Folou signed by the broncos

Aeetee said:
Well like I said the other 2 where possibilities. Nothing concrete, but I have heard one of them say "I would love to come home to QLD."

I'm pretty darn sure thats a direct quote from cameron smith am i right? But honestly why would broncos be looking for another hooker they already have 2(well 3 including mick roberts). I rembmer reading that in the courier mail back page article on cam smith coming home to QLD.

If Cameron Smith signs, I'd say Lockyer will finish up at the end of 2009, possibly go overseas for a couple of seasons..

GUYS I just got official news from Melbourne storm website

Melbourne Storm centre Israel Folau has informed the club and his teammates that the 2008 NRL season will be his last in Melbourne, and will return to Brisbane to play for the Broncos in 2009.

The opportunity to move home, be closer to his family and work with his church were the deciding factors for Folau when making his decision.

"It was a very tough decision, the hardest of my life, to leave the Melbourne Storm and sign for the Broncos," said Folau.

Read the rest @http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.asp?sec=1&ssec=1

kimlo said:
GUYS I just got official news from Melbourne storm website

Melbourne Storm centre Israel Folau has informed the club and his teammates that the 2008 NRL season will be his last in Melbourne, and will return to Brisbane to play for the Broncos in 2009.

The opportunity to move home, be closer to his family and work with his church were the deciding factors for Folau when making his decision.

"It was a very tough decision, the hardest of my life, to leave the Melbourne Storm and sign for the Broncos," said Folau.

Read the rest @http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.asp?sec=1&ssec=1

Yeah right, the deciding factor was the extra 100K. :roll:

the word is 'wants'

Why do I care what he wants to be called? His name is Cameron Smith. Little bit like people knowing what I want to be called, yet calling me by my first name.

I don't think he's going to get upset.

Broncos win battle to sign Folau
AAP

The Brisbane Broncos have won the battle to sign teenaged rugby league Test centre Israel Folau.

Folau, whose family lives in Brisbane, has been in discussions with the Broncos for some time, and alerted them on Sunday of his decision to leave premiers Melbourne and join them next year, Brisbane's website reports.

Broncos chief executive Bruno Cullen will hold a press conference at the Red Hill training venue at 10am in the morning.
Source http://nrl.com/News/Latest/tabid/10244/default.aspx?id=50311
For those of you who have fox sports I assume it will be live on fox 2 the press conference for the signing of folau WOHO!

Does anyone here know if the broncos will put it on the website in the BRONCOTV section ?

Aeetee said:
And you know "the secret"...... hahahahahahaha thats great, there are some Admins that don't even know ....yet hahahaha

I guessed well icon_thumbs_u

Lol sorry Kris, I would normally be happy to share info with a fellow procrastinator, but it's not mine to tell.

I'd say the two extras are Inglis and Smith. Someone called this 2-3 years ago, saying that all of Melbourne's stars (including Bellamy) were off contract at the same time and might be planning to head home. Who was it? I'm thinking Tee or Coxy? eusa_think

It was just mentioned on channel 9, during the Dogs vs Wests Tigers game.

It was Tee............but don't tell anyone........or was it Coxy eusa_think [icon_razz1

briareos said:
I honestly have no idea why we need to sign any more players...at least star players given the amount of depth we have in both the backs and forwards now.

I agree with you that we don't need any others, but if we've got players of Folau's, Smith's and Inglis' calibre saying "I want to go back to Brisbane" we'd be damn stupid not to listen.

Aeetee said:
It was Tee............but don't tell anyone........or was it Coxy eusa_think [icon_razz1

Haha some days I wonder if everything you say is just made up [icon_razz1 [icon_lol1.

I have proof, he has signed, I saw on the tigers v bulldogs game and also on the NRL website.

Hodges and falou= Invincible centre pairing :twisted:

Aeetee said:

I don't know if we need to sign these new 'potential' signings. Don't want to jump the gun or anything but Wallace handled things pretty well on Friday without Lockyer, and we have the likes of Green, Moon, Hunt, Ennis who are more than capable of slotting into the vacant spot. Carrol gone, we have Eastwood who played great on Friday.

I can't seem to think who we would sign- virtually our whole team is full of young players. Carroll and Lockyer the only two I can see retiring in the next few years. So I'm going to say that Smith would probably be one if Bellamy was confirmed as coach. I still think he would slot into the halfback slot- Wallace to 5/8th and Ennis / Marsh to continue rotating hooker roles.

Inglis can stay in Melbourne as far as I am concerned. Grab Morris from Tigers instead [icon_evillaugh

I feel we are turning into the Rooters.

Off-Topic. The Melbourne Storm website sucks some serious arse.

Hopefully not Smith or Inglis.

I really don't think we need them. Obviously Locky is going to retire, but I'd rather buy a 5/8 (unless we have a very damn good Junior come through). Inglis isn't a 5/8 he's a better Centre or Fullback. We've got Marsh and Ennis at hooker and they are both classy players themselves, One of them could always play 5/8 but still have to get rid of one probably

Also if we sign Someone like Inglis what happens to someone like Hunt? A player that really wants to stay at the Broncos for his career, and already has declined big offers form elsewhere. But if we sign Inglis i doubt we'd be able to keep him, especially with him having Hodges and Folau there aswell.

Hopefully Boyd and Michaels can stay (although i'm doubtful both of them will resign). Alot of the young fella's like Kemp, Davies, Robinson i can see leaving now aswell, especially if Boyd and Michaels resign (both of them are off contract aren't they?)

And it cant be possible to have... Hunt, Hodges, Inglis, Folau, Smith all in the same team (all QLD and Aussie reps), aswell as whatever reps we will have in the forwards (Thaiday, Hannant etc).

great news on the signing. he will add another dimension to the team. be like having another forward aka. dell and lote days.

if the price they said (2 million) is right it would have to mean we wont resign a few players.

So what happens if taylor doesnt have a good year???

once locky retires that will help though with paying him off.

Active Now

• davidp
  • bb_gun
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • Manlyman
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.