their boy home.
I can see the talk already about us buying a premiership just like Manly tried to do and the Chooks still do.

One guy fair enough.Bellamy does not light my fire nor do I wish to have half the Storm come with him.Stormin Broncs? [icon_thumbs_do

If we do this and it looks like it's in the wind then this isn't the Broncs I came through with :cry: I love the team we have and the players we have watched make it through the ranks to become who we are today.
This stinks of Bruno and I am pleased WB wont be at our club to cop the flack.

My prediction is that Locky won't play next year . [eusa_eh

Oh come on, lighten up. Falou is probably our biggest signing since Gorden Tallis. It's hardly "buying" a premiership so I don't know why you would be concerned about people referring to us as buying a premiership.

Who have we bought these days? Wallace, Clinton, Sims...Falou?

And consider who we have lost in the past few seasons and this is just a few of them.

Shane Webcke
Petero Civoniceva
Brad Thorn
Shaun Berrigan
Dane Carlaw
Brent Tate

If we were to include all the other players who have also left in recent years I hardly see how anyone can claim we are buying a premiership especially considering the talent that is still playing for the club and coming through the ranks.

No - one will know for sure, unless your read his contract. Lots of speculation, I'd go for 1.6 personally.

But who knows, maybe he was that determined to come home, he accepted far far less. His home sickness, family and religion would have been in the Broncos corner,

Lots of dollars for a church ey!!! :oops: Hey Rocky that's just the way I feel about the Broncs and too many players from one other team if they come with their coach.It's cool if others think differant.
Just not my Broncs and what I love about them...... [icon_frown

See I told you folou had signed with brisbane!!

Id never post something unless it was definately true and withj something as big as the folou signing Id was postyive with what i heard!!

Cant wait to see folou in a broncos jersey!!

Confrmed for 4 years

Article is on BB Site and press confrence tomorrow at the training field!

The Rock said:
I bet Steve Michaels must be spewing.

Bloody oath he would mate. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see either Michaels or Boyd leave for the Titans once their contracts run out.

In fact, I'd almost bank on Michaels leaving.

Why would he? Put Hodges and Folau on one side and then Boyd and Michaels on the other? What's the big deal? Unless Kemp shows a rush of amazing form, I can't see any other players knocking Michaels off his centre position anytime soon.

SimplyBronco said:
Why would he? Put Hodges and Folau on one side and then Boyd and Michaels on the other? What's the big deal? Unless Kemp shows a rush of amazing form, I can't see any other players knocking Michaels off his centre position anytime soon.

Well I doubt Folau signed to play on the wing and it seems that Michaels really wants to play centre in the top grade. Two players into one position as I see it.

He'll do what he's told. If he's told to play wing, that's exactly what he'll do. If he doesn't like it, play reserve grade.

This should have been left till the END of the season.

Channel 9 commentator just said we can confirm that brisbane signed folau for 4 years at an amount close to 500 per year hm..........

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • davidp
  • Culhwch
  • broncsgoat
  • whykickamoocow
  • Big Del
  • Astro
  • Jedhead
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • kiwibronco
  • Mister Wright
  • broncomax
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.