Folou signed by the broncos

IMO no news is good news. Folau plays us this week. Now if you were going to re-sign with the Storm, then before the game against the team who is trying to poach you would be an ideal time to announce this (particularly coming off 2 straight losses). However, if you are going to sign with the team you are playing this week, wouldn't it maybe be better to hold off announcing the news until after you've played them? Of course I could be wrong and he'll announce the good news this week, but for the time being no news is good news IMO.

kimlo is a wind up merchant.

mick! said:
Nothing official yet. But I feel I have to take centre stage for an important point of business here. If we're gonna sign this kid, we need to learn his name.

Not Folou. Not Faulo. Not Falou.

It's F-O-L-A-U!!!

You do realise now Mick that every time you're involved in a discussion about Filour, people are going to spell Fulow wrong just to piss you off? [icon_razz1

This thread is a waste of time.

We are no closer to knowing who Folau will sign with.

This whole folau thing is giving me the shits to be honest, I mean seriously get over it and make a decision and stop holding up your teammates and other teams plans because you can't make up your mind(or don't want to be dropped from the team). Really in all honestly, I'm sort of hoping he doesn't sign, cause Micheal's, Boyd, Robinson and Kemp are good players and I'm expecting two to leave if folau comes :cry:

He shouldn't be forced to do anything quickly, especially during the season.

However, do agree with your final points. Don't want him here, we have some bloody good young guys in our ranks who I would prefer to stay over a new buy.

Nashy said:
He shouldn't be forced to do anything quickly, especially during the season.

However, do agree with your final points. Don't want him here, we have some bloody good young guys in our ranks who I would prefer to stay over a new buy.

Exactly my thoughts, broncos has always been known as a club which produces brilliant young talent and i will be very sad to see boyd, kemp or micheals playing against us next year for the sake of folau, a great young player he is but IMO we shouldn't sacrifice our talent to buy outside talent.

p.s Check your inbox nash, I sent you a pm

Just heard on ABC radio - "Peter Sterling has just handed me a note. Israel Folau has all but signed a 4 year deal with Brisbane."

Rumours getting more certain...

Well, tbh, I think he signed LONG AGO......... But he has asked for the broncos for it to tall be kept secret so(I think) he doesn't get any grudge from the melbourne fans or something along those lines, I can't really see any other reason for him to be holding it off.

BTW, Melbourne offered him 1 million for 3 years, and its been said broncos had a lower offer than that, so what do you guys think the broncos offered him, I'm assuming they offered him 1.2mil for 4 years.

The Broncos would have been stupid to offer that sort of money for someone who is really yet to prove them self as a long term good player.

Broncos have a more valuable offer than Melbourne could match. Family.

We're generally quite good with how we use our cap, so i'm hoping this one pays off (assuming the rumour turns out to be true). If the Broncos really believe he's worth the reported cash, then i'm prepared to give them the BOD for now. But geez he'll wanna play well, especially if we're forced to sacrifice some depth.

Melbourne Storm centre Israel Folau has signed a four-year deal with the Brisbane Broncos, beginning in 2009.

Folau made the announcement last night in the Storm dressing room following the 2007 premiers 10-6 loss to the Sydney Roosters.

The deal with the Broncos is understood to be worth a staggering $2 million.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=15512
icon_thumbs_u icon_thumbs_u

WTF!@$!@#%!@#$!, IF INFACT they gave him 2 million f*king dollars, I will no longer support the broncos, that is a disgrace if its true, THATS 500THOUSAND A SEASON. I highly doubt it's true but they better not of gave him 2mil for a 4 year contract

"IF Infact they gave him 2 million" I havn't belived it as of yet, but if it is true or even anything near that amout, it will mean he is the highest paid player at the club and we will probably have to lose boyd, micheals and kemp to stay under the salary cap for the sake of one player.

I don't belive it, I'm waiting for more reports to come in, but i'm just hoping the initial report which said broncos signed him for 1.2 mil for 4 years is true, thats a fair amount.

Active Now

• porouian
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • whykickamoocow
  • winslow_wong
  • ezpz
  • theshed
  • TimWhatley
  • Waynesaurus
  • Justwin
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manifesto
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Pablo
  • bb_gun
  • Mr Fourex
  • Old Mate
  • Big Del
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.