Folou signed by the broncos

And if he does sign I hope we don't pay the price by having to sacrifce our depth in the backs. I'll be very interested to see his price when it all comes out.

Well, I still don't think dept would be a problem we would lose one or 2 players at the most which would of had to be pushed in PL anyway. He will be signed for 330k i think

kimlo said:
Well, I still don't think dept would be a problem we would lose one or 2 players at the most which would of had to be pushed in PL anyway. He will be signed for 330k i think

that is what the Storm have been reported to offer, apparently the Broncos haven't been able to match the Storm offer

Well, Knowing the broncos they probably offered 300k contract, i can't imagine that they would of game him more, hes good, but hes no justin hodges.

kimlo said:
Well, Knowing the broncos they probably offered 300k contract, i can't imagine that they would of game him more, hes good, but hes no justin hodges.

He has more talent than hodges both attacking and defensively + even more size (and this is coming from one of hodgo's biggest fan's) I would love to get him and just want the speculation crap to end one way or the other.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
kimlo said:

He has more talent than hodges both attacking and defensively + even more size (and this is coming from one of hodgo's biggest fan's) I would love to get him and just want the speculation crap to end one way or the other.

Yeah man, falou is easily better than hodges [icon_ee , hodges comes no where near falou when it comes to talent in both attack and defense, and hes easily twice as weak as falou even though he dragged about 7 players over the sideline in the past two weeks.

lol, I hope your not serious? [icon_ee
Hodges >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Falou 2 fold

Folau has talent, no question ......... but currently Hodges is IMO the best center in the world and much better than Folau

kimlo said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
kimlo said:

Yeah man, falou is easily better than hodges [icon_ee , hodges comes no where near falou when it comes to talent in both attack and defense, and hes easily twice as weak as falou even though he dragged about 7 players over the sideline in the past two weeks.

lol, I hope your not serious? [icon_ee
Hodges >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Falou 2 fold

There is a difference between current ability and talent/potential, Hodges right now is far and away the game's best centre both in attack and defense (except for the lack of involving his outside man I can't really fault his game). However, you only have to watch Folou and see how big he is and how incredible he is already at his age in both attack and defense to realise the guy has more talent and potential than any outside back the game may have seen in a very long time. He may end up a flop but he has all the tools to go a very long way in the game. He has already achieved FAR more than Hodges had at a similar age.

Folau's defense in the centres in nothing short of ordinary. His defense is probably the biggest reason why I think he's overrated.

Yes but whos to say he will get better? He was actually playing alot better last year than this year, but hodges wasn't playing a team that lost 3 games in 1 year was he? WINNING TEAMS GET REP PLAYERS, if he was playing for souths last year i can assure you he would of not got chosen by australia he would still be a huge talent and sought after but would not of got chosen for rep duites, nor would he of had 21 tries in his first year. For him to become better than hodges, well that would take a minor miracle, the thing is in your first year you come out no one knows how good you are so they sorta become complacent towards you, but now that every team knows hes a talent he can not play like he did in his first year. some people boom late some people boom early he has boomed early.

kimlo said:
Yes but whos to say he will get better? He was actually playing alot better last year than this year, but hodges wasn't playing a team that lost 3 games in 1 year was he? WINNING TEAMS GET REP PLAYERS, if he was playing for souths last year i can assure you he would of not got chosen by australia he would still be a huge talent and sought after but would not of got chosen for rep duites, nor would he of had 21 tries in his first year. For him to become better than hodges, well that would take a minor miracle, the thing is in your first year you come out no one knows how good you are so they sorta become complacent towards you, but now that every team knows hes a talent he can not play like he did in his first year. some people boom late some people boom early he has boomed early.

He was a huge reason the storm were so good last year, no one underestimated the guy after a couple of months into the season. He probably wouldn't have had the opportunities he had that is true, but that is not to say he isn't damn good already and he was very good in the rep games he played in. He has all the tools to be better than any outside back in the current game, size, speed, strength, smarts. Not bagging Hodges here because I love the guy and think it would take some time before Folou or anyone for that matter even touched him but I think he has all the talent to get there. Even though the Storm have been ordinary so far he hasn't this year. Scoring a try and setting up tries for teammates and smashing guys (ala J.Hodges) in defense.

Scoring a try and setting up tries for teammates and smashing guys (ala J.Hodges) in defense.

When exactly did he smash j.hodges in defense? Yes they did underestimate the guy, it's human nature until you play against him and actually see whats it's like you don't know how good is he therefore theres a tendency to underestimate, and he has definitly been playing worse this year than last year, storm has not been ordinary they have just come up against great teams.

kimlo said:
Scoring a try and setting up tries for teammates and smashing guys (ala J.Hodges) in defense.

When exactly did he smash j.hodges in defense? Yes they did underestimate the guy, it's human nature until you play against him and actually see whats it's like you don't know how good is he therefore theres a tendency to underestimate, and he has definitly been playing worse this year than last year, storm has not been ordinary they have just come up against great teams.

The Storm are clearly not playing as well as they were last year, Folou is going quite well in a side that is playing alright without setting the world on fire (which they did often last year), he like his side is going good without really hitting a higher gear yet. He hasn't smashed Hodges in defense (well not that I remember) I was saying he is strong and aggressive like Hodges lol. He was destroying his marker time and time again last year from round 1 so there is no way opponents would have been stupid enough to underestimate him or any storm player last year.

I think your forgetting the fact that storm lost mat king(australia representative) clint newton(Great player) matt king was a vital part of the melbourne storm and a superb defender those 2 losses alone have a great affect on the team.
Who else did they lose I can't really remember, remind me who i've missed who has left the storm in 2007.

kimlo said:
I think your forgetting the fact that storm lost mat king(australia representative) clint newton(Great player) matt king was a vital part of the melbourne storm and a superb defender those 2 losses alone have a great affect on the team.
Who else did they lose I can't really remember, remind me who i've missed who has left the storm in 2007.

Ben Cross. They do clearly miss all 3 but with the squad they still have on paper they are probably the benchmark. However they are not quite hitting the straps just yet and I hope the go up a gear next week and we get them in a bell ringer of a match, really test where we are at. And I am happy to agree to disagree on Folou and discuss his progression (or lack thereof) in a year or two icon_thumbs_u

FCB BB AKA MB said:
kimlo said:

Ben Cross. They do clearly miss all 3 but with the squad they still have on paper they are probably the benchmark. However they are not quite hitting the straps just yet and I hope the go up a gear next week and we get them in a bell ringer of a match, really test where we are at. And I am happy to agree to disagree on Folou and discuss his progression (or lack thereof) in a year or two icon_thumbs_u

Again, it's not that melbourne havn't hit their straps, its the fact they have been beaten by teams that are simply better(are you telling me sharks were in top form dropping 30 balls in their own half against melbourne?). Melbourne came out first round smashed the warriors but both sharks and roosters are a better team, proven by the fact the smashed melbourne while they were in top flight last year.

You guys should stop saying storm are playing poorly and there not in form, this and that and actually give credit to the teams who are clearly better. Melbourne went through patches last year when they were out of form but still managed to win, unforunately losing three top quality players has hurt them alot, and there no longer the team they were last year, its like taking hodges, ben hannat and ashton sims out of our side right now, that would hurt a fair bit.

Yes, the teams who have beaten the Storm were better on the day. But if Melbourne were playing a decent game of football, which they weren't tonight, or last week, they should have won.

Have you watched the games, or are you just talking? Because from here, it doesn't look like you have seen how Melbourne have actually played.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • RolledOates
  • Dreaglor
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.