Folou signed by the broncos

Posting here, folau back flip

MELBOURNE teen sensation Israel Folau has pledged his allegiance to the Storm, saying he has no plans to quit the club despite keen interest from NRL rivals.

Australia's youngest international said he wanted to continue his development under New South Wales Origin coach Craig Bellamy.

Off-contract at season's end, Folau will be bombarded with offers - with Gold Coast and Brisbane leading the way - after a magnificent 2007 that included a premiership, Australian selection and 21 NRL tries-- a record for a debut season.

Folau, 18, could command about $350,000 a season.

"I'd like to stay - 100 per cent," Folau said. "There's a really good culture here. With the players and coaches here at Melbourne, why would I want to play anywhere else?

His agent, Isaac Moses, has held informal talks with the Storm and says his client is happy in Melbourne.

"If everything across the board is satisfactory, including the terms of a new deal, I'm pretty sure Izzy will stay," he said.

HAHAH, Thought I'd post this for a laugh [icon_razz1 How things change aye ? :D
(this was 11th march im pretty sure)

Didn't Hodges sign for under or close to 350k?? If so there is no way Folau is getting paid more than him. Folau is a great signing we really need another game breaker in the backs. I wouldn't believe everything you here in the media, most of the time they are spinning $HIT

The Daily Telegraph are saying that it is a $1.6 million four-year deal, not $2 million

kimlo said:
LMAO @ EXCLUSIVE lol, it was on rl first, anyway 1.6mil seems VERY CORRECT, but i still think thats a pumped up figure, would the broncos really pay him more than hodges?

^^^Read what i posted above Phuzzle, thanks champ icon_thumbs_u

Looks like you were right aeetee :P

Hehehe I was with close friend of mine "agent 99" on Friday arvo and they told me about Izzy then and how much he signed for and when it happened yadda yadda yadda, I was like "OMG really". Thinking they where pulling my leg I made a quick phone call to "agent x" and they confirmed what I had heard and filled me in on some other up and coming events that we will see unfold in the future and seeing as agent x told agent 99 I felt pretty silly. :mrgreen:

Stay tuned people this is just the beginning.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=15512

Confirmed. Holy shite. Hope this doesn't affect the form of Michaels and Boyd :-(

This is massive. 2009 -

1. Hunt (Qld/Aust fullback)
2. Boyd
3. Michaels
4. Hodges (Qld/ Aust Centre
5. Falou (Qld/Aust Wing)
6. Lockyer (Qld/Aust 5/8)
7. Wallace (NSW half potentially)

All we need is Cam Smith and Craig Bellamy - not as if Rugby League in Melbourne is anything more than a fad anyway.

courier mail website says 1.6 mill

EXCLUSIVE BRISBANE is set to announce it has signed superstar centre Israel Folau to a $1.6 million four-year deal.

The Courier-Mail has learned Folau informed his teammates after Melbourne's 10-6 loss to the Roosters on Saturday night he planned to return home to Brisbane next season.
Folau, who made his Test debut against New Zealand late last year, has been the subject of a drawn-out tug-of-war between Brisbane and Melbourne – who meet in next Friday's grudge match at Olympic Park.

The teenager, who is a devout Mormon, has been wrestling between returning to Brisbane to be closer to his family, or remaining in Melbourne with his premiership winning teammates.

Folau would be considered Brisbane's highest profile signing since multiple premiership-winner Glenn Lazarus.

Holy hell that's gunna be an awesome backine... My 3 fav NRL players at the Broncs to (Hunt, Hodges Folau). Will be a bugger come origin time though.

subsbligh said:
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=15512

Confirmed. Holy shite. Hope this doesn't affect the form of Michaels and Boyd :-(

This is massive. 2009 -

1. Hunt (Qld/Aust fullback)
2. Boyd
3. Michaels
4. Hodges (Qld/ Aust Centre
5. Falou (Qld/Aust Wing)
6. Lockyer (Qld/Aust 5/8)
7. Wallace (NSW half potentially)

All we need is Cam Smith and Craig Bellamy - not as if Rugby League in Melbourne is anything more than a fad anyway.

As much as I love Michaels, I think Folau has alot more to offer in the centres. I would go with something like.

1. Hunt
2. Michaels
3. Hodges
4. Folau
5. Kemp/Boyd/Beale (would prefer Kemp)
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace

In regards to what Aeetee has said, I recall Smith saying something along the lines of returning to Brisbane as a possibility. Maybe seeing Smith, Folau and Bellamy in 09 isn't as far-fetched as first thought. Smith would probably come for a year for when Lockyer retires and slip into his pay bracket (or close). In which case :)

1. Hunt
2. Michaels
3. Hodges
4. Folau
5. Kemp
6. Wallace
7. Smith
9. Ennis
14. Marsh

Would be interesting

Aeetee said:
Hehehe I was with close friend of mine "agent 99" on Friday arvo and they told me about Izzy then and how much he signed for and when it happened yadda yadda yadda, I was like "OMG really". Thinking they where pulling my leg I made a quick phone call to "agent x" and they confirmed what I had heard and filled me in on some other up and coming events that we will see unfold in the future and seeing as agent x told agent 99 I felt pretty silly. :mrgreen:

Did you use the cone of silence.

BTW: Are you Maxwell Smart.

You can PM the other details. [icon_lol1.

Can the broncos really afford any more stars? I mean were a young team lockys pay is probably going to go to upgrading all the contracts of our players(The younger ones anyway and probs wallace if he keeps rising like he is), but gee whiz, I don't think we need cam smith, pj marsh is a brilliant player tbh, I don't think broncs will chase cam smith.

Broncos has to have the most star studded side in the competition BUT WHO WILL BE THE COACH

I'm assuming they will mention it on channel 9 4pm football coverage, they would probably say it post-match.

Yeah, we don't really need Cam Smith for now. Michael Ennis CAN play similar to Cam Smith, but he just needs an injury free period with the side.
Still, 400,000K...wow. He better play like Justin Hodges on steroids.

Kaz said:
Aeetee said:

Did you use the cone of silence.

BTW: Are you Maxwell Smart.

You can PM the other details. [icon_lol1.

No cone of silence sorry [icon_lol1.

And no I can't pm you any details. [icon_razz1

I think this makes Bellamy a firm favourite for coach. I'd go so far as to say they've already agreed on terms, but it's just not official yet.

Aeetee said:
...filled me in on some other up and coming events that we will see unfold in the future and seeing as agent x told agent 99 I felt pretty silly. :mrgreen:

Am I right Mr Tee? AM I? [icon_ee [icon_lol1.

Well Schimixy lets just say when I/we know,I'm sure you will be one of the chosen ones to be filled in. [icon_lol1.

schmix said:
I think this makes Bellamy a firm favourite for coach. I'd go so far as to say they've already agreed on terms, but it's just not official yet.

Aeetee said:
...filled me in on some other up and coming events that we will see unfold in the future and seeing as agent x told agent 99 I felt pretty silly. :mrgreen:

Am I right Mr Tee? AM I? [icon_ee [icon_lol1.

I thought about the same thing, schmix.

Is this the "i know a secret thing" ?!?!?

If apparently folau was 100% happy to stay at the storm and he signed with Brisbane, then who knows just like henry said hes not going anywhere, Bellamy may very well hit early with the broncos as well. HOPING SO TOO!

Hmmmm good call on the secret thing....................but no. hahahahaha

Ok hint time...... I'm hearing 4 new possible signings to happen for 2009 onwards

The coach will be one signing..derrrr....Izzy was the second.... 3 and 4....hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hmmm if Bellemy does become coach... are we going to have to make room for someone like Inglis....? after all he does have a get out clause doesn't he?..

Well Schimixy lets just say when I/we know,I'm sure you will be one of the chosen ones to be filled in. [icon_lol1.

Aw laaame. You already know! [icon_razz1

KrispyKris said:
Is this the "i know a secret thing" ?!?!?

Nah cos I know what that is - totally unrelated [icon_wink

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Rambstien
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • Morepudding
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.