NEWS Footy Show legend slams Seibold

But he was part of a team so using your analogy it would only have been a splash of water left on the sideline the rest of the water was still there to drown you. So many what ifs. What if big Sammy hadn't fell for JT's dummy, what if Oates made the tackle on Feldt instead of coming in field, what if Macca had passed to Parker when he was wide open with the line only a metre away?

The team was wot lost it. And that loss has haunted a few of the players ever since.

Hunts particular mistakes where ones where he was not on the field we would have actually been in a better position.

Those mistaskes you mentioned it's a case of it didn't matter if they were on the field.

Active losing vs passive losing. We were hurt by Hunts presence, and hurt by those aforementioned players lack of presence.

That's a clear and obvious reason why Hunt should get the Lions Share of the blame for the loss. BEFORE even mentioning that golden point kick off.

Last edited:
Hunts particular mistakes where ones where he was not on the field we would have actually been in a better position.

Those mistaskes you mentioned it's a case of it didn't matter if they were on the field.

Active losing vs passive losing. We were hurt by Hunts presence, and hurt by those aforementioned players lack of presence.
Whatever.:happy:

All this 2015 grand final debate again is bringing back my eye twitch.
Not Mine :happy::happy:

Seriously you guys need to move on, that was 5 yrs ago & both teams are shit atm & struggling. I would suggest if you cant move beyond 2015 then there are bigger problems at play for your team.

I dont take any delight in both our plights

The same way water is a part of drowning. As in if it's not there, you dont' drown. Hunt is off the field for the last 5 minutes, we win.

I take your point. In your scenario, it is most likely we win but it's not certain. I remember my post when you dropped that ball. It wasn't very nice.

Not Mine :happy::happy:

Seriously you guys need to move on, that was 5 yrs ago & both teams are shit atm & struggling. I would suggest if you cant move beyond 2015 then there are bigger problems at play for your team.

I dont take any delight in both our plights

For me it's not being stuck in the past. It's using it as a point of reference. History is a good teacher if one is willing to learn the lessons

That's just wrong.

If Hunt is injured and we play with 12 man right before that spear tackle. We win.

Hunt gives away a penalty. Loses the ball after the Milf break and then knocks the ball on after the kick off.

or if Oates stays on his wing for 10 seconds more ... we win

or if Macca passes to Parker (instead of dummying), Parker scores under the sticks ... we win

I'm also luke warm on a 58 yr old Cameron Smith (how old is he again?)... Not sure what the answer is but I think the CS9 idea is one again a sign of a desperation move from a desperate club, and there is no need for that I believe. I just think the history of CS9 and the Broncos, that ship has sailed and should be left to sail whatever part of the journey is still to go. CS9 has had an awesome run with injuries but deadset you would be looking at the odds of him having a season ending one if he was to come to the Broncs on a big money deal, also yet again.. he is an unproven coach or ambassador or whatever role he would be required to fill. Could be wrong about that but I think better to keep the powder dry and be patient until more tempting long term options are available.

Brisbane aren't going bankrupt, or if they are then the whole game is gone anyhow.. Bide your time, don't panic, and seek to build a solid long term structure.

Couldn’t agree more.....

Finding easy targets is par for the course for journos looking to sell news.

Perspective here, as far as our dire predicament is important. We have been gradually declining for years. Bennett's legacy has a lot to do with that, both as a coach, and, in the way the club disposed of him. Both those for mine explain in large part the decline of Milford and Boyd. Excellent man manager he may well be however Bennett's coaching methods no longer cut it, not do JD's which explains why Souths will NEVER reach the level of the Storm, Roosters, Eels, Penrith or to a lesser extent, Raiders. On top of that there are serious questions about our player development, recruitment and retention, things that can't be subject to a quick fix via a new coach.

The Storm last night showed me what it's all about: a team that plays like a well oiled machine no matter who is in it. They have had years to develop that style of play. They can execute blindfolded. There is always someone in position to take the pass, always someone running in support. Equally, their defence, almost perfect execution.

To expect Seibold to achieve that level of cohesion in 18 months, given the shambles we have been becoming is utterly unrealistic. He has shortcomings and is accountable for them. He may not be the coach we need, but to crucify him mercilessly is unfair and misses the point, and, by doing so, ignores the totality of reasons why we are as bad as we are.

Whoever replaces Seibold will take at least 2 years IMO to show significant signs of improvement before we even approach the level of the top sides, particularly given the "new" post COVID game, like the absence of lower grade competitions. We need patience as part of our regime change

Excellent overview of the reality of the situation.

I’m also sick of the media (and some in here) spouting the old favourite about not using injuries as an excuse. We had half of our squad unavailable (and are still in a hole) an all they talk about is how useless our coach is and how the players lack commitment (which some do).
Nek Minit Roosters lose some personnel and the Raiders, Knights, Storm lose key players. Poo old Manly lose Turbo (again) and a couple of mates and...
“OH NO!!!” Screams the same frikin media

or if Oates stays on his wing for 10 seconds more ... we win

or if Macca passes to Parker (instead of dummying), Parker scores under the sticks ... we win

Not arguing the point that every player contributed to the loss, not sure why that's even a point anymore. It's just that no other player actively contributed to the loss by their mere involvement. Had Hunt not been on the field, or chosen not to get involved, then those mistakes would have not been made. Had those players not been on the field, then the defense line is weaker anyway, or theres one less player to pass too. Hunt actively lost us the game, where us the other players passively lost us the game. One is more egrecious than the other.

Sometimes in sport you need to hook someone because they're making your team actually worse.

Last edited:
He’s been terrible for a season and a half, which coincides with the entire team being terrible due to having a terrible coach
*since the 2nd half of 2016

He played 18th months of football at his potential never to be seen again.

But he was part of a team so using your analogy it would only have been a splash of water left on the sideline the rest of the water was still there to drown you. So many what ifs. What if big Sammy hadn't fell for JT's dummy, what if Oates made the tackle on Feldt instead of coming in field, what if Macca had passed to Parker when he was wide open with the line only a metre away?

The team was wot lost it. And that loss has haunted a few of the players ever since.

We put the cue in the rack and were trying to close out the game waaay too early. Its easy to blame Hunt.......I blame poor game management more than anything else.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.