NEWS Footy Show legend slams Seibold

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Affirmative action hire Erin Molan coils another load onto the 24-story bum-jump of turd piled up on the Brisbane Broncos:

“It’s embarrassing. You look at the talent and the calibre of players in that squad — these aren’t battlers, they’re really not. They are incredible players. Yes, they’re a little bit younger than a lot of other sides but that shouldn’t matter. If every player in that team did their best every week they could be a top four side … there are no excuses there. There are serious issues with the coach and the players and with that relationship and something’s got to fold, something’s got to move … it’s shambolic.”

Honeyview Honeyview http   prodstatic9net 1

A world of books and silent times in thought

“Brisbane are such a shambles at the moment that club needs and deserves someone who is 100 per cent committed to just doing that (CEO job). He (Ben Ikin) will get it. He’s very highly-regarded. He’s a great thinker, he’s been part of boards and organisations before … he’ll get that role and do a great job.”

McHunt

Last edited:
Love the bottom bit of the article if true. They'll get 40cents on the dollar at best for Bird and MILF:

The Courier Mail has also predicted a $5 million roster purge as the Broncos prepare to farewell Fifita, soon-to-be-sacked Tevita Pangai Jr and retiring veteran Darius Boyd.

Brisbane will also attempt to offload Jack Bird — potentially to the Dragons — and $1 million-a-season disappointment Anthony Milford.

Last edited:
The Courier Mail has also predicted a $5 million roster purge as the Broncos prepare to farewell Fifita, soon-to-be-sacked Tevita Pangai Jr and retiring veteran Darius Boyd.

Brisbane will also attempt to offload Jack Bird — potentially to the Dragons — and $1 million-a-season disappointment Anthony Milford.
They're just making that up based on what we all know. That's why I didn't bother including it, or the padded out version yesterday. Sorry to be a wet blanket.

Last edited:
They aren’t wrong about the 40 cents on the dollar for milf on current form.

It’s why it makes no sense to offload him, flick Croft, I think he’s on like 300k? Someone will pay full freight for that, if milf turds it up next year reevaluate but if you’re going to be paying both salaries anyway you move the out of form bloke who you’ll get full whack for.

It’s why it makes no sense to offload him, flick Croft, I think he’s on like 300k? Someone will pay full freight for that, if milf turds it up next year reevaluate but if you’re going to be paying both salaries anyway you move the out of form bloke who you’ll get full whack for.

No one will buy Croft at full price, he isn't good enough. He is a depth halfback at best unless he is in a good system.

No one will buy Croft at full price, he isn't good enough. He is a depth halfback at best unless he is in a good system.
Even if we have to pay a bit, it’ll be way less than we’d have to pay for Milf to play for someone else - on current form of course.

Even if we have to pay a bit, it’ll be way less than we’d have to pay for Milf to play for someone else - on current form of course.

Yeah I agree to hold on to Milford unless someone wants to pay at least 60% of his wage or losing him for 40% means we can afford someone else that is needed and becomes available.

I'd go as far as to pay another club to take Milford off our hands. His terrible form over a number of years, his poor attitude, and his overall laziness is toxic snd infectious. The sooner we get rid of him, the better.

For far too long we have rewarded mediocrity. That has to change. Milford has been given more opportunity than most other players would get in their entire career to show he has what it takes, and he has always come up short. Stop persisting with him.

Last edited:
I'd go as far as to pay another club to take Milford off our hands. His terrible form over a number of years, his poor attitude, and his overall laziness is toxic snd infectious. The sooner we get rid of him, the better.
He’s been terrible for a season and a half, which coincides with the entire team being terrible due to having a terrible coach

What's the point of keeping Milford of a club shitkicker? He's been gormless and disinterested when given the run of the team, with no added responsibilities, how's he going to be if demoted? I'd say he's useless as tits on a bull, but to be honest the idea of that sounds kind of sexy.

I’m happy to give a Milford/dearden combo some time to develop under the condition we have a coach who knows what to do with them.
Maybe if the club was in a good enough position where we could afford to wait and see. But Milford's had more than enough time. I'm sick of waiting in hope that he might come good. People are clinging on to the idea of what Milford can provide, more than what the actual Milford has been providing.

No, he has been mostly crap in other seasons too. A few good moments splattered across mostly average to useless performances doesn't cut it as a million dollar playmaker.
Truth. On average he's been about the same as Croft since signing his retirement deal. Occasionally good, infrequently greatbut average at best most of the time. Deplorable defence even by halfback standards, Croft has him there but that's not saying much.

Of the two Milfraud would be booted long before Croft. I'd rather an average tryhard who has improvement left over a complacent and brilliant turnstile. Milford and Sandow have similarities. Sandow greater heart.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mpost
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.