NEWS Footy Show legend slams Seibold

Wow, Erin ‘Hot Takes’ Molan is all over it.

I would pass on Milford, also TPJ, just on the theme of you want character first with this team, then you can go to work on maximising talent. Milf was one of the guys on the pokies before the Parra game last year, also there's plenty of other evidence that he's not as switched on as you would like your 1M+ players to be.

Last edited:
Please, do everyone here a favour and enlighten us.
I have done so many times. He was our player of the year in 18 and was playing well enough in 17 to be selected for origin. Your assertion that he’s been terrible for a number of years is absolute fucking horseshit, unless the number of years you’re talking about is 1.5

I have done so many times. He was our player of the year in 18 and was playing well enough in 17 to be selected for origin. Your assertion that he’s been terrible for a number of years is absolute fucking horseshit, unless the number of years you’re talking about is 1.5
Currently coming last in the Voice of QLD's giant turd vs shit sandwich poll

Screenshot 2020 08 14 5m roster cull Broncos prepare for mass cleanout

Last edited:
I'm also luke warm on a 58 yr old Cameron Smith (how old is he again?)... Not sure what the answer is but I think the CS9 idea is one again a sign of a desperation move from a desperate club, and there is no need for that I believe. I just think the history of CS9 and the Broncos, that ship has sailed and should be left to sail whatever part of the journey is still to go. CS9 has had an awesome run with injuries but deadset you would be looking at the odds of him having a season ending one if he was to come to the Broncs on a big money deal, also yet again.. he is an unproven coach or ambassador or whatever role he would be required to fill. Could be wrong about that but I think better to keep the powder dry and be patient until more tempting long term options are available.

Brisbane aren't going bankrupt, or if they are then the whole game is gone anyhow.. Bide your time, don't panic, and seek to build a solid long term structure.

Last edited:
Sadly your opinion is not shared by the commentators and game reporters, by a substantial portion of the general public, by a very large portion of the posters and by my own good self. That DOESN'T mean you're wrong.

You may well be right and the majority wrong. I don't believe that's the case here. It's rare to be one of the very very few who are correct but it has happened. I know from real life experience on this forum, one lone dissenting voice proven 100% correct and that's why I make allowance.

Last edited:
I'm also luke warm on a 58 yr old Cameron Smith (how old is he again?)... Not sure what the answer is but I think the CS9 idea is one again a sign of a desperation move from a desperate club, and there is no need for that I believe. I just think the history of CS9 and the Broncos, that ship has been sailed and should be left to sail whatever part of the journey is still to go. CS9 has had an awesome run with injuries but deadset you would be looking at the odds of him having a season ending one if he was to come to the Broncs on a big money deal, also yet again.. he is an unproven coach or ambassador or whatever role he would be required to fill. Could be wrong about that but I think better to keep the powder dry and be patient until more tempting long term options are available.

Brisbane aren't going bankrupt, or if they are then the whole game is gone anyhow.. Bide your time, don't panic and build a solid structure.
It's Smiths last year as a player. He's retiring at seasons end. If Melbourne make it to the gf he'll announce it after the game but his boys will know before they run on the field. If they lose earlier it'll be after the loss. 100%.

ZLe
It's Smiths last year as a player. He's retiring at seasons end. If Melbourne make it to the gf he'll announce it after the game but his boys will know before they run on the field. If they lose earlier it'll be after the loss. 100%.
I would say that's most likely, one club thing being the theme. Maybe Brisbane could make a play for one of the other fifteen outstanding spine players Melbourne have waiting patiently in line, though maybe also they only play well in Melbourne... puzzler.

Most people wanted seibold iirc, how’d that turn out
So you're still clinging to the idea that although neither Bennett nor Seibold could figure out how to get the best out of him someone in the future will?

Last edited:
ZLe
I would say that's most likely, one club thing being the theme. Maybe Brisbane could make a play for one of the other fifteen outstanding spine players Melbourne have waiting patiently in line, though maybe also they only play well in Melbourne... puzzler.
I don't think the Broncos are looking that far south. More likely some reliable midtable journeymen in important positions. Wings, not so much but definitely one or two solid centres and a few similar forwards. I think they'll rely on current halves stocks. Fullback is likely the biggest issue. I wish DB was staying there especially if we can get a better coach. Love to see a Bronco backed Flanagan appeal for 2021.

Being the Broncos player of the year doesn't mean much now does it. Relative to all the other halves in the NRL, he has been average at best each and every year.

But if you prefer average, underperforming halves earning a million bucks, good for you. Keep using Seibolds coaching as the only reason he has been underperforming, whilst overlooking the fact he was offering the same under Bennett too at various stages.

The fact he has played 170+ games, and still hasn't got a clue about playmaking says it all really. One or two plays here and there, whilst looking clueless all the other times is not what this team needs.

At his age and with his experience, he should have established himself as a mainstay in representative sides. But instead, there are so many other halves that would get chosen before he is even considered. He's no longer even the best Samoan half in the NRL.

But keep believing he'll come good.

They aren’t wrong about the 40 cents on the dollar for milf on current form.

It’s why it makes no sense to offload him, flick Croft, I think he’s on like 300k? Someone will pay full freight for that, if milf turds it up next year reevaluate but if you’re going to be paying both salaries anyway you move the out of form bloke who you’ll get full whack for.
Depends how you look at it.
If you could manage to negotiate it up to 50% (for Milf) then you have just freed up half a million of salary cap space.
Even if you could convince someone to pay all of Crofts contract, you've only freed up $300k.
If the goal is to free up cap space, it make much more sense to offload Milford.

Last edited:
Most people wanted seibold iirc, how’d that turn out
Most people just wanted Bennett gone because he's a stubborn old **** and the game has passed him by. Seibold seemed like the next logical step because of reasons but that has obviously not worked out. Hindsight is 20/20 so not many people could have known that especially you.

I recall recently a thread that exposed the myth that you always thought Seibold was a dud. I also recall you giving Seibold some credit after we won the first two games this season.

Please stop painting yourself as some all knowing messiah when it's clear that, like many of us on here, you have no idea what you're talking about. And please stop repeating yourself over and over again in multiple threads because narcissistic tendencies aside, it's now just becoming really sad for you.

He's always made everyone around him look like they're out of position. Hunt, Nikorima, Marshall, etc all failed to combine with him.
Milfs game was evolving under Bennett, in fact in his last year as our coach milf was our best player. Who knows where milf would be at if the career killing pie eater didn’t take over.

Most people just wanted Bennett gone because he's a stubborn old **** and the game has passed him by. Seibold seemed like the next logical step because of reasons but that has obviously not worked out. Hindsight is 20/20 so not many people could have known that especially you.

I recall recently a thread that exposed the myth that you always thought Seibold was a dud. I also recall you giving Seibold some credit after we won the first two games this season.

Please stop painting yourself as some all knowing messiah when it's clear that, like many of us on here, you have no idea what you're talking about. And please stop repeating yourself over and over again in multiple threads because narcissistic tendencies aside, it's now just becoming really sad for you.
People tried to say I didn’t call it early and Huge, bless him found evidence to the contrary.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.